It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spartacus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The latest episode was an interesting one. It really showed the level of deception the characters are willing to go to. It really cheesed me off when Arimas lost his eye, and he might die from the wounds. I like his character a lot. They have also been driven from there hiding hole in the temple. So now I wonder what will come next.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Oenomaus, Ashur, Mira, Gaius, Ilithiya(?), and Lucretia all killed in one episode. So tragic was this ending yet also so fantastic. I was absolutely amazed at how the season ended. While those characters, good and bad, will be missed for their crucial role in the show, it had to be done. Spartacus now will enlarge his band of rebel slaves into an army. Next season they will even introduce the legendary Julius Caesar into the show - which should be epic!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Was a fantastic, properly epic end to the season!
loved it! I hope the next season pushes it to even greater heights!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Next season they will even introduce the legendary Julius Caesar into the show - which should be epic!

From what I have read Julius Caesar did not have a command role in the fight against Spartacus.

In the spring of 72 BCE, the slaves left their winter encampments and began to move northward. At the same time, the Roman Senate, alarmed by the defeat of the praetorian forces, dispatched a pair of consular legions under the command of Lucius Gellius Publicola and Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus Clodianus.[25] The two legions were initially successful—defeating a group of 30,000 slaves commanded by Crixus near Mount Garganus[26]—but then were defeated by Spartacus. These defeats are depicted in divergent ways by the two most comprehensive (extant) histories of the war by Appian and Plutarch.[27][28][29][30] Alarmed by the apparently unstoppable rebellion, the Senate charged Marcus Licinius Crassus, the wealthiest man in Rome and the only volunteer for the position, with ending the rebellion. Crassus was put in charge of eight legions, approximately 40,000–50,000 trained Roman soldiers,[31][32] which he treated with harsh, even brutal, discipline, reviving the punishment of unit decimation.[

It should be epic. I just hope they will be as true as possible to Spartacus also. After the defeat is the last episode and one more of the Romans, from what I have read, his ranks should swell to about 70000. It will be interesting to see how that is played out. They do dig in for winter training. I have a feeling that will take up most of the time in the series because that is what gives the Romans time to bring back the legions of Pompey who were in Spain.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by Misoir
From what I have read Julius Caesar did not have a command role in the fight against Spartacus.

I thought I remembered reading years ago that Caesar and Crassus were good friends and that Crassus helped fund Caesars campaign for the senate and in turn, Caesar accompanied Crassus in his campaign to end the rebellion.

Well, this series is somewhat loose history but I thought it would have been cool to introduce Caesar at the end of episode 10 just to give us all something to look forward to going into next season.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Well that would make some sense. Caesar being a military leader, politician he would want to be friends with the richest person in Roam. And the richest person in Roam would want to be friends with the dictator of Roam. Although Caesar was not the dictator until after the death of Crassus.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join