It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spartacus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

That was a smashing first episode, wasn't it? I watched it again last night to pick up on anything I missed the first time.

The cast are so well into their roles. The facial expressions, gestures and demeanour make them so believable.

And don't they all look so much younger? Very clever make-up and lighting.

Cor, if anyone had set out to write a series just for me they couldn't have done any better

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

The thing I really enjoyed about the prequel series is that even though you already know where some of the characters end up (from the original season) it's still great to watch how it all unfolds.
I really want to express my opinions on some of the things that happened but will not be a spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

I have to say that I enjoyed every single episode and just wished it had lasted longer.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
For anyone interested in action figures - have a look at these custom made figures of Spartacus. Absolutely brilliant:

www.onesixthwarriors.com...

www.onesixthwarriors.com...

edit on 16-4-2011 by berenike because: edited to add second link

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The second season is brilliant, great CGI and story!!

They are awesome!! I would love to have a go at making something like that. I have a 12" Hellraiser "Pin-head" figure that I painted years ago, but the detail on those are fantastic.
Only slightly of topic.. My Brother dresses as a Spartan for his entrance in his professional Muay Thai fights, Helmet with red plume, red cloak and two swords!!
edit on 17-4-2011 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yay action figures, I've got quite a collection. My favourite is a 12 inch figure of Lucidique from Tortured Souls:

www.cenobite.com...

So your brother dresses up as a Spartan?? Phhwoaa............Hey, wait a minute: Pictures or it didn't happen

(j/k)

Anjin - are you still with us? I think it was episode 4 that was aired last week (I hope so anyway, or it's going to be ending too quickly) and we've got the next episode tomorrow. Perhaps I should put up a big spoiler alert in a week or two and we can all discuss the finer details. In the meantime - Gaia

I wonder if the writers are regretting killing off Batiatus at the end of Blood and Sand? The 'marriage' of the part and the actor is sheer genius and I'd love to see more, but I suppose there is a limit to the number of prequels they can make

edit on 17-4-2011 by berenike because: to add link

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I think I might have a crush!!
I love those cenobites, I like them unpainted so I can at least try and have a go myself.

So the last episode is coming up here in the UK, should be great, except we then have to wait for a year till the next season!!!
edit on 24-4-2011 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I've got great taste in action figures, haven't I ?

Anyways - Spartacus. I've been really anticipating the last episode but dreading it at the same time. Is it really going to be a year until the next series?

Not too easy to find anything to watch these days is it? I give The Vampire Diaries and Bones a go, but I don't love them. I'm not going to admit to watching Glee

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Well heres pictures to prove it happened :p lol (I'm KuroKage's Bro by the way lol).
And a youtube link to one of my older fights before i got the swords lol:
www.youtube.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9acf24206a7f.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24/4/11 by Oni-Kage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni-Kage

Yikes - and Thank You.

I didn't really expect pictures, certainly not a youtube thingy, and I'm just so delighted. The swords look really impressive. I thought of doing a thread on here about the history of swords but bottled out when I realised how much research I'd have to do
They're wonderful things and very fascinating.

Cor - you know how to make an entrance, don't you ?? That picture is amazing

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Ha ha it's all about the entrance
always gets the crowd roaring which is such an amazing feeling!
A thread on the evolution of the sword would be good fun! My Bro taught me to hold a Katana when I was about 4, and i've always been fascinated since. First Martial Art I jumped head long into was Kendo

To get slightly on topic, I'm loving Spartacus! New episode on tonight over here
I was unsure when I heard the second season was going to be a prequal, but it works really well. Even though u know where the characters will end up, it's great witnessing the journey for yourself.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yep thats my Brother!! Another massive Spartacus fan.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
So what did everybody think of the season finale? Gotta love the ring of fire battle
epic! Although wish the camera shots weren't so all over the place... Only issue I had with it really. Anybody have any issues with the way they did things? Think spoilers aren't as much a problem now it's been aired over here aswel, but maybe a spoiler warning at the beginning of a post.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni-Kage
So what did everybody think of the season finale? Gotta love the ring of fire battle
epic!

Don't go getting any ideas

SPOILER ALERT

I was worried that the last episode would be disappointing, as these things sometimes are, but I think the story was handled very well. I haven't watched the repeat yet, which usually helps me to catch up on litttle nuances and plot information that I miss the first time, but I think they covered everything.

I suppose I might have thought that Gannicus had a bit of a fairy-tale ending, but I'm hoping that's because they want him in the next series. I did get the feeling that he was one of the few (unknown from previous series) characters who wasn't seen as expendable. Not complaining though, I always thought that he had a lot more to give.

And Vettius - I'm going away in a minute to check on all these spellings - I wonder if he'll turn up again? I thought he got off a bit too lightly and gave in a bit too easily, but they had a lot to pack into that last episode. Still, a bit more of a kicking wouldn't have gone amiss

Ah well, Spartacus Blood and Sand starts again next week. I think it's been long enough since I last watched it to be really enjoyable all over again.

edit on 27-4-2011 by berenike because: Checked the spelling of the names. Don't want you all to think I was clever enough to get them right first time

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I missed it!!!

Gonna try and catch it later so I didn't read the posts!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thats Shocking Bro
we re-watching it Friday then?
lol.

SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!

I definitely think Gannicus will be making an appearance in the next season. Thats the only reason I can think of them not killing him off. Wonder if Krixxis (how the bejesus do u spell that one? :s ha ha) will finally get the fight he wanted

Ha Ha Ideas? Moi? :p Well if I didn't before I most certainly am now! ;p Lol

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni-Kage
Thats Shocking Bro
we re-watching it Friday then?
lol.

SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!

I definitely think Gannicus will be making an appearance in the next season. Thats the only reason I can think of them not killing him off. Wonder if Krixxis (how the bejesus do u spell that one? :s ha ha) will finally get the fight he wanted

Ha Ha Ideas? Moi? :p Well if I didn't before I most certainly am now! ;p Lol

The one thing that bugged me a bit was Crixus worked so hard to be in the brotherhood and was very likable in the prequel but in the end he didn't really become champion of Capua by anything other than default yet when Spartacus arrives he's (Crixus) a big a-hole.

I really like Gannicus and hope he makes a return in season 2. I could see him coming to Anameus' (Doctore) side when the rebellion really gets rolling.

I think the best thing about the show is how brutal it is. I can't wait to watch each new episode but dread it a little as well wondering what tragedy will befall another good character.

A side not I read the other day is that Lesley-Ann Brandt (Naevia) has left the show and will be replaced by Cynthia Addai-Robinson who to me is more visually appealing

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's a shame they've had to recast another character, but hey if she's even hotter i'm sure I can let it go
ha ha. Yeah I can see the rebellion seeking Gannicus out for help or him turning up to save the day when things get a bit hairy lol.
And I agree about Krixxus getting the title by default been a bit :/ I know i'd hate to have a title just handed to me because I was "2nd Best". Maybe thats part of the reason he becomes a bit of an ar*e lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wonder if Crixus was getting a bit above himself because of his relationship with Lucretia? She seemed to have been getting a lot fonder of him than she had been during their first romantic encounter, which was so funny I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

And didn't she have some classic 'pick-up' lines? Just the thing to set the mood

Here is some information on the characters who will be in the new season, but I should put a massive SPOILER ALERT:

film-book.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the info
and yes she did come out with some of the best pre foreplay statements mankind has ever seen! Ha ha ha! Then again some men pay for that kind of treatment lol.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I managed to catch the final ep'. What an awesome second season!!

Lets just hope we don't have to wait to long for season 3.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join