It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We The People" Must Clean Up the Oil Spill, Government is Worthless!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Spot on! We have more power boycotting BP and pressuring our Reps than we do trying to mobilize a grass roots clean up effort.

The Coast Guard will arrest those they deem to be endangering the operation, so those that do try to help are going to need some sort of government sanction to even be there. They have chased the press out of the water more than once since this happened. They do have that authority.

Perhaps Arizona should run and ad in Spanish that BP is hiring Illegals in the Gulf to clean up the oil.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by stonergeek]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
you all can clean the oil but im not . I did not spill it , And you could send 10 billion people down there and clean it and it would not do a dam thing if the oil leak is not plugged. If they stopped it , fine some people can go clean it, but until they stop it , I am not going to clean anything.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Do you truly believe that hay is the solution to this problem. The video with the "good ole boys" shows them using half a box of hay to mop up half a cup of processed motor oil.

Firstly, how do we know that it works with crude oil that's been floating around in the ocean for days or weeks.

Secondly, if it takes half a box of hay to soak up half a cup, how much hay do you need to soak up a barrel (maybe an acre or two)? Even the lowest estimates are saying 5000 barrels a day and I think most people agree it is a lot more than this. So, you'd need many thousands to millions of acres of hay to even have a tiny impact.

Thirdly, farmers are making hay for their livestock. If it's all used to mop up oil, what are the cattle going to eat next winter.

And finally, the farmers are not going to give their hay away - who's going to pay for it? The farmers could take their truck loads of hay down to the coast, drop it off and send an invoice to BP, but are they really going to expect to be paid?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This video has some very important information regarding the oil spill clean up.

Warning, there is vulgar language in this video, but the message is important.

www.youtube.com...

Can anyone familiar with using oil booms correctly
confirm if the information in this video is true???

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
it might seem easy to blame this all on the government but I think it's deeper than that. From what I understand, BP wants minimal association with this matter regarding clean-up and responsibility.

How I understand it, It costs money to use government resources to clean this up, I think the government doesn't want to spend money on a situation that wasn't their fault. What BP is doing is BS cleaning efforts so other people and other people's money can really do the work.

if it weren't so evil, it'd be brilliant.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Shouldn't this disaster be considered a corporate terrorist attack? It threatens our economy, the health and safety of the surrounding communities, and entire ecosystem, etc. But since TPTB are more interested in sensationalizing much lesser events for the pursuit of their own agendas that further control us.
Do we really need politicians and everything that they represent? Their interests lie with the corporations yet they will play the people as part of the game in getting elected by directed media. It's really quite a show with all the red and blue colors and everything.

Now, what would society be like if communities self governed? Would they not self correct the stray members who choose to do harm within their communities? The current system depends on us hoping that justice is served when a law is broken. We are led to assumed that those we have elected are looking out for our best interests. But we all know that's a joke. Their idea of a functional society is a micro-chipped population whose self governance is derived from fear through surveillance through video cameras, biometric ID's, snooping neighbors who state if you have nothing to hide, then how an you not go along with the system?

I sincerely believe that if left to our own devices and responsibilities to take care of one another with direct communication and understanding that we are all in this together that our mentality would evolve. Not into the fear based control system that is being laid out before our very eyes, but one in which we know who are neighbors are. What they are good at and what they may need help with. By sharing our skills and working basically a tribe, we could lead happy lives with great abundance. We would no longer be directed and educated to be as the weakest of our society, but the strongest. Political correctness and hampering towards bringing the middle class into the third world, makes us all weak.

We seem to be directed in the opposite direction however. It's most likely that if this oil disaster continues then the south faces some huge problems which could easily become problems for everyone. I am for taking care of this through the population ASAP but the real source of it lies at the seabed where regular people can do nothing. Brilliant yet so evil.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by starshift]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I dont think BP is going to stop anyone trying to contain the oil spill. Cmon now...

The more oil is spilled the more money BP is going to have to pay so its in their best interest to allow anyone trying to help to help.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

People needed to start fixing,approaching issues with a little bit more fervor,along time ago....
Nothing like free will,huh?.
Hint.......

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

The money thing just coasts around full circle,those who have it do not lose squat.
Who does that leave to foot the bill?.
I just try to remove myself,away from it....
....But I just cannot escape....

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

The perfect society for those who enjoy letting people believe they are free is one such as this.
Fly away,be free,like that Mork guy said to the egg b4 it broke on the floor....

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I agree we need to do something and quickly, but common sense must be applied.

To just show up down there and start trying to clean this mess up is dangerous. It's not just crude oil, it's also chemicals, both of which are toxic. Even the air is going to be bad in some areas. Protective gear must be worn.

Remember all the people who got ill or died after rushing in to help with the twin towers. There are unknown factors and what you don't know can kill you.

There is a thread somewhere explaining this, I read it today, but I can't find it to link here. Did anyone else read it or know where it went?

It was explained (in that thread) that this hazard is why BP doesn't want the locals on the beaches.

Yes, I know, it could be all bs, but shouldn't we find out before diving in?
----------------------------

Also, in case you all didn't know this, hay has been a top commodity during the summer months. People in the south have been struggling to find it to feed their farm animals for several years now. As it is now summer isn't even here yet and already the pasture lands are drying up and dying. It's tuning up to be a very rough summer.

So using hay for the oil would be swapping one dilemma for another. And, when a hurricane does push the oil inland it's going to complicate both problems even more.

----------------------------
To chiponbothshoulders:
Mork and the egg. I remember that.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by SheaWolf]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Great Idea, so get a sail boat, it's super cheap and you can live on it. If you know how to sail. if not learn, find a skipper/captain, and do what your saying.

Seriously if I had a sail boat I would already be their. You could blog it, record it, advertise to get more people. You would have to hope people send hay, tons of it seriously thousands of pounds of hay. you see the problem is until then this is all talk, and it seems to me it's easier to give idea's then to actually try and do something about it.

If I had the money I would do something and since I don't have the money, if someone wants to sponsor me I will personally sail down to the Gulf Of Mexico with a crew of people and try to start and make a difference. Call my bluff

Really though great idea it's just who's going to do it? How do you start something like that? do you start a website and advertise? do you get sponsors and crews and all that stuff?. The real question is what do we as people actually do to try and help? Do we talk on a forum or do we get together in the form to find ways to solve the problems in the world, we can all discus but is anyone acting on the discussion?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
[edit on 29-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
We must clean up the world of bastards that manipulate us!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Burn it and produce some energy from it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Great solution if they weren't spraying all the oil dispersants that break up the oil and push it downward.

It is becoming a oil slur out there and no one seems to be in charge.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonergeek
www.tonic.com...

Here are people helping!

There is also The National Guard.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I live off the gulf coast and this disaster will devastate the gulf coast people with their livelyhoods, as well as their health. I would love to be able to go down to the beaches and marshes to help clean up our beautiful gulf coast but I live paycheck to paycheck and I can't afford not to work. I know many people on the gulf coast who make their living fishing in the gulf coast and I would be willing to set up a website and help facilitate a movement of people to begin a massive clean up effort. I can't help but think if we were a more spiritual race that this clean up effort would already be going on. So to the American people I call upon you as a fellow American, to help me begin this movement. I will post the website I am going to create as soon as I can.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am still looking for a source that may already be implementing the hay clean up
for those who would like to do something to help with the OP idea.

For those who would like to do something to help out the gulf clean up now,
with a slightly different angle, Here is an organization who is using hair to
make hair booms to clean up the oil in the gulf.

matteroftrust.org...

There is information on the site for how and where to donate hair or fur
You can also make cash donations if you would like.

The site also has video showing how they make the hair booms,
as well as information on how they are composting the used booms.
I saw one video that said they are able to use each boom over 100 times.

Some ideas to help with this effort would be to
contact all local stylists and groomers and inform them of this organization
Contact any farmers of alpaca, lama, sheep, etc.
Contact local churches, clubs, scouts, etc and encourage them
to hold drives and inform thier members of this effort
Blog about this organization on internet blogs or forums

I'll post additional information on any groups or organizations that I
can locate who are working with the hay clean up as I can locate them

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

If we want this cleaned up we the people are going to have to do it and by-pass the incompetent, worthless, and corrupt government!!!

You are correct, ultimately we will be the ones cleaning up this mess.
It will not be politicians, lobbyists or corporate heads doing the dirty work.
Suffice to say, that is the most likely reason for government incompetence....
(on this matter and many more)

Day in and day out, we are the ones that turn the wheels. They bank on us to work it out for them.

And we do.
As we have done, for decades. Sadly.
Without our labor and sweat...
They might just have work a little bit themselves.

Think about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join