It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spartacus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Kurokage
Pre Spartacus, I hope that's not the case. I want to see the rest of the story of Spartacus. All that political, back stabbing, and back room dealings I can do with out.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I think they are planning it as a kinda mini series, as a fill in before series 2 because of Andy's illness!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Just heard today that there will be 6 eps with Lucy Lawless and John Hannah's charaters and that Andy Whitfield is OK and back in Training for maybe 2 eps for the end of season (prequal season) 2.
Link to source.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.
I am glad he is cancer free and feeling good enough to train, its just a real bummer that we will have to wait til next year now to see season two.
I mean if the 2012 disasters kick in that man not happen either.:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi Kurokage - that's a couple of pieces of good news. Thank you

Red Golem - you should start a thread on reasons we don't want 2012 to 'happen' (besides not wanting the world to end)

Totally off-topic: I've just watched Battlestar Galactica - The Plan. Huh?? What was that all about? I loved the series and watched every episode but I couldn't 'get' this latest offering.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
In case any one is interested, hear is a documentery on the gladiators that were found in York.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I found some time to watch that documentary on You Tube this morning. Thanks for drawing it to my attention - although your link no longer works. For anyone who is interested the full title is 'Gladiators: Back from the Dead' and is easy to find.

One thing I didn't know about before was the guy dressed as Charon who despatched fallen gladiators with a walloping great hammer. Yikes.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Berenike
Yes the link I used was through a site that was removed by our lovely government playing ball with the rich people who buy and keep them in office. But thanks for saying its still available on you tube, just so any one else can watch it if they want to.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Link to some bad news
To all the fans of Spartacus, it seems as if Andys cancer has returned, which throws dought onto a second season.
My thoughts go out to Andy and his second fight with cancer.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That's terrible news for him - I wish him well, too.

I don't know how to say what I want to say without being callous, but thank goodness he has something like Spartacus, Blood and Sand behind him, showing him at the peak of his health and abilities.

Let's hope he recovers well and goes on to even greater things.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Link to new news
Some news about the future of Spartacus and the new season.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Andy will be a hard act to follow but, from a purely selfish point of view, I'll be happy to see the new series.

I'm looking forward to the prequel, too. It's not easy with only The Vampire Diaries to see me through a cold winter

All positive thoughts to Andy

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The studio said if they postponed the show, it would be dropped.

I fear with them replacing Andy, viewership will diminish and the show will be dropped.

It's a no win for such an awesome show. Best wishes to Andy.

At least we know we have one more season!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

100% agreed i felt the first episode was the worst and the last was the best and it just got better as it went along. Totally awesome series one of my favorite beside Dexter / True blood

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For people who watch Spartacus in the UK. Season 2 will air on sky 1 as Bravo has been canceled and will be closing.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Kurokage because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thank You. I watched with horror as Bravo said they were closing down and wondered how I would see the prequel anytime soon.

I've seen some publicity stuff on various websites and it looks promising:

www.starz.com...

edit on 4-1-2011 by berenike because: edit to add link - it's New Year so treats for everyone

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here's a link to a site revealing who has finally been picked to play Spartacus in the new season.
Link

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Reminds me alot of the Rome HBO series, LOVED that as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Spartacus - Gods of the Arena

on TV tonight, Sky 1 at 10pm

yippee..............................

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
watched the first ep' of the new season last night. Great show, hope they keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join