It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Graphics/Code in TV signal??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,
Sorry mods if this is not in the right place but I have to ask....

Here recently my mother keeps getting these weird graphics that look like some kind of code on her tv. It just pops up. first it will be on the top left corner, and then it will disapear and pop up and the bottom of her screen, then it will go away and pop back up on the top right corner, they are symbols of some kind. Its nothing to do with closed caption I dont believe. But its been going on now for almost 7 months... and when ever these symbols go away and reappear they are different symbols and arranged in a different way, as if its some kind of communication. She said she finally video taped it with her flip and as she was recording it she said "Can we have a little color please?" and the codes started popping up in RED?! When usually they are white... IT freaked her out and then her camera lost battery even though it had been charging most of the day?? Isnt that strange? Does anybody elses tv do this? What is the cause? and its just not one station, it happens randomly on different stations .... she will watch the codes the first few seconds and whenever she calls my stepdad to come look it goes away, one time when I was visiting she told me to look it was happening and when I turned my head I caught a glimps....she says its very strange if its just her in the room it will continue like that for awhile the longest being 10 minutes..but when ever she trys to show someone it dissappears and is making her look like a liar and quite frankly she is starting to feel a little crazy. What is going on? My brother is really good with electronics and said there is nothing wrong with her tv...so what is causing this? When I go over there today to look at the video if its is of any good I will post so you guys can see what Im talking about. THANKS for all of your help

StarrGazer

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

Well, I'm not sure what to think! Sounds interesting though...hopefully your mom got some descent footage. I don't think she is crazy at all. Let us know as soon as you see the footage. Could be a spirit playing pranks?? S&F...I want to see others opinions also.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

She believes it is a spirit... I dont know what to think, I believe in ghost too but there is also a part of me wondering if she is catching a signal from somwhere else. You know how when people see ufos they constantly report how they felt like "they" were watching them. I dunno I do find it odd that it only happens when she is in the room.. and its not just her tv it also has happened in the dinning room tv too! Its like the signal follows her or something... I dunno ... Im stumped!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It could be "digital noise". In going from analog to digital signal, the noise looks different. you no longer see static on weak signals you see blocks of noise.

Take a picture, or take a video and pull a still image from the video & post it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well we have satellite (direct tv). And there are times when a caption box would appear out of nowhere, with symbols and odd looking letters.

Sometimes it'll appear on random places on the screen.

It might be just something technical. But I have no clue.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Oozii]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

OOooo that kind of makes sense....since everything is digital now instead of it being static its showing up as symbols?? Thats weird...kind of makes sense though... I will let her know of that idea to calm her.. thanks

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If asking for color worked that would mean it responds to her. Why doesn't she ask for English. Maybe then it'll change from symbols to the English language.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
In the uk 2 mins before an advert we get a small flashing black and white striped box appear in the top right of the screen its normal just a cue for the adds. Maybe this is similar thing your mum is seeing.

link   

Yes, that does make sense. I don't have satellite, I have cable, so I'm not sure how it works, but it does make sense. Still, tell your mom to keep trying to record it and keep an eye on it.

link   

Hi, please dont take this as any kind of insult as i am just giving my opinion because i feel i should.

A member of my family was diagnosed with severe chronic paranoid schizophrenia many years ago and what your mother describes with the television sounds exactly like what he used to say ( among other things) he used to dismantle televisions trying to figure out what was happening. He believed he was being sent strange codes and messages through the tv, then it progressed to hearing messages via radios, at his worst he would see and hear people and things that noone else could, even smell scents that were not there.

But there was no strange signals, he is a chronic paranoid schizophrenic.

So hopefully your mother has caught this on a recording for everyone else to see and is not going crazy.

link   
it happened to me the other day at my mothers house. she has a JVC TV. I thought it was strange so I turned off the tv and turned it back on and it has not happened since

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
okay....reality check.

Does she have comcast? I ask, becuase I do too and this has been happening on and off for a few months with us too.

At first I thought i was wierd symbols also but quickly figured out it was something funky with the closed caption. It is usually black or brown, is sometimes jumbled (looking like symbols) and pops up on either the top or bottom of the screen.

It is not spirits, it is not a mental disorder it is simply technology not working right. I have wondered if there is a connection to either the runaway satelite, sunflares, or.....they just need to update some cables.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

A little more explanation might help.

Weak digital signals show up as different color blocks on your screen. This can happen on both cable & satellite systems. Cable companies get most of their signals from satellite dishes & distribute that signal through wires to your home.

Ive seen this digital noise on both types of systems.

Most aerial antennas have gone to HDTV (digital in 2009) it could show up that way too.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
As someone who has watched television with closed captioning for over a decade I can say that if you have that on, then this is most likely what you are experiencing. I've seen it glitch out in some wild ways and seen loads of characters on the screen that I'm not familiar with. Used to happen more frequently back in the nineties but it's gotten better, somewhat, since then.

If the CC isn't on, then I don't know.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I have a whole folder of these encryptons in photos. I have them in red, green and regular white type. Just today for the first time I have seen english... it says in the middle of the weird encrypton.. I have to... I have a photo of this too. I have had my camera by the TV and have seen these and captured these on many channels.... It is real and I even called comcast and have shown these photos to many people...noone has a clue... I find it very interesting...not a conspiracy...just something that has not been explained.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sounds like They Live
Please look for a box full of special sunglasses outside of your house.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Her name is SARA.
scientific atlanta resident application software

www.sciatl.com...

edit on 21-9-2010 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ok sorry guys it has taken so long to get any vid of this but I finally have some!! It happened at the end of August begining of Sept so here it is! Have any of you guys seen this before on your tv's??

Again, its not just nickelodeon, its random channels at random times, my apologies for taking so long but between work, moving, raising a 2 year old, I've finally found some time to upload it .... From my OP my brother who is in his 30's is really good with electronics and technology in general and he says it is NOT her caption and he has no clue what it is.... so Im open to any suggestions, and if anyone else has seen this kind of activity Im sure it would ease my mothers mind as I have stated...she feels like she is going crazy but now she has some proof to show LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
any thoughts??

Any at all?? LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'd say it's a programming glitch from the cable company.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join