It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in Phoenix ready for immigration law protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Thousands in Phoenix ready for immigration law protest

www.azcentral.com

Thousands of people were gathering in Steele Indian School Park Saturday morning to participate in a march protesting Arizona's new immigration-enforcement legislation.

Another rally - this one in support of the law - is scheduled in the evening in Tempe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.commondreams.org
www.elpasotimes.com
www.cnn.com

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I just saw this on the tv. Looks like pro and anti are going to rally around the same area. I have a feeling this could get pretty bad fast. CNN is estimating 50,000 people are going to show up. Im going to be watching the news to see if they have live coverage of this event later.

Anybody from around the area heard going to be there today? If anyone does go to it, make sure to take some pictures and videos for us.

www.azcentral.com

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

I just saw this on the tv. Looks like pro and anti are going to rally around the same area. I have a feeling this could get pretty bad fast. CNN is estimating 50,000 people are going to show up. Im going to be watching the news to see if they have live coverage of this event later.

Anybody from around the area heard going to be there today? If anyone does go to it, make sure to take some pictures and videos for us.

www.azcentral.com

I don't think it will be bad at all considering Americans never do violent protests. Funny, America overall has a high crime rate but when it comes to protests, people are scared to do anything.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Dang and I'm in So California this week,I live a few miles from Tempe,maybe I'll have kid go by and see if it isn't another Ruse,like the grocery clerk strike,according to media 15k were against,my kid said 12 were at rally,12 people,seems media likes adding zeros

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The downtown rally supporting 1070 was reported to have 1000 or so people. The emphasis was that most were our of state residents. Pointless in my opinion because they do not live here.
As for the one in Tempe supporting 1070, I imagine it will have a decent turnout. The people in the state supporting making it illegal to be in the country illegally(aka sb1070) are a majority. If all goes well I will have some photos to post later on.

new topics

top topics

join