It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

So, you've been a member for nearly 2 years and you still don't know that it's against the rules to plagiarize? Up to and including the apology for the music???

THe Daily Hurricane

I don't know anything about drilling, I'll give you that, but it was my source that talked of an 'acoustic' switch. Your source seems a bit biased to me.

And when every RELIABLE source on the Internet is giving one story - that a critical piece of equipment was missing or problematic - I'm supposed to believe that your YouTube video advertisement by a drilling company means that Bush and Cheney are completely innocent of any wrongdoing?

Sorry, I'm going to believe the more neutral sources that say that SOME piece of equipment (be it an acoustic switch or a BOP) was missing on the rig that blew. Like this one:

Source

Internal documents from BP show that there were serious problems and safety concerns with the Deepwater Horizon rig far earlier than those the company described to Congress last week.

The problems involved the well casing and the blowout preventer, which are considered critical pieces in the chain of events that led to the disaster on the rig.

The documents show that in March, after several weeks of problems on the rig, BP was struggling with a loss of “well control.” And as far back as 11 months ago, it was concerned about the well casing and the blowout preventer.

Thanks, anyway.

[edit on 5/31/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Heretic,
BOP's have never been the cure-all for the problems they are intended to fix. Even those they use on land without the pressure problems of 5000+ BSL!

Dragon is correct and he is actually giving a much better explanation of the mechanics of the system than your MSM and media have. I believe they are going to find out that the actual physical size of the BOP was at fault, as in not a large enough BOP to handle the situation, and also the problem of the serious trouble they had with protocol on the bridge of the Horizon!

From all accounts I have read so far, this situation gave them less than five minutes to react. The protocols were that three supervisors had to agree on an order to shut down and that was impossible to carry out. Regulations and procedures involved were actually put in place long before both Bush and Obama had anything to do with them.

Zindo

[edit on 5/31/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Because he was an incompetent as a president?

Maybe so, but even you will agree that Bush wasn't stupid enough to get himself involved in TWO scandals within a month of each other.

If Bush was so incompetent, why does Obama continue along that very same road of incompetency?

Seriously, "everything" isn't Bush's fault. That's a bit dramatic. As much as I dislike Pelosi, what she said is true. Bush's part in this is his fault. What Pelosi neglects to mention is that the response of the government (or lack thereof) is Obama's fault.

So we can finally agree on one thing, this is indeed Obama's Katrina.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Im going to make this as simple as possible for you. The failure was the blowout preventer did not close. So if it was on an acoustic system or not does not mater since the rams did not close. Since an "acoustic switch" is just another way of activating the actuators. There shear rams were damaged or jammed so it would not have prevented the blowout on the Transocean Horizon.

Ill break it down for you this way You can have a keyless entry for your car and press it to lock your doors it will send the signal. The car will receive the signal but if the door lock is broke i do not care how many times you press it the door isnt going to unlock.

So if you had even a minimal understanding of engineering you have to understand that a mechanical failure cannot be worked around the problem wasnt they didnt get the signal to shut down. They even attempted to manually move the shear rams they are jammed or broke!!!!

The "accoutic switch as people keep saying is nothing more then another way to talk with the bop. The blow out preventer is the fail safe and it failed. Since you seem to know everything you can make millions coming up with an idea for a backup in case the rams wont close because currently there is no such technology.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What a typical response from a democrat to blame Bush. I bet she also started the 'blame bush' for everything fiasco.

This is truly sad.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

... and when it's not a fiasco, rather than giving credit where credit is due, they instead take credit for themselves.

Example, the Iraq War.

Biden Gives Obama Credit For Iraq War - Wow really?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just read a tidbit today, that some right wing radio talking windbag ( Hannity)was talking about a recession Bush inherited 4+ years after Bush took office. Since the right wing radio windbags seem to be the face of the Republican party, though I'd throw that out.

Fact is both parties blame the other parties for everything. How many years did the Bush administration blame Clinton for 9/11? 10 years after Clinton left office, they still do. Obama has taken responsibility for the oil disaster, did Bush ever take responsibility for 9/11?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Wow. I hated Bush, but really?

Really?

Obama has been in office for what will be two years and everything is still Bush's fault?

According to some people, if things keep spiraling out of control and nothing is done to stabilize the economy and so forth, it'll be President Bush's fault next year and 10 years from now.

If things turn around, all praise to Obama and when things go sour again, it'll be President Bush's fault.

Some people are utterly and ridiculously ignorant.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We would be better off if Lady Gaga was Speaker of the House!!! uuuggghhh!
At least then she would have an excuse. How in this day and age is this possible?

Could there be a more inept person for the job? (see opening sentence!)
I have never seen a more Primma Donna want to be! Who on cue blames anyone, but the people responsible.

BP knew at least 6 months in advance that the Deep Water rig needed serious maintenance work and was a disaster waiting to happen. They chose to look the other way and what do you know, it finally happened!!!

In the end we all Lose!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join