It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli jets attack Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Israeli jets attack Gaza

www.presstv.ir

Israeli warplanes have carried out airstrikes on two sites in the Gaza Strip.

Israeli jets fired five missiles in the early hours of Saturday morning, and local sources say the missiles landed near the tunnel area along the Egyptian border, which is located near the Rafah airport, the Press TV correspondent in Gaza reported.

There are no reports yet on any damage or casualties.

Israeli jets also conducted another airstrike east of Gaza City, the sources added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
More airstrikes in the Gaza Strip to add to the devastation of the people there.

Unfortunate. I hope they had a good reason this time. As far as I know there weren't any rockets fired or any Hamas militant activity.

They use those tunnels to get much needed supplies in and out of Gaza.

With the flotilla being intercepted, this might turn into a very tense situation.

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
the jets hit targets in the tunnel area next to the egyptian border...pretty self explanatory to me...tunnels, weapons carried through these tunnels...2+2=4.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
the jets hit targets in the tunnel area next to the egyptian border...pretty self explanatory to me...tunnels, weapons carried through these tunnels...2+2=4.

Sure, if they were weapons, that's fine, but I doubt it.

Come on, I'm sure that they are far more worried about gettings food and medicine and the sort into the Gaza strip than weapons.

If Israel weren't having a blockade of Gaza, perhaps they would not need to use the tunnel, or they're use would not be such a contested topic.

Israel brings about these problems for themselves. They implement a means to keep supplies from getting in, and then are amazed that Palestinians will try and find a way to get what they desperately need, forced to use the same tunnels HAMAS uses for weapons.

~Keeper

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wonder if the attacks on the tunnels over the last few days has been to provoke Hamas (or those within Gaza) to respond with Rocket fire to make it more difficult for the Flotilla?

How will it be sold in the MSM if Hamas are firing rockets into Israel at the same time as a releif flotilla arrive, would it not justify using any means to prevent this flottila arriving?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Taking out those tunnel routes ... "supply lines" is something you would do before you do something bigger elsewhere.

I do not think Israel is going to Iran tomorrow. But this is one thing you would do to prepare for that, or to give the impression that you were preparing for that.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There is constant "dripping" of rockets from Gaza, it simply does not reach international news. 2 or 3 rockets/mortar shells per week is the norm. There were rockets and attempt to blow IDF patrol near Gaza fence earlier this week, but yesterday and today i did not hear anything.
So it could be connected with Gaza aid fleet, however since it will arrive in less then 12 hours - i really do not see how it will work for Israel since there is no time for real escalation.
And by the way - tunnels were dug first for weapons transfer since they existed even before the blockade. And by the way, vast majority of food/fuel/medicine gets through crossings with Israel, not by tunnels. Tunnels are there primarily for weapons even now, both Hamas operated ones and numerous clan ones.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That's genius, and probably true.

That would make sense in my book, attempt to provoke a situation that would provide a means to use deadly force or something of the like.

I doubt they will use force to stop the flotilla as the people on it are not carrying any sort of weapons.

The worst they could do would be to ram an Israeli vessell.

Although with a Novel Laureate on the scene, I doubt any sort of violent encouter will occur.

At least for Israel, I hope not. The world won't take them hurting Humanitarians trying to help humans who desperatly need it, regardless of the situation.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join