It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football's female groupies 'on the prowl'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Football's female groupies 'on the prowl'

www.news.com.au

THEY'VE always hovered behind the scenes, where cameras don't film and mates don't talk.

Splashed in perfume and fake tan, they totter in high heels and short skirts, to prowl bars and nightclubs for their latest targets, and to beg introductions to future marks.

They are the young women who offer themselves to AFL players. When a player reciprocates interest, they will slip away with him in the night, for a forbidden embrace or grope - usually with no strings attached.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A rare insight into the "groupie" culture. This story highlights the dark underworld of sports culture and celebrity status. Is it any wonder we have so many cases of infidelity, unwanted pregnancies and sexual assaults? Is it any wonder why marriages and relationships are so hard to maintain for the sports elite and famous?

The media usually paints the males as the aggressors that can't keep their snakes tamed. They are the ones who lack the discipline to resist temptation. They are the ones who "look" to cheat on their loyal partners and think they can have as much casual sex as they wish.

The groupies themselves usually get portrayed as lonely, vulnerable young women who are often taken advantage of by sports stars and celebrities. Innocent women trying to form an identity for themselves who have been tricked into thinking being what they are doing is admirable.

When you really think about this issue, who exactly are the aggressors? Who are the ones trying to entice and tempt the other? Who are the ones trying to manipulate and deceive? Who are the ones with more to gain in the long term?

Is there a conspiracy to flood sports stars and celebrities with so much temptation that forming a committed relationship and starting a family becomes such an obstacle?

[edit on 29/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Dark
nicely put, flag.
You are good with your words, and I do think stated things very well. It also not just the sports stars, or the famous as you said. Any one with wealth or power can be a target. Or I do like the way the article stated it, a "MARK"

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
No such conspiracy exists . lol As much as I am a let and let live kind of guy but being a sports or movie star doesn't excuse adulatory or cheating on ones partner . When someone is in the public spot light even if they are single they have to make some wise decisions with their brains and not their dicks . Some nasty women who regret what they did the night before have the habit of making false rape allegations .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
No such conspiracy exists . lol As much as I am a let and let live kind of guy but being a sports or movie star doesn't excuse adulatory or cheating on ones partner . When someone is in the public spot light even if they are single they have to make some wise decisions with their brains and not their dicks . Some nasty women who regret what they did the night before have the habit of making false rape allegations .

The thing I am trying to work out is why so many attractive women are lining up to screw famous celebrities and sports stars. Have a photo, get an autograph and want to talk with them, I understand. But offering their bodies? Going through so much effort to have sex with them? If it's just about sex then why aren't women lining up around non-famous good looking men?

Even in the public spotlight, groupies should have the decency to stay away from those in relationships or who are married. It's always the man that is blamed because he "thinks with his dick". Think about that phrase for a moment. Are women thinking with their ovaries when they are surrounded by lots and lots of pairs of their favourite shoes and decide to buy a pair?

Women that make false rape allegations are responsible for trivialising attitudes towards genuine rape when it occurs. In the end, innocent people are bound to suffer greatly as a result.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Maybe the fact someone is famous is just their cup of tea or to put it another way it really does it for them . I need to stay within the T&C while discussing this topic . It could also just be a very unhealthy state of mind that some people have towards Celebratory Worship . Personally I despise with every bone in my body the way celebradom has gotten out of control.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

xpert
I very much agree with the last statement in your post. Although if you are in a free country people can worship who they wish, and if it is not a football celebrity it would probably be some one else.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Although if you are in a free country people can worship who they wish, and if it is not a football celebrity it would probably be some one else.

All very true . Its only my opinion but things really get lost when the MSM gives saturation coverage to the likes of Pairs Hilton time in jail rather then countless other important issues that will effect the globe . Sure I have some sports people who I am a rather big fan of and sometimes fancy but at the end of the day I still think that real world issues are more important .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

xpert
I do very much agree with your statement, and that is why I really turn away from the MSM. Hence my time here.

new topics

top topics

join