It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Rebirth On the Horizon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Was reading a thread about reported real dead celebs really being alive.
It got me wondering with the leaps genetics and DNA cloning science have made.
Could in fact we have Elvis back again?
And would it be possible to Fast grow him so he is say Thirty again within say a year?
It is getting to the point where this is going to be possible if not happenning now.
Elvis would of course be only one of the fascinating dead we could bring back by cloning, but he could be a focal point for when this stuff is made Public?
We have lost so many talented Musicians and most of the new stuff is awful?
Perhaps as the cost of th etechnology comes down we can all have our own Favourite Muso in our own homes?
Ready to perform all the hits?
Imagine a sunday arvo ,a few Heinekens , a nice lunch and "Hey Elvis ready to Rock'N Roll.....yeah suree Sir, just finishing the washing up.
DNA cloning my kind of science.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My previous post in my browser crashed, but how would we instill the talent into them to write or produce? We could certainly clone them, but they would be different due to different upbringing. If you could harness the "memories" and 'inject' them into the clones, it would be amazing though.

Imagine great minds being reborn! Tesla or the men behind the Roman empire! Imagine what we could learn by studying or enhancing the playing field of deceased geniuses or world changing leaders!

Imagine bringing Hitler back and being able to go "Dude? WTF?".

We could answer the endless supply of questions about or forefathers and the formation of the current and past world itself!

Bring to life poets, and bards, and playwrights!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

Great reply , I think there could be two options
1/ A physical replica but with no memories.
2/ A physical replica with memories.
There is already research indicating our parents experiences are somehow imprinted onto our DNA.
And this would explain instincts and traits common amongst parents/children.
I think if DNA was extracted from a coffin a real Hitler/elvis/ect could be cloned.
Hitler is he dead? would be interesting but I doubt he would survive a day without some group killing him.
Personally I would love to have many musos on tap, but feeding them all would be difficult.
Imagine a concert featuring Louis Armstrong, Jimi Hendrix,The Beatles,Frank Sinatra,Robert Johnson ,"Elvis and his one hundred best impersonators" with Adolf Hitler.Karl Marx,JFK all in your garden, ok this might be only for thr rich in the future, but costs do come down.
Imagine "my clones better than your clone" the reality may not be as far away as we may imagine?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Perhaps as the cost of th etechnology comes down we can all have our own Favourite Muso in our own homes?

I will quote a humorist from Québec, Bruno Landry, from his time with Rock et Belles Oreilles: "I dream of the day when each man has his own slave!"

LOL I'll take a Lennon, a Harrison, and, oh, toss me 4 or 5 Shania Twain, please!

No, that would be horrible to use the tech to bring them back alive because we would have expectations toward someone who would not be the one desired.

I'd rather see it used to create a new me, and either transplant the brain ( you make a clone without a brain, of course ) or put the same electrochemical imprint in the brain of the clone or simply use its organ to replace the failing ones I'd have. ( Hence the brain/imprint transplant )

I can't believe I will post something so... unethical... The best would be to simply tell the cells to reproduce indefinitely...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Cloning the body may produce a look alike but the spirit or life force that inhabits the body is what makes the man or women. So you would not have Elvis back just a look alike.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Cloning the body may produce a look alike but the spirit or life force that inhabits the body is what makes the man or women. So you would not have Elvis back just a look alike.

Yes the spirit, but what if God allowed for the cloning of spirit?
Why not?
Evil splits itself amongst billions.
LOve splits itself amongst billions.
What are we more than Love and evil combined?
The spirit can be cloned?

new topics

top topics

join