It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space >YOU< Metaphysical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is to the open minded contributors. The posters who have experienced or at least believe in a metaphysical or the world on the inside, for the lack of a better word.

Let me better define the metaphysical. If you have ever meditated to an altered consciousness, had a near death experience, or ever experienced any kinda of altered consciousness. Then this is what I speak of. A feeling of exploring the inside as opposed to exploring space.

We put money into NASA and research for exploring and discovering space. We have previously allowed studies with altered consciousness but we don't nearly pay enough attention to it.

It makes me ponder two possibilities. First is there could be a force suppressing any real discovers in the field or the subject is just so misunderstood that we are either scared of it or don't give it enough credit.

Personally I think it's very important and should be studied and explored as much, if not more than, space. The metaphysical affects us all personally on a very deep level. It is key to understanding our mind, and it's source. Which could possibly help with psychological disorders and other things.

So what gives? Can you really tell me that at the very least you wouldn't like to see more studies to understand the psyche and consciousness? Maybe this could be out on a limb for some but what if it lead to the discovery of perfecting remote viewing, inter dimensional travel, light year distance telepathy?

We need to do more about exposing this subject. Spark the interest and maybe wake all these sleeping sheepies up and possibly expand our possibilities. As opposed to ignoring it, shunning it or pretending it doesn't exist and staying in ignorance.

Anyways the point of this thread. Discuss your opinion on the importance of exploring space versus exploring the metaphysical. Discuss the discovery possibilities of both. Discuss the lack of metaphysical research.

Thank you

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good idea! I love metaphysics, the science of the mind. There is a void in metaphyscial research, but I think its coming, and also a very small step in this field will ahve HUGE implications. The last research that could probably classed 'metaphysical' was Terrence & Dennis McKennas work:

The Invisible Landscape

It was fascinating! Just to finish, you mentioned how much effort we put into exploring the furthest reaches of space, but the space within our minds is infinitely bigger than physical space and requires even deeper exploration.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey, good post! Check out this vid, towards the end they hooked up a guys brain to a machine as he meditated, it's nothing like a peer reviewed study as we want but it is very cool non the less to see how the brain works during meditation.

www.youtube.com...

mmm...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think both are important, only one has been going on for far longer than the other, spirituality has been around far longer than the knowledge of celestial objects, and what they are. Also, one could even help with the other. for example if we unlock the hibernation gene within us which everyone has insed them, We could hibernate on long space missions.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, but I think both inside the mind and space are equally infinite.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think that space is consciousness. I think we should spend time exploring both equally.

Create a physical space, then explore it, look inwards again and recreate a new physical space.

new topics

top topics

join