It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Student-Principal Scuffle Released

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ok, im sure the principal had some reason to do that to the guy, maybe we dont know what happened all we see id him taking him down, maybe he started a fight on the other side of the room? and he wanted the kid out for the safety of the other students, you never kno nowadays! force is needed sometimes. but to a certain extent

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm kinda shocked that everyone is jumping on the principal when no one even knows what lead up to this. I agree that the principal seemed to act a little too aggressively and apparently the school board agreed as he was removed from his post. BUT... most kids today are disrespectful punks! They have no respect for authority, rules or adults. Often I am amazed by some of the things I hear exiting the mouths of our youth directed toward adults. If you had to work with a building filled with these disrespectful sots you might lose your cool too!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
IF you had read the story, you would know WHY it happened. The principal wanted the kid to hand over a cell phone so he could not record a fight that had not even happened yet. The kid refused and the principal went wild.

If that were my son, I would be writing this from jail, because I would have gone to the school or wherever that punk principal was and dealt him a beating he would never forget. Too bad the canadians will tolerate this crap...in my neck of the woods that principal would be fired and run out of town. It would not be safe for him to live around here....people have a way of going into these mountains and not finding their way out.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Did anybody bother to read the story? It says exactly why this principal attacked this kid.

Here it is.

School fight

The incident started when Fells demanded Josh hand over his cellphone after the boy prepared to record a fight that was brewing in the school, the parents said.

The fight did not happen and the boy refused to hand over his phone, the parents said. He walked away and Fells followed, they said.

RCMP investigated the incident and no charges were laid.

From the original link given in the op.

The kid was preparing to film a fight that was apparently supposed to happen, and the principal apparently didn't know that the fight didn't occur, and somehow he found out this kid was going to be the one filming it.

The principal then demanded the kid to give over his cell phone, and the kid said no. Then you all know what happens.

The OP story doesn't say exatly what happened. It tells the story of what the kid's parents said happened.

The story on the majority of Canadian news sites says this:

The young male student allegedly took "inappropriate" photos of a female student on his cellphone, then refused to turn it over to teachers.. When Fells was called over, the student again refusedto comply and attempted to take off down the hall, causing the principal to forcibly stop him.

Residents in the tiny Nova Scotia community, located just northeast of Halifax, had rallied around Fells when news of the incident leaked out.

So, something happened, the principal was not there at first but more than one teacher was, and they tried to get the cellphone from the kid. They couldn't get it from him so they called in the principal, the kid tries to get away, principal follows, and then we get what transpired on the video.

Ignore the color of the 2 involved and rethink the situation.

Imagine it was your daughter that the kid was taking pictures of... The principal was protecting her. Laud him a bit maybe? Or would you still say that he should've bowed before the kid and said "of course you can do whatever you want and get away with it kid. That's what life is all about, and we're glad to have taught you that and prepared you for adulthood."

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to call made up BS on this video and issue! It looks to me like he was in the right for removing the student to a safer area.

You can see that he didn't use hands on the student till he had to.

These kids need to know who is in charge and that they need to do what they are told in school, not like at home where they go wild.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've watched the video several times, and my conclusion is that while the kid did escalate the situation to physical by pushing the principle, the principle was outside his realm of authority.

However, the kid should have just turned and ran because there is no way that fat principle could have kept up with the kid.

If the Principle was SMART, he would have just let the kid go away after the kid shoved the principle, because that would have been reason enough for suspension/expulsion.

Then, if the Principle truly did feel the kid was taking inappropriate photos of girls then he should have called the Police to handle the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join