It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World Order and The Atheist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

I'm not even going to include [...] and Cuba.

You do realize that Cuba's mainly Catholic, right? I know you've been indoctrinated that Cuba's an evil nation where they eat babies, but saying it's an atheist nation just shows how uninformed you are.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What do you think? I'm accusing the civilian population?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I believe what you're doing is wrongly attributing totalitarian regimes to atheism. The real problem with those regimes is statism, not atheism.

If you want to see where religion takes front seat in nations be sure to check out theocracies such as Saudi Arabia and Iran where women are subjugated, religious police run rampant, adulterers will be stoned to death, homosexuals are petty criminals are executed in public, etc. Other places where superstitions run rampant include Kenya, where accused witches are still burned at the stake. These are modern day, present time practices.

So you see, when religion enjoys any degree of political power we see absolutely the worst atrocities committed on human beings. Perhaps you should rethink your hilarious claim that atheism is ushering in the NWO, because if you truly cared about the others in your species you'd be doing anything necessary to dismantle the murderous grip that religion places on cultures.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm saying the whole argument is stupid. You are mixing politics with religion. There's plenty of horrible regimes where the majority of the population is Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. They are horrible because they're dictatorships, because their leaders are greedy, and/or because they're power hungry.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The previous poster pointed out a very important word.

Dictatorship.

Often religions dont mind dictatorship as long as they think its God being the dictator. But what I see is that we are given a experience, a existence...that teaches us as we go...through trial and errors, through making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. This allows me to see 'God' more as merciful through our learning experiences...instead of waiting to punish us for them.

So I dont see 'God' as a dictator. Which is why, even with 'God' I dont agree that a forced world order would work. We must learn WHY a world order is good...we must learn WHY unity is best...we must learn WHY our own will bringing a world order is the way. How do we have any understanding if we dont learn all of the 'why's'. If there is no true understanding, through our own will...what good would it do for 'God' to come with force?

I think its not so much we are to wait on God....for the world to unite...but God is waiting on us...to bring our Divine purpose to this sphere we live upon.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

So I dont see 'God' as a dictator.

Good for you, but plenty of people do, and the most dangerous of those people are ones who are in control or have some degree of power.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

-Blaise Pascal

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Yeah and they don't have law suits everytime they offend someone.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join