It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We The People" Must Clean Up the Oil Spill, Government is Worthless!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved its own thread!

The government is worthless! People need to just start doing it themselves. All the farmers in the area that have extra hay and straw need to just start taking it down to the docks, and the fishermen and anyone with a boat start taking it out and sopping up the oil. Also all the marshes they are so worried about just start putting hay and straw in there and sopping up the oil.

Someone should set up a website and start recruiting people to ship thier hay down there and people with boats etc. to take out and soak up oil with it. At least if it washes up on the beach it will be easy to pick up just like sea weed.

If we want this cleaned up we the people are going to have to do it and by-pass the incompetent, worthless, and corrupt government!!! If I lived anywhere near the area I would load up a pick up and trailer with hay and head for those marshes and just start doing it and maybe get some news outlets to cover it and start the ball rolling and hope it caught on.

So does anyone live near there want to get the ball rolling?

This has been done before in the past and is proven and some good ole boys down south give us a demonstration on how well it works:

Imagine thousand of people showing up with hay and straw to the marshes and docks and thousands of boats loaded with hay heading out to start the clean up? If the government tries to prevent it then we know they don't want it cleaned up, and their agenda is against us! How can they stop everyone?

This spill is a threat to the lives of people in the area, are we just going to let them run over us again and kill the environment in the area and eventually many of the people in that region? If we can't stand up for ourselves here then where and when? Haven't they poisoned us enough with the water and food supply and vaccines etc. etc.? Even if you don't believe that you can't deny this will have serious repercussions if not catastrophic for decades to come!

[edit on 29-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow seriously no response to this? I had hoped this would stay bumped and this idea might spread too... I am sure I am not the first to think of it but it needs to permeate the collective consciousness so to speak.

On another note the Kevin Costner technology looks promising too. That would be great for the open ocean but I think the hay would work well in the Marshes?

Kevin Costner Technology

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is a wonderful plan
I do not live anywhere near the oil spill area.
Do you have suggestions for anything people can do who are not near the area?

Also, do you think that government or BP will stop anyone who attempts to do this on their own? If so, will it be possible to work around them?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
S/F

If you live in this area, spread the awareness of this and try and get some momentum on this simple green solution. Looks like a fantastic idea to me.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Finally someone has come up with a solution instead of the incessant lies, anger, corruption, and saddness.

AND YET EVERYONE ON ATS HAS FAILED TO READ THIS POST!!!
SHAME ON US ALL!!!

I for one would gladly pay for a plane ticket to go down there, clean up the mess while singing " F U government, we don't need you and BP stay out of our way you fools."

Peace

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusions
This is a wonderful plan
I do not live anywhere near the oil spill area.
Do you have suggestions for anything people can do who are not near the area?

Also, do you think that government or BP will stop anyone who attempts to do this on their own? If so, will it be possible to work around them?

Right now just spread the word. I considered starting a website but it needs to be someone in the area so donations can get to who needs them like for gas for boats and farmers to get hay down there. I don't know anyone down there so wouldn't know if donation were going to the right people. I am in Idaho so about as far away as I can get. If this takes off I might consider heading down for a weekend or more to help somehow but it needs to be coordinated locally IMO.

If the government tries to prevent it then we know for sure their agenda is not about us or the environment but for the politically connected like BP. Hopefully enough people would show up to make it impossible for the government to prevent it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What role does Deparment OF Homeland Security play in this major crisis? Shouldn't they be direcly involved if BP is powerless to stop and/or contain the leak?

I hope they don't pull another katrina on us because that would suck. I thought it was fema's job (now part of DHS) to manage Federal Emergencies. DUH THE NAME SAYS IT ALL!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
What role does Deparment OF Homeland Security play in this major crisis? Shouldn't they be direcly involved if BP is powerless to stop and/or contain the leak?

I hope they don't pull another katrina on us because that would suck. I thought it was fema's job (now part of DHS) to manage Federal Emergencies. DUH THE NAME SAYS IT ALL!

It's our job! It's time to quit expecting a worthless incompetent and corrupt government to protect us and do the right thing. They have been abusing us for centuries. The only thing government has ever done well is wage war on us and others, physically, economically, financially, and spiritually. What does that tell you about the people who gravitate to government?

It's time to grow up and realize we are responsible for ourselves and just start doing it. Right Action mitigates fear and apathy!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i think its the quickest get rich quick scheme. whoever cleans up the gulf first is a instant billionaire......................LET THE GAMES BEGIN.
they should make a reality show out of it. start it off showing oil soaked birds and animals, giant pools of slick to pull at the heart strings then offer a billion dollars to the inventor who has the best way of cleaning it up. greed is a great motivator

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Maybe your correct. It just strikes me odd NO ONE mentioned DHS and the role they SHOULD be playing in mitigating emergencies. Are they only for "terrorism" or what???

And what tools can people bring to fight a potentially biblical catastrophe? Agencies were created for a reason and they have the necessary training plus tools to get the job done.

I am quite certain BP and the government are stalling so they can create the maximum negative impact and us it to their advantage. Someone mentioned *cap and trade*, *need for alternative energy*, install the NAU and Amero, etc.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't think a common man can stand up and fix this. The military needs to get involved if anything.

Like I said in another thread..this is a Lean as you go process. After we stop the leak, then you have the 22 mile long oil plumes that are haunting the gulf...underwater. So the process to fix this is much more complex than "we the people must clean up the oil spill!" Although, it's very simplistic to think this could be something easy to resolve with hay.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Maybe your correct. It just strikes me odd NO ONE mentioned DHS and the role they SHOULD be playing in mitigating emergencies. Are they only for "terrorism" or what???

And what tools can people bring to fight a potentially biblical catastrophe? Agencies were created for a reason and they have the necessary training plus tools to get the job done.

I am quite certain BP and the government are stalling so they can create the maximum negative impact and us it to their advantage. Someone mentioned *cap and trade*, *need for alternative energy*, install the NAU and Amero, etc.

Agencies are only created to protect the Politically connected and thier agendas wich is power and profit period! They don't give a damn about you or me or the Environment. They will kill the entire planet of they think they can make a buck and are just arrogant enough to think they can move to another and do the same. When are people going to realize the Government has never done anything competently except wage war against the people of this planet and even thier own citizens?

Forget DHS and all the rest of these alphabet agencies they are incompetent. They proved it in Katrina and many previous historical crisis! QUITE LOOKING TO GOVERNMENT TO TAKE CARE OF YOU THEY ARE HOPELESSLY CORRUPT!

WE THE PEOPLE are the only ones who can fix this and the rest of the problems we face if we will just get off our arses and go to work!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I don't think a common man can stand up and fix this. The military needs to get involved if anything.

Like I said in another thread..this is a Lean as you go process. After we stop the leak, then you have the 22 mile long oil plumes that are haunting the gulf...underwater. So the process to fix this is much more complex than "we the people must clean up the oil spill!" Although, it's very simplistic to think this could be something easy to resolve with hay.

It's not learn as you go it's proven technology that works! It's this kind of defeatist thinking that has allowed us to get into all these messes. It has always been the common man who really solved problems. The military is over seas fighting illegal wars so oil barons can continue to rape us and kill our environment, they can't fix this. We have 300 million Americans We can do this if people will get off there Arse and stop expecting government to take care of everything

I never said it would be easy but the solution is certainly not to sit back and do nothing and wait for the government or military to do the right thing! Look where that has gotten us so far. Americans have always been at there best in a crisis. I could see thousands even millions stepping up to help down there mitigating this as much as possible!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

It's this kind of defeatist thinking that has allowed us to get into all these messes. It has always been the common man who really solved problems. The military is over seas fighting illegal wars so oil barons can continue to rape us and kill our environment, they can't fix this. We have 300 million Americans We can do this if people will get off there Arse and stop expecting government to take care of everything

I never said it would be easy but the solution is certainly not to sit back and do nothing and wait for the government or military to do the right thing! Look where that has gotten us so far. Americans have always been at there best in a crisis. I could see thousands even millions stepping up to help down there mitigating this as much as possible!

What are you going to do with all of the oil filled hay?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How awesome is that. We actually do something for ourselves instead of waiting for the government to do something for us.

I feel like we have been retarted as a country and we don't even know how to take care of ourselves anymore, but if we stand up and shake the dust off, we can actually start making the real changes needed to make a difference.
Amen to taking action for ourselves!!!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

How oil tankers and skimmers are in the gulf region? I have been trying to find out but didn't see anything relevant. And your correct we can't really clean up this mess and we shouldn't have to because it was BP's fault and the fault of both the british and american government for sitting on the sidelines.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

What are you going to do with all of the oil filled hay?

Burn it for energy. There are cities that have incinerator gasifier furnaces that can burn trash for energy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

I also wonder if the coal burning electrical plants couldn't burn it?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by GorehoundLarry

How oil tankers and skimmers are in the gulf region? I have been trying to find out but didn't see anything relevant. And your correct we can't really clean up this mess and we shouldn't have to because it was BP's fault and the fault of both the british and american government for sitting on the sidelines.

We CAN clean it up and we will! Do you think we should sit around and wait for BP or corrupt government to do what they never will? It doesn't matter whose fault it is if we want it cleaned up we are going to have to do it ourselves period! The sooner we come to terms with that the sooner we can get started!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Constitutional Law expert Edwin Vierra suggests that every state train volunteers to handle disasters of the state that the volunteers are from. For example, people in the Gulf Coast would train for floods, hurricanes etc. The NorthEast would train for blizzards, hurricanes etc. while volunteers from say the West Coast would train for earthquakes etc. and all states would train in their own defense thereby nearly eliminating the need for Unconstitutional military programs.

However, this problem is pretty unique, so I'm not sure anyone was prepared for this. Clean up of the shores and wetlands could be done by the people, but I would think that BP and Uncle Scam would keep us out for "our own protection".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join