It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archive of Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has made an Archive of predictions that have come true. It would be interesting to see who the best predictors are.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have suggested that all soothsayers at ATS be held to account, and stand up proudly and be counted post hoc for what they have said. I said that to the sound of crickets and the occasional ribbit.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That's a great idea but people who make predictions always fill them with all kinds of cryptic jargon so they can twist it to mean anything if something does happen. At least the good ones make their predictions like that.

The ones that make direct predictions with detailed events in a very clear and precise manner usually aren't right so your "Compendium of Correct Predictions" would be nary a proven-correct prediction.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How about ATS post a log where predictions could be posted and the poster can do a post mortem explanation. I think there were any number of posters that would have to be called to answer after yesterday.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thing is, after making a flimsy prediction do you think the people who made them really want to clear things up? Probably not because they'd rather stay mysterious and something like that would just discredit their lousy ability to make predictions.

Also it wouldn't leave room for excuses like "Oh my prediction wasn't for yesterday, it was for that day next year!" and other poor excuses to keep a crumby prediction alive.

Face it, psychics, clairvoyants, astrologers, and other people wishing they were X-Men are full of sh*t. People can't see into the future. They can only wish they knew the future and since there are no real genies those wishes will fall into the bottomless well of reality.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Namtar]

new topics

top topics

join