It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Volcanoes Erupt in the Americas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

2 Volcanoes Erupt in the Americas

nytimes

GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — Explosive eruptions shook two huge volcanoes in Central and South America on Friday, forcing thousands of people to flee their homes and disrupting air traffic as ash drifted over wide regions.

Meanwhile, strong explosions rocked the Tungurahua volcano in Ecuador, prompting the evacuations of hundreds of people from nearby villages.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links
eluniverso
prensalibre

[edit on 5/29/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I just read it and I think nobody reported here yet. It seems to be fresh since I couldn't find aditional links in english.

Anyway, I included 2 links to local journals (in spanish), but they have pictures.

Is out of discussion that Mother Earth is making huge changes and we are in a path to some apocaliptic events, denied it won't stop it.

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/29/world/americas/29volcano.html?adxnnl=1&ref=world&adxnnlx=1275134593-Um0oCEyRoHcuueSlOuWrjQ]www.nytimes.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I was watching this unfold in another forum. The poster was from Guatemala and was posting pics of ash everywhere. Since then no one has heard from anyone down there. And now Katla is heating up. I also saw some pics the other day of Mt. Etna blowing smoke. Volcanoes, methane bubbles not only in the oil industry (now one in the North Sea is ready to blow) but in the coal mines as well. I have always wondered if something like this happened in the past (on a larger scale than what we're seeing) wouldn't lava erase just about all traces of an ancient civilization?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hero Protagonist

I believe we are intelligent enough to avoid extintion, but we'll pay a very high price in order to survive due our arrogance.

One way or the other, we will cross the bridge and complete this natural selection process, hopely becoming better when this is over.

NOTE: A Lot of volcanos in the world, have cities or towns attached to them. The biggest cities are in the coast, just few feet higer than sea level.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
here is some great Video of Guatemala Pacaya volcano eruption

In Guatemala, the Pacaya volcano began spewing lava, rocks and debris on Thursday, killing at least two people and injuring more than 50 others.
source

[edit on 29-5-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
cnn picked it up, odd the stories were way down in their list on the World Page. Here are the links

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

It is getting harder and harder to ignore what is said in Scripture about these times. Earth Quakes, Volcanic activity, the sea bleeding, the seas coming out of their borders.

We need to wake up and treat this earth like the precious gift it is!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There are pictures of the volcano on yahoo. Quite beautiful I may add.

Why do you find it surprising and apocalyptic that an active volcano has erupted? That is precisely the reason it is classified as active. If it were a dormant volcano, then you could play up the doom aspect with more credibility.

Did you know Hawaii has volcanoes that spew forth lava almost every year for a long time now? They aren't concerned with doom, only the hula!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
www2.nict.go.jp...
www2.nict.go.jp...

Magnetosphere is fired up.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
cnn picked it up, odd the stories were way down in their list on the World

It is getting harder and harder to ignore what is said in Scripture about these times. Earth Quakes, Volcanic activity, the sea bleeding, the seas coming out of their borders.

No kidding. Still some here will say, 'these are normal occurences!'

Unfortunately, they are deathly wrong.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

I heard someone mention methane bubbles. I remember a few years back there was a scare about how some geologists and other assorted boffins, belived that there was a jolly good chance we were due a Methane Burp on a planetary scale. Basicaly the principle went something along the lines of this. Methane is produced by preasure and in very exacting geological circumstances, but there is evidence that every now and again it reaches a saturation point where there can be no more methane in the ground and under ice caps and so forth, and so it just bubbles up and releases. The preasure changes are supposed to be really powerful, so quaking and volcanos are a bigger risk during this time, as of course a massive planet wide methane dump would be.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Global cooling is on the way then.

as i mentioned in another volcano thread, the materials spewed into the upper atmosphere by volcanoes acts like a natural chemtrail. it helps to block the heat from the sun.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The Pacaya volcano is in constant eruption all year long in Guatemala. In the late 90's I remember that It also had a massive eruption. I no longer live there, but I was sent some pictures of how things look. The house is located in lake Amatitlan. I was also reported that big pieces of volcanic rock caused some damage too. From the look of it, and from what I've been told this is on of the most damaging eruptions Guatemala has seen. The whole city streets are filled with a couple centimeters of ash, and there are problems with the drainage systems being blocked because of the rain.

Pictures:

img266.imageshack.us...
img580.imageshack.us...
img243.imageshack.us...
yfrog.com...

You can see the size of the rocks on the first picture.

I'll call in again today and see how is the situation and report back.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by republicadelbanano]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This thread needs more attention,

Bump!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here are some more quality pictures, including one of the eruption in Ecuador:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Plus an article to add to the mix:

Thousands flee volcanos

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

How are they deathly wrong when these volcanos were active and not dormant? Please show some statistical information that more dormant volcanos are going off than normal.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by blujay

How are they deathly wrong when these volcanos were active and not dormant? Please show some statistical information that more dormant volcanos are going off than normal.

And how many volcanos, tsunamis and earthquakes will be "Not normal" for you?

These ones were reported yesterday because thier activity increased to a very serious level. THATS WHY people had been evacuated NOW, for that reason.....capici paesano?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

What makes you think you know the Earth well enough to know what is considered normal or not? Even if you lived for the entire length that humans have been on this planet it would be a ridiculously low fraction of the existence of life on earth. To assume you can distinguish what is normal or not in the period of a week, day, year, or millennium is ridiculously presumptuous.

Have you done research documenting earthquakes and volcanic activity for the last 5,000 years. No, because it doesn't exist. The Earth will be here long after you're gone. Sorry, it is hard to face the fact that your lifetime is inconsequential --- that is a common reason why so many people are afraid of death. It is a theme of existentialism.

Perhaps you could find some peace in their philosophies.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepesilvia
reply to post by Trueman

What makes you think you know the Earth well enough to know what is considered normal or not? Even if you lived for the entire length that humans have been on this planet it would be a ridiculously low fraction of the existence of life on earth. To assume you can distinguish what is normal or not in the period of a week, day, year, or millennium is ridiculously presumptuous.

Have you done research documenting earthquakes and volcanic activity for the last 5,000 years. No, because it doesn't exist. The Earth will be here long after you're gone. Sorry, it is hard to face the fact that your lifetime is inconsequential --- that is a common reason why so many people are afraid of death. It is a theme of existentialism.

Try to understand, our planet is at the end of a cycle and for that reason now we experience this kind of circunstances. Then we'll start a new cycle.

Face your fate as a blind man if you want. How many persons talked to Noah in the same way you do? I'm not like him but I believe in The Bible. You believe in CNN and 401k.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Trueman]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

reply to post by Trueman

Try to understand, our planet is at the end of a cycle and for that reason now we experience this kind of circunstances. Then we'll start a new cycle.

Face your fate as a blind man if you want. How many persons talked to Noah in the same way you do? I'm not like him but I believe in The Bible. You believe in CNN and 401k.

Good luck to you, try not to develop ulcers when nothing happens in 2012.

When the Earth continues to spin, remember it doesn't mean your life is worthless, only that you believed in a worthless concept for a few years. You still have time and will have time to do something good for the future and stop wasting your energies planning for something that will never manifest itself past your own brain.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

reply to post by Trueman

Good luck to you, try not to develop ulcers when nothing happens in 2012.

When the Earth continues to spin, remember it doesn't mean your life is worthless, only that you believed in a worthless concept for a few years. You still have time and will have time to do something good for the future and stop wasting your energies planning for something that will never manifest itself past your own brain.

I never said anything about 2012. You are very very very ignorant about the Bible, as I told you, i believe in the Bible and according to that not even the angels know the day Jesus will come back, but He will come back for sure.

I can tell you this too, I had experiences of 1st to 4th kind, and I spoke in public face to face about these experiences many times. I've been in front of people like you many times so it is not new for me the type of comments you do. I 've been prevented that evil uses inocent persons that way.

Anyway, thats another story....the thing is, planet Earth is changing, accept it, without fear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join