It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Graphics/Code in TV signal??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Weird, did it say Daze?

At first it reminded me of when me and the kids are watching tv and they have their xbox hooked up, nd they have xbox live. Anyway something pops up like in your video that says, player so and so has connected, or something.

Call your cable company, have someone come out and check it out.

I am curious, one of the above posters says she has a bunch of picture of these kind of symbols? I would love to see them.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Embedded code so if the show is distributed on the Internet they can track where it came from?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
thats the password for the wikileaks insurance file!!! no jk prob just some weird glitch from your service... id contact your provider and ask them if this has happened with any other customers.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would say

1) Unplug the cable box and the TV and anything else for a few minutes and plug it back in (The IT support fix for most problems in the universe) and see if it cures the problem.

2) Try plugging the cable into a different TV and see if the fault persists If yes go to 3 if no go to 5

3)Call the cable company and ask them to look at it.

4) If they refuse then get a different cable company

5) Buy a new / used TV

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The exact same thing has been happening to my moms tv as well.
I kept trying to get her to call Directv to fix it , but she doesn't want to mess with it i guess.
I haven't been up there in a few weeks to watch tv, but every time I am up there and the tv is on, a black box with fast changing letters and symbols will pop up and then move around. just like in your video. I am curious if you are still having the problems?
It does seem like it is some secret code trying to get through. I cant imagine what it would be like for someone who was not mentally stable to see that pop up on their tv.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

My moms tv is in her bedroom and she doesnt have a cable box its just regular cable and we have bright house, so let me get this straight comcast, directtv, and bright house users have all experinced this too? My mother has called the cable company and they have come out to check the box and her cable and the guy said everything was fine, so obviously its not the cable and if other people are experincing this through other companies then its not her tv.... STRANGE!! Thanks again guys!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Funny at the end of it, it says ET

I think it's just glitch but I'm going to take another look.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hey All,

I work in the satellite tv industry and a lot of this code is to do with anti piracy measures.

In the UK a lot businesses use domestic satellite subscriptions to view sporting content etc when they should be watching via a business agreement.

A full domestic subscription is in the region of £50 per month, wheres a public house / bar in a sought after area can shell out anything up to £4000 for the same content.

Also internet streaming is causing problems for the big satellite companies who pay huge sums to secure sporting rights.

The code refers to the card number along with information on the box the card is currently being used in. These codes are generally broadcast during peek times at large sporting events. The sat companies then deploy staff to venues that they believe are broadcasting illegally. when the code appears, the staff note it down, call it in and kill the subscription.

Internet streaming sites are monitored and when the code appears, again a kill signal is sent.

Hope the above info helps.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I believe those are the coded evac instructions for the elite..

Someone's head will roll for this security breach I am sure..

Any way without the little orphan annie decoder ring that they hand out when you make your 100 billion doller "Donation", we will never know if they were confirming thier menu choices in the underground bunker for truffle soup or if they were beginning evacuation ....

~meathead

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

I have an ancient (over 30 years old) solar calculator that does goofy stuff. After years of observations... I finally chocked it up to rogue environmental signals. I could tell you freaky stories about coincidences concerning NASA that occurred when specific displays would pop up that were impossible to punch in manually... but they'd show up on my solar calculator on a daily basis 24/7.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't know about the US but in the UK if you want to get your cable fixed or have any kind of problem you have to tell them that you are prepared to move to another company if it isn't resolved.

I've called mine a couple of times once when I thought the bills were getting too high and once when the box needed replacing, both times they tried to run around putting me through to Indian call centres until I said that I wanted to talk to someone about cancelling my service, then straight away I got put through to a different department "retentions" where they are as polite a friendly as can be, speak perfect English, and can actually do something about the problem.

1st time I got my bill cut in half with a 30 minute call second time my box was fixed the next morning.

It helps if you have the prices of the competitors services in front of you when you do it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It is a form of closed captioning. There are several categories:

Text1 or text2 (these are what display text when the TV's are muted, like in a restaurant for instance).
CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, (here is where you get the weird gibberish, these channels are reserved for various uses and will often display code on your screen).

The closed captioning has to be turned off of your TV. . And your set-top satellite or cable box.

I hope this helps.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10/24/2010 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ok this is really creepy I found this site because I was looking to see if this happened to anyone else and I want to say my CC is turned off, I have cable, and this is happening to me. I wonder what it is is kinda creepy. I also looked up other sites and others have said they had strange messages such as I;Got;You. I don't know if these are true but it sure is intriguing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pwrlvlonme

OK calm down. Did you read the post right above yours??

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

i have 0ver 30 pics of the same thing. I talked to a friend who identified the codes as russian or overseas language that we dont have on our english keyboard. weird leters that look like an alien language. it trips you out. i have had time warner cable in charlotte where it started and has followed me into 2 other states with different providers. when you verbally challange it.....it WILL change colors and move around in defiance. it is scary. whoever is watching can also hear. nobody knows..... i am ready to sue for invasion of privacy, and cant find out why i am being targeted or who to prosecute. your mom isnt crazy.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So can I see some evidence then I will analysis this for you.

are these computer generated letters? are these just pixels?

why do you think this is invasion of privacy, are you this special they are spying on you?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I found this just now on Youtube:

weird symbols caught on tv...... it is not caption

Screenshots:

edit on 3/30/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: added screenshots

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join