It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time frame on editing a post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello all, what is the time frame for editing a post? seems like it's not very long. I made a post last night and forgot to put in my source and this morning i could not edit it...so.. i had to reply to my own thread..

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Two hours is the edit window for new posts.

This thread might be of some help to you as well.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
o.k. Thanks sauron, awesome thread there to,

big help..thanks again!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've always heard it was 2 hours but ever since I was new, I've always had 12 hours to edit before the feature expires for a post.

Is this the post you are referring to?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If so, it was posted at 11:40 PM (CST). It is now 12:24 PM (CST). So it would have expired a little over an hour ago.

So I don't know if it's just a lucky glitch for my account or what not but I've always had 12 hours.

Do you need someone to edit in a link for you?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

So I don't know if it's just a lucky glitch for my account or what not but I've always had 12 hours.

That has been my experience as well.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well maybe I missed that memo, I was sure it was 2 hours. If not I apologize.

[edit on 29/5/2010 by Sauron]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

You may very well be right. Perhaps it is like the character limit in posts. Once a new poster reaches a certain threshold, the character limit increases. So I'm wondering if 2 hours is perhaps correct for newer members then it extends up to 12 hours after reaching a post count threshold.

The first I ever noticed, it was 12 hours for me. But I also jumped right in when first joining the site and posted a lot.

So who knows! LOL! Maybe both answers are correct in that it's 2 hours for new members and 12 hours once a certain post count is reached. That would make sense considering both 2 hours and 12 hours have been given as the time limit.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hi AshleyD, yes, that is the post, i just forgot to add the source, if you could put the source in it for me that would be much appreciated..

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sure no problem. I don't have editing powers in that forum so let me get someone to help you with that.

top topics

join