It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World Order and The Atheist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To the OP...

Seems as if you worry about a NWO.

Have you not read the Bible lately...that is what its trying to accomplish.

NWO is a good thing if it is done in unison, as a choice of the people.

NWO by force, even if it was by Jesus himself...is not a good thing.

And God...you can find Thee all around us, within us...if its the books you are seeking for Thee...I worry you might not truly find what you are looking for.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
No one can take your beliefs or ideas or thoughts away from you.

Im not an atheist...and the highest vision I see for our globe, planet, and species...is for us to find a way to unite. This would take order...but with agreements on the order. This would be new...and it would involve the whole world.

So...Im a believer in the Holy Spirit of Life and I believe our purpose is to bring our world to unity, through will of our own.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Informing people about science and how things really work (instead of the "guess work" provided by religion) is like setting them free. So in essence, we're hoping to set people free, allow them to THINK for themselves instead of letting them be steered like sheep by the church or some book written over 2000 years ago without any scientific proof.

Bill Maher put it nicely in his movie:

The irony of religion is that because of its power to divert man to destructive courses, the world could actually come to an end. The plain fact is, religion must die for mankind to live. The hour is getting very late to be able to indulge in having in key decisions made by religious people. By irrationalists, by those who would steer the ship of state not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken.

George Bush prayed a lot about Iraq, but he didn't learn a lot about it. Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. And those who preach faith, and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders, keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do. Most people would think it's wonderful when someone says, "I'm willing, Lord! I'll do whatever you want me to do!" Except that since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled in by people with their own corruptions and limitations and agendas. And anyone who tells you they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know, and you do not possess mental powers that I do not.

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble, and that's what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting # dead wrong. This is why rational people, anti-religionists, must end their timidity and come out of the closet and assert themselves. And those who consider themselves only moderately religious really need to look in the mirror and realize that the solace and comfort that religion brings you actually comes at a horrible price. If you belonged to a political party or a social club that was tied to as much bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, violence, and sheer ignorance as religion is, you'd resign in protest. To do otherwise is to be an enabler, a mafia wife, for the true devils of extremism that draw their legitimacy from the billions of their fellow travelers. If the world does come to an end here, or wherever, or if it limps into the future, decimated by the effects of religion-inspired nuclear terrorism, let's remember what the real problem was. We learned how to precipitate mass death before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it. That's it. Grow up or die.

Having said that, I believe 100% that everyone has the right to believe whatever they want, as long as it doesn't infringe on my freedom. But if they want to make those believes policy, and create laws based on them, they should be willing to provide PROOF (real proof, not bible verses) before even thinking about it. Outlawing microchips because some religious nutcase calls them "the mark of the devil" is a good example why us atheists (I'm agnostic btw) HATE seeing those religious nutcases in politics...they aren't LOGICAL, and they aren't RATIONAL...both things I'd expect from a leader or policy maker.

Another example: If my daughter got raped, and got pregnant in the process...I fully believe she has the right to abort if she wants that. It's her PERSONAL choice, and no religious "stigma" should hold her back.

Also, LOL for misinterpreting Obama's speech as a call for a NWO! He wants to create a way for countries to align their goals. This is 100% necessary. Everything is global now, and everything's connected. If the economy in the US crashes, it drags down most other countries...and vice versa. An environmental catastrophe or just general pollution affects all of us, not just single countries, so it's necessary to develop an international way to deal with the issue. We already live in a globalized world, it's nothing new, and if we wanna cope with those GLOBAL challenges, we have to deal with them in a GLOBAL way. Call it NWO if you want, as ridiculous as I think the name is, but it is NECESSARY to cope with the rapid changes in technology and how we do business over the past 50-100 years.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

[edit on 29-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Brainwashing children is part of the main agenda.

You mean brainwashing like this?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by Zelun

Good post but in doing so you ushered in the NWO. Again as was brought up earlier in this thread. A world without God becomes a world without diversity. When one Idea rules over all others you start getting serious problems such as other countries have already experienced, Former USSR, Communist China, Nazi Germany, Cuba, North Korea.

Ok, so your argument is:

IF

Dawkins is an 'evangelical' atheist

AND

the NWO and God are mutually exclusive

THEN

Dawkins is on the NWO payroll

I think we need to examine the second assertion. What leads you to believe that in the New World Order there will be no religion?

Also, you didn't answer my question, so I'll ask it again. Name some good things, really good things like the ones I listed, that result from religion.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I do not believe in the God of Christian/Jewish/Muslim faiths so it is easy for me to believe in what I view as a simple biological precept: All life evolves to more complex systems. Whether we are looking at a bee hive or an algal bloom or a civilization.

Humanity has its beginnings in small, familiar hunter-gather units. Today, we have mega-cities. Today, there are any number of supra-national organizations. It is easy to envision that *some day* we will have a unified world, void of nationality. The very definition of the NWO.

Yesterday I happened to stumble upon Walter Mosely's The only true race is the human race

Excerpted via cnn.com:

[Through] my veins run 10,000 years of history that touches every continent, deity, and crime known to humanity. This history is not composed of the false accounts of the past; it is the blood and the beat and the light that passes through my mind, and yours. I am your sibling whether you know it or not, whether you accept me or not.

We, known and unknown to each other, form an identity that I can express but still not know, not completely. And for this state of being I am infinitely grateful because it means that I can be part of something greater than the individual, while still I am at home in my heart.

I would recommend reading it in its entirety; I found it profoundly beautiful and just plain... profound.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have presented a question here multiple times only to see that it remains unanswered. With all the folks here on these boards all discussing this World-wide New Order stuff all the time and claiming its a VERY VERY bad thing, YET NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION OF WHAT ASPECTS THEY CONSIDER NEGATIVE ABOUT IT??

I am beginning to think folks honestly have no idea what they are even talking about here sometimes! I cannot help but think folks must be making this stuff up.

What are the negative aspects of this new Order that everyone seems to be disturbed by? I am trying to understand if its a negative plan or not.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

The reason is misguided patriotism and fear of the unknown. I completely agree with you, I don't see why a NWO would necessarily be a bad thing...especially considering that a lot of the problems we're facing are GLOBAL problems that HAVE to be solved GLOBALLY.

The problem is, a lot of people don't think globally yet...instead, they chose to wrap themselves in a flag, hide in their makeshift bunker with the anti-communist fear mongering slogans, and grip their rifles tightly. There's a difference between national pride and blind patriotism, those people don't know the difference and continue to walk through today's world blind.

The current economic crisis showed us just how connected everything is...and people who don't accept that those global problems have to be solved globally (call it NWO or whatever, the name isn't important) are a dieing race that sooner or later will have to give in if they want their country to prosper.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I also understand that in a New World Order there will be no place for God.

Clearly you don't know how those in power operate. Religion is one of the most powerful tools in controlling the mind of the masses if not THE single most powerful tool.

Also, the quickest way to start a revolt would be for the powers that be to destroy religion because they would instantly make themselves enemies of believers of almost every faith in the world.

For centuries religion has played a part in politics and power - that's one of the primary reasons Church and State are meant to be separate here.

Global atheism wouldn't be a bad thing (though I admit it might be kind of boring if none of us believed in silly things) but such an idea would be counter-intuitive to the way the Elites work.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

He's talking about Richard Dawkins. Thanks for the backup on the glaring logic error

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Oh, good, another retarded thread. Listen OP if you've ever played assasins creed and looked at history you would know the nwo is a religious endeavor.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelun

Oh is that who he was referring to? I must have misread, my apologies. Might as well be attacking Darwin since Dawkins is in the same line (ie hard science in favor of blind faith).

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
People who come to above top secret and will not admit that religious institutions are meant to control people are just...just...weird. It's one of the points in the triangle of power. You have the economic centers, the military industrial complexes, and the religious institutions. If you are willfully ignorant of that fact then...all I have to say is troll. I also like your avatar, Warhammer "cleansing" the unpure heretics who do not agree with you...you say a lot about yourself before you even start typing.

Ignorance...ATS is full of it.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Study Stalin and Mao for your answers. History is our best teacher. Ignore Stalin and Mao at your own peril.

Once you remove individual rights you loose it all. It does not matter if you are Christian, Atheist or worship Frogs; when you forget that individual rights are something you are born with and not given by government, the individual becomes a slave of the State.

Only when you realize that "God" is within you, will you have full understanding.

We only need one law. Anything that interferes with individual rights is a crime against humanity.

If you want to force Christianity on the World, you are removing individual rights.

If you want to force Islam on the World, you are removing individual rights.

If you want to force a disbelief in God on others, you are removing individual rights.

If you manipulate an individual to believe or disbelieve, you are removing individual rights.

The argument between the secular and people of faith is a ruse. It is not the faith or lack of it that brings us harm; its one side forcing itself on the other that causes our problems.

Live and let live? If only we could.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
A world without God becomes a world without diversity.

A world attached to the Belief in God allows no diversity, history is all the proof needed.

Free thinking does allow diversity and is based in acceptance of different Beliefs, Faiths and Ideology.

When one Idea rules over all others you start getting serious problems such as other countries have already experienced, Former USSR, Communist China, Nazi Germany, Cuba, North Korea.

Now we're confusing simple Faith/Belief-Systems with Political Theory and how poorly some have performed in the world to date.

I don't see any Athiests trying to Indoctrinate believers of Religion.

I have always seen religion Indoctrinating the masses to bring about a homogenised society based in one belief, as has been the case with Christianity since its inception.

I think our definition of Agnostic is flawed. From my understanding, which is different to the modern dictionary's concept, an Agnostic is one who seeks for or has Self-Knowledge of their part of Divinity.

You know I've wondered why so many Believers I've met have been so gung-ho about spreading their religion and attempting at every turn to besmirch all who do not Believe. It just seems to against the tennets (sp?) of "Christ" based Love.

Can they not simply Love another person despite their differing Beliefs? Or have they chosen on their own to force/enforce their Doctrine on others by Argument and Indoctrination?

So forceful, so rude in many cases. It makes me wonder for their concept or experience of Unconditional Love.

(Edited due to fingers not knowing how to spell properly anymore)

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
I have presented a question here multiple times only to see that it remains unanswered. With all the folks here on these boards all discussing this World-wide New Order stuff all the time and claiming its a VERY VERY bad thing, YET NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION OF WHAT ASPECTS THEY CONSIDER NEGATIVE ABOUT IT??

I am beginning to think folks honestly have no idea what they are even talking about here sometimes! I cannot help but think folks must be making this stuff up.

What are the negative aspects of this new Order that everyone seems to be disturbed by? I am trying to understand if its a negative plan or not.

I see that the danger lay with the motivating force behind a NWO scenario.

I see that our current push for Globalism is based purely on control of the masses, control of food production, control of every aspect of the media.. as it is now, and the main outcome is more wealth for the top 2% with the remaining 98% living in poverty like any 3rd world nation.

This Globalisation is not a Humanitarian one, despite some aspects that might at a stretch be deemed good for us.

Sorry, I'm needed elsewhere so will finish here.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
All you atheists are going to hell!!

Sorry, could'nt help myself.

The fact of the matter is, both fundies and atheists are wrong, and are going along with the program of the NWO. Whether you believe in God or not is not important to me, I could care less. Atheists can't be absolutely sure there is no God, they can't prove it either, so this argument is useless. Reverend John Q Public can't prove God(duh:@@
so again, arguing is a waste of time. I will admit, I have a general dislike for atheists, and hardcore religious clowns as well. Two gangs of monkeys throwing poop at one another, YOU'RE BOTH WRONG! STFU!!

Atheists; you are not smarter than everyone else, you are a minority for a reason, and you do believe in something, otherwise what is the difference between you and a nihilist. You use words like: Critical thinking, logic, reason. Yeah, ok, we get it, your a #ing Einstein. Get over yourselves, seriously.

Religious fanatics; Screaming bible scripture in someones face will not sway them to believe as you do. Just let them be, the bible commands this anyway. Nowhere does it say that your good works get you in heaven, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD BY DEFAULT! Forgiving, compassionate, caring, empathetic, understanding, wise, virtuous. All of these things you are supposed to be, not to get in heaven or any other reward, but because you love God's law, and walk in his ways. God's law is simple, bear good fruit, period.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Those desperately trying to bring about the NWO are not "atheists", they are Luciferians.

Oranges to apples man.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 212019156

This reply is exactly how I feel these days. I use to be what you would call a fundamentalist christian, and a youth pastor. Anyways, your post speaks 100% how I feel on this topic. To be completely sure of anything is absolute arrogance. None of us no whether there is a God or not...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

Moderates are basically atheists who haven't yet committed. They've already thrown off the yoke of believing in the literal truth of their respective scripture in its entirety. They've rejected the bits that instruct one to commit terrible, violent acts in response to transgressions against the deity or prophet in question. They're simply trying to find a way to rectify their beliefs with the reality that surrounds them. This is the same thing atheists are doing, with the exception of that one thing...

There is nothing wrong with people trying to do right by themselves and theirs. There is, however, a problem with people not letting go of that one thing. It serves to legitimize the extremist element. It makes one an enabler. It is the reason that more people do not distinguish between fact and truth. Moderates are doing all the right things except that one thing that could make all the difference.

As human understanding of the natural world increases there is less and less need for deities. We no longer need Zeus to hurl thunderbolts from atop Mount Olympus. We have electrostatic charge to take care of that for us. No longer do we need to sacrifice virgins upon the winter solstice in order for the days to lengthen once again and the crops to grow. The axial tilt of the planet will take care of that for us. What we do need is more people to use the critical thinking, logic, and reason that we expletive Einsteins were born with in order to solve the problems we have on this planet.

I hate to say it, but it is time to stop gambling your eternal soul on Pascal's Wager. Whether you like it or not you embolden the extremists by taking the middle ground, and it is the extremists that lay plans for a New World Order as you understand it, a one that is "a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all the kingdoms, and it shall devour the whole earth, and trample it down, and break it to pieces." Daniel 7:23

z

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join