It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a doppelgänger dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is very weird. I have three dogs. A golden retriever, a sheppard mix and a border collie.

The last few days have been very strange. I've only lived in this house since last October. My understanding is about a doppelgänger is a human. Not in my house. The doppelgänger is emulating my border collie. She is mostly black and we see her brushing against us, even when she us supposedly outside.

I can't find a good reason for these happenings as it happens to more than myself in the household.

Previously, I found out that the previous tenants had Great Danes in the house. It is evident they were locked up in the bathrooms or bedrooms due to the scratches on the doors. There's not a door in the house that in not scratched.

I'm rehabbing the house, but the previous energy of the former dogs are here. Strange that I feel it. They must have been abused.

The yard was totally torn up before my arrival. My dogs of course are angels and simply have a worn tract around the fence.

So why is my black border collie brushing against me when I know she is outside? Are the former dogs looking for love or vengeance? Something is wrong here and very strange.

Truly, I see or feel my black border collie when I know she is outside, so does my room mate. He asked me tonight where she is. I said outside. He said he felt her run by his side (not knowing she was outside). Strange or what? Any feedback?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by brilab45]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I would keep my dogs inside where I could keep an eye on them.
Are they freaked out in the house at all?
I have no idea what this means, but I think the spirit dog that is brushing up against you isn't literally your Border Collie, but possibly a similar dog who lived there before. And could your furkid be a reincarnate of this spirit dog?
When we first moved into our house & our little Schnoodle foundling was still alive, she would look down the back hall last thing every night before we went to bed. We did have a wight, but we haven't seen evidence of her since we did some remodeling a few years ago.
Dogs don't do revenge. :-) Though I swear they will occasionally potty in the house if you leave them home alone or tick them off.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply. I really did not expect anyone to do so.

Sometimes, I catch my dogs barking at the ceiling or at the corner of a wall. Now, I have three of the smartest dogs on earth. Just can't figure out what they are barking at.

My dogs do crawl up onto me when they are "scared". Don't really understand it.

Animals are proven to be more naturalized to the earth, but sometimes I wonder if they are also more spiritual.

I'm at a loss here. This circumstance is really starting to get to me.

I am remodeling the house. Hope I'm not disturbing something. Thanx again for the reply.

My dogs never have diddled in the house. They are very well trained.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Hi, thanks for that. I thought a doppleganger was kindof a look-alike, a second you so to speak. Your descriptions of this event give me reason to think you connect personally with animals - awesome! Except that maybe sometimes animals are just that and we are not sure how we connect.

Jman

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Hi, thanks for that. I thought a doppleganger was kindof a look-alike, a second you so to speak. Your descriptions of this event give me reason to think you connect personally with animals - awesome! Except that maybe sometimes animals are just that and we are not sure how we connect.

Jman

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Animals are EXTREMELY sensitive to the the spirit world. I would guess that what you are experiencing is not a Doppelganger of your dog, but instead the spirit of a dog who once lived at your house. A dogs spirit does not have to die in tragedy to remain earthbound. Sometimes they just like hanging around.

Also, we humans have spirit animals, that watch out and protect us. It is very possible, since you have a Border Collie, that you have a Border Collie spirit animal, who enjoys making its prescence known to you.

I would not freak out about it. If you feel like your dogs are uncomfortable with this ghost dogs precense, simply communicate with the ghost dog and communicate what you want. Do you want to understand it better? Do you want it to go away? Do you want it to stop scaring your dogs? Be in command, of anything in your home. It should, as a dog, be obedient and obey.

Good luck!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

If the dogs are looking up at the ceilings or corners of the wall, it may
be mice, rats, squirrels or racoons....... which they can obviously hear better than humans.

Speaking of smart dogs, we had a golden retriever several years ago
who normally stayed out in the back yard, but one day we brought her inside for some reason I can't remember, and left her in the recreation room, and left for a few hours. Guess that didn't agree with her as when we got back, the room had been "organized" to her liking, couple of light chairs knocked over, and three books had been knocked off the bookshelf, out of about 150 on the shelves, including one entitled "How to Train Your Golden Retriever"

True story. Think she was trying to tell us something.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hey there, yes I do connect with animals. I prefer them over humans any day. However, I have a black border collie being copied. My other two dogs are not being copied in any way. Maybe it's the love I have for her. I dunno? Although, I'll say I love my other luver buggers just as much.

Had a small ranch for awhile. Loved my horses, donkeys, chickens and etc. Although my border collie killed most of the chickens. Tried the free range chicken thing. Just does not work with free spirited dogs.

However, there is something in my house emulating my black border collie. I just don't get it. She is so lovable and smart.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

That is hilarious! Well....you gotta train em right for the inside. I'm laughing uncontrollaby (spelling is off...sorry).

Thanx for the laugh.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ok....it's 12:33 central time and all three of my dogs starting barking at the door. I live in a quiet neighborhood. My dogs are usually constantly beside me. However, they are tired and resounded to my bed (which is covered to not get dirt on it). They stopped as soon as I got up to investigate. They are now in my den next to me. Hmmm. Strange. Nothing outside.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Maybe your Border Collie is projecting love. When I have gone out for a while, I can almost "feel" my Shepherd cross next to me, or behind me to the point that I have actually looked. Anything is possible though. One night I woke up to the feeling of my dog laying down next to me on the bed. Felt her turn around and get comfy, and I reached over to pet her and there was nothing there. I turned on the light and she was out on the couch looking at me strangely. Plus my Shihtzu used to bark at empty walls and corners when he was a puppy, not so much anymore. Maybe you have more dogs than you can see

Wow hard to spell that last dog type without getting censored!

[edit on 29-5-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Not sure what to say...spooky for sure.

I just wanted to chime in and mention a book...no its not a PR attempt.

I can't remember the story title...think it is "Sundog" it is one of four short stories of stephen kings book "4 Past Midnight"
If you enjoy reading ...even in the slightest...and knowing your an animal lover, its worth the few hours it takes to read.
Does your dog seem to notice this...or have affects on the dog in question...I don't need an answer, but thats how I would approach, trying to see if there is something there or not.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. Again, that's kinda freaky too.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
Not sure what to say...spooky for sure.

I just wanted to chime in and mention a book...no its not a PR attempt.

I can't remember the story title...think it is "Sundog" it is one of four short stories of stephen kings book "4 Past Midnight"
If you enjoy reading ...even in the slightest...and knowing your an animal lover, its worth the few hours it takes to read.
Does your dog seem to notice this...or have affects on the dog in question...I don't need an answer, but thats how I would approach, trying to see if there is something there or not.

I'm a Stephen King junkie and amazingly not familiar with that. I will definitely look that up. Thanx.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Many of us have deceased pets. One of my favorites was Dalton. He was a beautiful Black Doberman Pinscher (from Dalton , Georgia). I lost him to Hurricane Frances in Florida. He got spooked and the back fence door flew open and he and my red female Doberman escaped at over 100 mph winds. I found the red Dobbie and unfortunately Dalton got hit by a car. But to this day I still feel his presence. That was really hard on me. My guts were in such a whirl. I loved him so much. The red one lived a nice long life of 13 years. She is gone and I feel she has passed where she needs to go. She was ready. Pets really are people too. As much as it hurts to lose pets, I will always rescue other animals into my life.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well it happened again yesterday. I left my pets outside and my black Border Collie rubbed up against me in the kitchen. She was outside. What the hell is going on?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
To me this sounds like a manic phase of bipolar disorder. When you begin to perceive things that aren't really happening (or can't possibly happen)... the first place to check is in your own mind. The mind is very fertile ground for overactive imagination and the more you believe something is possible, the more intense it gets even to point of hallucinations, etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well, I would agree with your assessment if I were schizophrenic or something worse. But no, not Bi-Polar. I am really feeling my dogs (specifically my border collie) brush up against me when they are in fact outside. It's not like its a bad feeling, its just unusual and bizarre. A literal physical feeling of my dog brushing up against me. Odd.

Edited to add: My room mate is experiencing the same thing. This is only weeks old. So....it's not just in my head.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

If you told this story to a shrink.. he would diagnose you based on delusional thinking alone. I have no doubt you believe this all to be true, but does anyone else in your household share the same perspective? I could trade some really bizarre stories about this one dog we had eerily similar to what you are describing.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

If you told this story to a shrink.. he would diagnose you based on delusional thinking alone. I have no doubt you believe this all to be true, but does anyone else in your household share the same perspective? I could trade some really bizarre stories about this one dog we had eerily similar to what you are describing.

Please do tell. I am very interested in your experience. Sorry, I sound like a loon, but this is happening with such frequency, I would appreciate some insight other than being delusional.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join