It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 the movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
On a lighter note, I was thinking about the inevitable 9/11 war against terror movies that are bound to turn up sooner or later and I was wondering what people think they might be like.

i.e.

Write a draft of your 9/11 movie. Is is an action thriller like towering inferno or die hard, an accurate political portrayal like Traffic. A satire like the great dictator or Dr strange love or a hilarious comedy like something about Mary but with more plummeting.

Who stars in it as the major players ? who directs ? etc etc etc

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think its gonna be a Political triller in witch the goverment
is 'the hero' and all muslims are evil....

ps. exuse 4 my english

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have enough 9/11 to last me a life time. But a movie? give me a brake who is going to be the main character? Bruce Willis.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Whatever the script or premise of this 'film', it screams out for only one man........

Steven Seagal.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
mine would be an action/drama based around the life of three or four people. it would also be three Parts.

1) the family man(ben affleck)(/woman on flight 93 (sandra bullock)
2)the firefighter in NYC (tommy lee jones)
3) the terrorist targeting the pentagon. (the terrorist dude in the seige who kills himself in the mosque)

the Firefighter in NYC (would begin in the morning as he/she is getting home from work, then sees the attacks on the news and rushes back out to help in the rescue effort)

the Familyman/Women On flight 93 that crashed in Pennsylvania (would start as the plane was leaving then go through the romoured struggle inflight & phone call to loved ones)

the terrorist planing and carrying out the attack on the pentagon (would start with a terrorist who has been planning "something" for a while talking to a leader on the phone then getting the "go signal" and boarding the plane with other terrorists and gaining control ect etc)

they would all somehow intertwine (think similar to the movie GO, but in three parts)

thats about all i can think of ATM.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I love Steven Seagal but he has gotten kind of over weigh, he needs to get in better looking shape.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yeah, Steven is gonna kick some terorist a$$ on the plane and
bruce is on the building kicking goverment a$$....

and will smith is zapping aliens at ground zero...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I like that idea ausconspiracies, with one addition.

The 'family' guy killed on flight 93 would have to have his daughter marry the fire fighters son, and be posthumously honoured with a large photo of him on an easel close to the couple as they are wed.....

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Steven Segal could be working as a chef on Flight 93's galley, then kick some terrorist arse before being overpowered with box-cutters. He would, of course, have time to add his classic phrase.... "I also cook".....

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
These are intriguing.
It also makes me wonder what liberties will be taken with the subject.

I mean, presumably films will eventually cover most genre's, there will be comedys, action thrillers, political dramas and presumably also spoofs in the same vein as Hot shots and airplane.

I wonder if we will see a steven seagal movie where the hijackers are overcome and the planes never crash into the building...

Personally I'd love to see Leslie Neelson playing Bush. ( and maybe Izzard playing Blair )

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The father, a retired fireman, runs a bar on Staten Island. Most of his customers are firemen, too, and the shadow of 9/11 hangs over them.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I dunno, I picture it going one of two ways:
1) a ponderous CBS/NBC/ABC mini-series "event" (perhaps each network has their own airing head-to-head) featuring the usual suspects on these types of movies, every aging once-famous movie star & young actor currently starring on a WB/UPN TV series.
or
2) An even more ponderous TBS/USA/HBO movie "event" featuring a bunch of A-list actors like Robin Williams and Julia Roberts who feel they must participate in the film as a act of patriotism.

In contrast, I would like to see a very well-made independent film on the subject. Perhaps one like "Traffic" where you follow the points-of-view of several different people: a terrorist (just how do they live out the day before they slam an airliner into a skyscraper?), a worker at the WTC, George Bush, a firefighter, a frantic New Yorker with a child attending school near the site, etc. But I think it is more likely that a ponderous movie/mini-series event will be made first.

Does anybody remember this film w/Sigourney Weaver that came out a year or so after 911, where she plays a writer interviewing a firefighter?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It should be a Drama/Thriller Directed by Oliver Stone.

His Movie JFK was what got me interested in conspiracies in the first place.

A movie that exposes the conspiracy surrounding that day. It has Oscar written all over it.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I see it being an interwoven story, involving mostly two elements....the plane altercation (lets roll) and the rescuers into the towers....

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i dont think they should make a movie about it. jerry bruckheimer might get a hold of it and itll be #ty like pearl harbor.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I started writing a screenplay like that a short while ago. It takes place in early 2015, and it has 12 'chapters' chronicalling 12 people's day that this happens. A huge terrorist attack in New York, along with targets in rural midwest(nuclear factory). One of the chapters was the Muslim patsy a domestic terrorist group set up to take the blame for the attacks, one chapter was the president, one was a nuclear engineer, a couple in New York, a foreigner who jsut moved to New York, an actor in LA, etc.

I finished a screenplay with the same concept last year about a school shooting and the impact it had, which is availible for download at my site (scremodropkick.tk... don't let the splash image trick you).

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ive been thinkin about this alot latley tbh whoever writes a good screen play is gonna rake it in, cant wait for some to come out ,forget ya hollywood bollox this could be a class film enemy of the state meets 24 would be the style throw in a few dancing israelis, norad standown and daniel lewin.....woa bring it on

top topics

join