It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The red pill or the blue pill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If you were faced with neo's choice and came from your own lives what would you do? One has a lot to consider when faced with that sort of dilemma. Family, friends, occupation, plans and future plans... What would you choose? Would you leave your family to pursue the truth even if it meant that finding out that truth would separate you from your family?

When I look at myself and ask myself this sort of question my fantasy get's the best of me and I quickly take the red pill without thinking. When I think about it all I don't take the blue pill but hesitate. When I am faced with this question I am quite reluctant to have an optimistic attitude so usually I am quick to adjust to my changing circumstances.

What would you do when faced with this sort of question? Why would you do it? How would you deal with your choice later if you knew about the possibility of knowing the entire truth? Would you ever change your mind?

Thank you for your time

Sorry most of the videos I found have the "Disabled embedding" thingy

[edit on 28-5-2010 by PositivelyDetermined]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think by just being here we have all decided to at least take a peak down the rabbit hole.

BTW welcome to ATS. I think most people here have grown old of the matrix analogies.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by SeeingBlue]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've actually given this subject some thought as well, I would definitely take the red pill

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Here's a better question. Has anyone ever thought of going the route Sypher did and return to the matrix and forget they ever had a glimpse into the truth?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by belidged
Here's a better question. Has anyone ever thought of going the route Sypher did and return to the matrix and forget they ever had a glimpse into the truth?

Great question. Personally I've had a few glimpses of the truth, one so frightening I choose to remain in the matrix. It was a case of - I took the red pill and at the last sec I spat it out, lol. Can't forget though.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by belidged

Yea, there have been moment where I wished I hadn't went down the rabbit hole and wanted to return to my previous oblivious state.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Once you take the red pill you cant cough it back up !

No matter how many episodes of American Idol , Dancing with the stars , survivor and hrs upon hrs of main stream media you watch .

Its a one way trip .

I have tried to cough that little sucker back up with out success but its there for good once your eyes are open that's it you cant close them again .

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Lostinthedarkness]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
I think by just being here we have all decided to at least take a peak down the rabbit hole.

BTW welcome to ATS. I think most people here have grown old of the matrix analogies.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by SeeingBlue]

Probably I wouldn't doubt it. When people started to talk about this sort of stuff I was buried in fan made stories. The matrix concept blew my mind because I immediately saw how relevant it is to now and here. That and I never really knew about forums that much I was a young adult still doing my partying. Now I feel that I have calmed down things are really looking different. When I read through these forums and dive into metaphysical topics this world doesn't seem as solid as I once believed.

I've actually given this subject some thought as well, I would definitely take the red pill

I have too. I do not take my life for granted and I am thankful for the things I have but I am not too attached I know I could leave at any time if I had to. I was thinking about leaving to study Zen or Buddhism. When I was born I already decided to take the red pill.

Ignorance is bliss, but curiosity killed the cat. So even if your memory could be erased you would still have the curiosity to go and find another opportunity to take the red pill. Most people are curious like that.

Great question. Personally I've had a few glimpses of the truth, one so frightening I choose to remain in the matrix. It was a case of - I took the red pill and at the last sec I spat it out, lol. Can't forget though.

If you could you would undoubtedly find your way back to it repeating the same thing. In vippassana meditation you learn how to take the red pill and be happy with it. You learn Non-attachment and eventually find the 'no-ego' state. Just thought I would toss that in there

Yea, there have been moment where I wished I hadn't went down the rabbit hole and wanted to return to my previous oblivious state.

I agree but I am always compelled to go further and further to find something that would trump my current state of mind...

Once you take the red pill you cant cough it back up ! No matter how many episodes of American Idol , Dancing with the stars , survivor and hrs upon hrs of main stream media you watch . Its a one way trip . I have tried to cough that little sucker back up with out success but its there for good once your eyes are open that's it you cant close them again .

This is also true. Do you remember the part where they said "We have a rule, never free a mind after its reached a certain age, the mind has trouble letting go". That's kinda what I thought of. The teenage mind is so spaced out in limitless possibilities so I can image in the matrix universe one would never go passed the age of 25 unless, in neos case, he was some sort of messiah or whatever.

Thanks for all the comments guys

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well I think most would take the red pill but if you knew you would have to give up your family etc. it would be hard however that all of it was really an illusion or just the matrix then yes the red pill. I love the matrix analogies and it is very significant however there is more too it then that.

Even though this life may be what we call an illusion it seems to me there is a component to that description that is missing. I don't believe it is quite as simple as all the gurus so to speak (I mean that in a good way) say it is. Just because you reach a certain level of enlightenment doesn't mean you got it all figured out. What if after you reach a certain high level of understanding there is another level as high above it as there is above this earthly level?

Since we're using movie analogies; in the movie Phenomenon JT's character tells the little kid "everything is on it's way somewhere" That certainly rings true to me. And I think even in the higher realms there are yet realms above them. There is a scripture that says "God dwells in everlasting burnings" What if our sun or the stars are a higher realm where beings who have reached a certain level dwell and all we can comprehend of it is it is very hot and fiery to our understanding?

Anyway that's my 3 cents.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

Waking up is fun scary and overwhelming at the same time, and I don't really think it ever ends. The Universe will continue to throw new stuff towards you.

new topics

top topics

join