It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Student-Principal Scuffle Released

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Video of Student-Principal Scuffle Released

news.aol.ca

Security video of a March confrontation between a principal and a student at a Dartmouth, N.S., high school was posted on YouTube on Friday.

The video appears to show Ken Fells, who at the time was principal of Graham Creighton Junior High, wrestling with 14-year-old Josh Boutilier.

Fells was removed as principal at the Cherry Brook school last week, but is still an employee of the Halifax Regional School Board.

Josh, who now attends a new school, received a co
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Not exactly what we remember from high-school is it?

Is it just me or are schools becoming like corrupt police officers who swear to serve and oppress?

What's going on in this crazy world of ours?

I don't get it... it's almost like a virus of some sort!
Causing violent behavior

What in the world is happening here?
Schools are more and more becoming like corrupt law enforcers.

news.aol.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Teachers can't handle having their authority challenged. Not all of them of course. But I've ran into some nasty teachers.

I had a teacher at my college yell at me in the locker room for something I didn't do. Talk to me in an abusive way. Turns out he didn't have the authority he thought he did.. And after a fifth incident I've been told the school staff is "Considering Permanent Action."

If this principal did this to me when I was younger, Im sure he would of got away with it. But if I teacher came at me like that today he would be severely injured after the encounter.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Agreed. The only reason that a teacher should ever touch a student in that manner is if they are protecting that student from hurting themselves or others. No exceptions.

This gent should be fired and brought up on criminal charges for assault

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Could you imagine if that was a white principal and a black student? It would be game over with a mob led by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

--airspoon

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
not only that
look at after the he brings him into his office
he continues the choke hold

who knows what happens later after the video finishes
he apparently got scars the article says
where did those come from?
a choke hold?

I think not!!!
I'm sure the worst part starts when the video ends

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This makes me sick.

School is completely vouluntary. Or at least its sappose to be.

Walking away is not an offence. Taking a kid down 40 years younger than you is.

The principle should be charged for assult. If the kid fought back, self defence.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by gandhi]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Knee to the nuts boot to the face.

If that were my son, That dirt bag would have to be in witness protection. Cause if he wanted a fight I would sure as hell give him one.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"The School Principal" would make a pretty good persona for a professional wrestler. I saw no reason for the man handling.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
guys let's just comment

no need for threats or "If that was me I would...."

It's the internet man

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The thing I liked least about school from Jr High on was the daily lockdown, authoritarian vibe. Most of the teachers had a sense of superiority that was laughable, and I always imagined them trying their attitudes in the real world around other adults who they had no power over instead of kids. Teachers get a decent wage, job security, and 3 month vacations for teaching the same thing, year after year. Not too tough, but you'd never know it from their vile attitudes. I have issues with the school system.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody stepped into to help him...

And the one teacher who was trying to stop kids from following...

They dragged him into that room, away from everybody else..

That guy obviously has anger issues and self control issues , and a problem with touching and handling other people .

Lack of professionalism

Lack of logical thinking

Lack of caring..

Definitely not a lack of Ignorance though.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If that were my son, he would've handed the cell phone to the principal and had me deal with it later.

There's more to the story than "poor innocent sweet good kid gets roughed up by principal". Assuming that the principal beats kid up in office is inflamatory.

I'm not saying that the principal was doing 100% the right thing, but kids do need to learn how to obey rules and respect authority.

Society needs rules, enforcers of rules, and punishment for breaking the rules.

50yrs ago, this would be a non-issue. Society would not have been damaged. The kid would have learned a lesson, and the principal would have less trouble getting the cell phone from the next kid.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't get it...

There are people in the world who desire to control others. We realize this. We accept it.

It is natural for people with this desire to gravitate towards positions that give them control over others.

Why we don't realize and accept that, I don't know. If you had control issues, if you enjoyed having power over others, if you wanted to subjugate the weak...wouldn't you seek an "authority" position that would make it easy for you to do these things? Government, police, teachers...any position of authority is a natural place for people who desire the control and subjugation of others because those positions give them easy access to what they want. Of course they're going to seek these positions.

becoming

It has always been this way.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
[edit on 29-5-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm guessing there's more to this story. What's the betting this kid was a complete punk with a history of trouble-making and disobedience? How do we know he hasn't acted violently towards staff or other kids?

Just saying - I doubt this is as one sided as the video/story makes out.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you insist in putting your children into re-education camps er I am mean public schools get them into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training. With a little training a smaller guy could have easily countered and prevented that or at least escaped it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

With a little training a smaller guy could have easily countered

Frame of mind has more to do with it than training. Any random nobody in bad physical shape and with no training at all will easily beat your typical martial artist with 2-3 years of training...if the random nobody really wants to hurt the martial artist, and the trained martial artist is scared to throw a punch.

There were dozens of people in that clip. Collectively they could easily have overpowered the teacher...but they didn't try. Look at the one guy who does get involved. He gingerly pushes on the teacher and then steps back, gently touches him again and then wavers back and forth and just watches.

It's not a question of strength or training. It's a question of willingness to act.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There are two sides to every story, including this one I'm sure.

However, there can be no excuse for handling a student in that manner, and causing him injury. Very unprofessional.

Originally posted by airspoon
Could you imagine if that was a white principal and a black student? It would be game over with a mob led by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Unfortunately, this statement is correct.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

So what if the kid was a punk and that's only assuming that he was, which is a leap. The principal still has no right to put his hands on that child, period. When you become a principal of a school. you can count on the fact that you will have to deal with punk kids. That's just how it is. You get paid to deal with those punk kids in a effective manner, not to lose your temper and put hands on a child much smaller than you. This principal obviously couldn't hack the job of being a principal, nor could he hack the job of being a common-law abiding citizen.

No matter how much you disagree with all of the stupid laws on the books, initiating physical force against another person is wrong and breaks the very foundation of common-law.

This principal should be charged with the very obvious crime of assault against a child. If the races had been reversed, the white principal would be staring at a hate crime that would most likely even warrant Obama chiming in. However, because this crime was a black principal on a white child, nobody so much as even cares and the principal will live another day to assault another child.

Punk or no punk, this child doesn't deserve to be man-handled by anyone other than his parents. Just because you don't like someone's behavior, doesn't give you the right to go around assaulting others, especially if they are children. That's what separates us from other animals on this planet, it's what makes us civilized. With that being said, this principal is obviously the punk in this case.

--airspoon

[edit on 29-5-2010 by airspoon]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join