It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rages at NPT over Israel decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
As always, we defend Israel from thinks we urge other countries to do.

After the international community agreed to put pressure on Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), the US president reacts by condemning the move.

In a statement issued on Friday, US President Barack Obama said the agreement reached at the 2010 NPT review conference singled out Israel with regard to a nuclear weapons-free Middle East.

"We strongly oppose efforts to single out Israel and will oppose actions that jeopardize Israel's national security," President Obama said.

He made the remarks after all 189 NPT signatories reached a deal for the establishment of a nuclear weapons-free zone in the Middle East following a month-long round of talks at the UN Headquarters in New York.

The 28-page statement by the NPT members called on all Middle Eastern states to attend a conference due to be held in 2012.

It also went on to highlight "the importance of Israel's accession to the treaty and the placement of all its nuclear facilities under comprehensive IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) safeguards."

Despite signing the agreement, Washington has sharply criticized mentioning Tel Aviv in the statement.

The reaction comes as Israel is widely believed to be the sixth-largest nuclear power in the world and the sole possessor of an atomic arsenal in the Middle East.

For 40 years, with the help of Washington, Tel Aviv has successfully prevented its undeclared arsenal of approximately 200 atomic warheads from becoming public.

Source

Any other country would be brought to it's knees with cripping sanctions and the thread of war for not participating, yet Israel can do whatever it wants.

Tell me this is justified? Tell me that Israel's security depends on them lying to the rest of the international community.

~Keeper

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I thought Obama was pushing them to press Israel??... The NPT is in no way singling them out.

Anyways... A middle-east that involves peace is a middle-east with no nukes. No nukes = No Israel, though.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Remmeber Obama is a Zionist puppet so he can't do s^%$ to IsraHELL

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I thought Obama was pushing them to press Israel??... The NPT is in no way singling them out.

Anyways... A middle-east that involves peace is a middle-east with no nukes. No nukes = No Israel, though.

Your right about that.

Israel will NEVER give up it's trump card. They will always want to keep an instant destruction toy around, so they can continue to assert themselves.

This is why they don't want to disclose their Nuclear arsenal, they would be then forced to reduce it.

~Keeper

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thank you Americans. You allowed them to do what they want. You gave them more efficient means to kill more Americans when they don't get what they want. I don't think its enough that they have 500 nuclear weapons, we must give them more. I don't think its enough that our soldiers die for them, every boy and girl in America must be drafted to die as soon as they are born. America, you are not doing enough to aid Israel into killing and committing terrorism. You must step up your efforts. Shame on Obama, he should have just bombed the UN for dare asking Israel to comply to something they want Iran to comply with.

Shame on all of you, you should do more to kill Palestinian children for being born. You are not doing enough damage. We should have just bombed the victims of the USS Liberty for telling the truth about Israel. This isn't enough, Israel hasn't attained complete domination yet. You all have to do more Americans, you are not sucking your economy dry enough in order to give billions of aid to Israel so they can build their Iron Dome. You are not helping them rip enough organs out. You are all Anti-Semitic. Shame on you Americans for only building two skyscrapers that they could have crashed into on 9/11. You should have built more. 3000 dead Americans is not enough. You are not dying quick enough for the State of Israel. You are anti-Semitic.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
my personal opinion on this one issue, is that pushing this one country to abandon what is felt as it's final defence = fullfilling biblical prophecy and playing right into the hands of the hawks.

When some have a book that says these things will happen (i.e the world will gang up on them) we (the world), really start to skate on thin ice, especially if that books says they will win..

IMHO.. these events, the MSM coverage, the way this is being sold, leads me to assume the hawks are winning and that a major conflict is that bit closer.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Israel hijacks US foreign policy again.

Is this even news?

The US government is committing treason against the people, who ARE the nation.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How can anyone logically argue against a peaceful Iranian nuclear program while completely ignoring Israel's nuclear weapons program? While Iran has not been belligerent, aggressive and hostile, Israel has. We should be more frightened of Israel possessing nukes than Iran and the thing about it, Iran has stated it's desire for only a peaceful nuclear program.

Israel has literally been a bully to the entire region. None of Israel's neighbors would hate them so much if they would only stop committing atrocities against the Palestinian people and being so belligerent in the region.

No, Israel needs a nuclear deterrent because they want to continue to commit genocide against the Palestinians. They want to continue to occupy and settle Palestinian lands while evicting, killing and otherwise oppressing the Palestinian people. As long as Israel possesses nukes, the rest of the Middle East is going to need and/or want them too. Many people are afraid that Israel's nuclear deterrent will soon become an offensive weapon in their goal to complete genocide.

--airspoon

--airspoon

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yeah! GO USA!

Lets have a nuclear free middle east,except lets not include the only ME country which we KNOW has rucks of nukes-Israel.

Some cracking logic there!

/sarc.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am so sick of Israel right now.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It could be open speculation on my part, but i suspect that both Israel and their American counterparts are still in some semblance of shock after the ANC government released de-classified documents relating to the previous Apartheid regimes deals with Israel to procure nuclear warhead capable Jericho Missiles. Israel had pressured the ANC to not release the documents, but the ANC has no desire to protect the former regimes partners in misdeeds. There are now two sources confirming the presence of an Israeli Nuclear deterrent, and one of them, via the SA documents , has official Israeli signatures on it.

It will be interesting to see what sort of actions are taken against SA as a subtle form of retaliation, especially w/ the World Cup and the economic rebuilding that the ANC are trying to pursue.

Guardian

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by And Why

I had wondered the same thing about the world cup being false flagged due to those documents being released.
The US have just said they fear a terror attack in SA during the world cup as well.
Bloody hell Israel-of all the people to try to sell nukes to..The evil racist apartheid regime indeed.
Do they not read history?

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We cannot expect the other middle east countries to not want nukes when Israel has them?

new topics

top topics

join