It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My review of Springer on Coast to Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

You talking to me?

Stormdancer ....

Was that said in the Robert DeNiro voice ?

NO , lol, I typed it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

A guy called in and basically said that every topic they'd discussed was 'by the book,' and not much more than distractions.
And he was right.

oh

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I've stayed up to listen to most of the rebroadcast.

The guy I was talking about was "Karl."

Even if he did end up talking about ufos and mentioning bigfoot, he did it in a way that was much more digestible to me than other callers. I was wrong about when/why he got cut off, but...

Even the call that I thought had some redeeming value turned out to be kind of doofy. I did tune out a lot, so I missed a lot, but my point still stands;

Was this a show about this forum or was it a show for people to call in and talk about whatever random issue they had on their mind?

This has been a review of tonight's episode of Coast to Coast, not a review on Mark Alan's performance. I've already said he did good.

...although I am pretty peeved that no one asked him any real questions... like why he doesn't allow talk about hemp without associating it with drug users...

[edit on 29-5-2010 by alaskan]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

Even the call that I thought had some redeeming value turned out to be kind of doofy. I did tune out a lot, so I missed a lot, but my point still stands;

Hey, no need to apologize for going off on me for stating the same thing you just admitted to. I understand you are sorry for being so rude in response to my pointing out what you just realized. Thanks anyway, though.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What I mean is that i tuned in to hear about the forums, not to hear about the same stuff the show covers every other night and how the forums cover it more extensively.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Hey, no need to apologize for going off on me for stating the same thing you just admitted to. I understand you are sorry for being so rude in response to my pointing out what you just realized. Thanks anyway, though.

Give it up man, you might as well be typing in chinese.
Go to some other kids' forum if you're going to bicker over semantics.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Was this a show about this forum or was it a show for people to call in and talk about whatever random issue they had on their mind?

It was open caller night. So, yes, the show was more about discussing topics and having call-ins while only discussing ATS every now and then.

What were you expecting exactly? To talk about the site statistics and history for four hours? I'm not sure what you were expecting. That would have been like a 4 hour infomercial for ATS which was never the goal. Even the host said he didn't want it to solely focus on the site facts for the whole episode.

So they had Springer on who plugged the site every now and then but also focused on the topics and accepted calls.

For example, it would be like having a UFO expert on as a guest host for four hours. He's not going to sit there the whole time telling you about himself, his education, his interest in UFO's, etc. He's going to get into some high profile stories as well.

So Springer is an owner of a conspiracy, alternative, and current events website. He dabbled a little bit in site information but also focused on the topics one would find on ATS.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

And to add. Springer was only actually scheduled for two hours. The first hour of talk and the second hour of open questions. The final two hours of open lines were because Mr. Knapp asked Springer to stay on. One because they know each other and two because things were going well and the people here in our chat room said to go for it when he asked our opinion.

I even said I would call in, but having callers wasn't an issue as I tried off an on for an hour to make it in. I even went with a suggested topic by Johnny Anonymous, because Johnny knows George Knapp as well and it is one of his favorite topics.

But like I said earlier, it is a different audience and you do have to play to the crowd you are in front of in those cases.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
This has nothing to do with Springer, I didn't hear the show, however, I am really worried about Americans and how much garbage they are fed, and the nonsense they believe.

People filling our minds with nonsense.

Sd, If I didn't have the nonsense and had to deal strictly with reality....

I would go mad! or more mad is more like it.

I thought the show was pretty good.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by alaskan

Oh Alaskan.....

Cut it out.....

Springer was awesome!

Didn't you hear how well he kawabawated with Karl?

Come on.....give us a smile mate!

Brown-noser.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

reply to post by alaskan

Oh Alaskan.....

Cut it out.....

Springer was awesome!

Brown-noser.

Geez.....

I'd better get my act together!

10 minutes ago I was called an a*s kisser!
l:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well,Springer did a good job in my opinion.

It was open line Friday and if I remember correctly Knapp just answers calls without anyone screening the calls.

If you are familiar with the calls on Friday open lines,a large majority are older people many without even internet connections.

A large percentage of the listeners do not even know what this site is about and do not care.

Friday night is their chance to get on national radio and rant.

It was better than listening to lonely people calling in and telling George (S)Noory how great he is and then some sob story about how their life sucks.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by alaskan

Oh Alaskan.....

Cut it out.....

Springer was awesome!

Brown-noser.

Geez.....

l:

you must be a yes man in real life.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is not a pro-hemp board get over it.
Springer did a great job. I liked how he did it, would you rather him bring up really "good" topics that he could have just stolen from the members here and just passed them off on the radio as his own ideas? The show was exactly what i expected any one who regularly listens to coast to coast knows the breakdown of how the show works.
1. Describe what the show will be about for the night
2. Commercial (or abba music)
3. ABBA
4. Guest comes on and again George or ian go over what they will be talking about
5.Comercial
6.ABBA
7. 5 min talk with guest
8.comercial
9.ABBA
10. 5 min of review of what has happened in the show so far
11. 3 min talk with guest
12.comercial
13.abba
Repeat steps 6-13 till the end of show.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

reply to post by alaskan

Oh Alaskan.....
Cut it out.....
Springer was awesome!

Brown-noser.

Geez.....
l:

you must be a yes man in real life.

Yes sir!

Exactly sir!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Is Karl next?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not