It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont ask dont tell over????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well It looks like it will happen finally. Dont ask dont tell looks like its on its death bed. While it was a good compromise back in the 90s I would like to think that as a country we have moved past trivial things like this. (wishfull thinking I know). This will be a huge step forward the struggle for equality for all the homosexuals out there. Now if we can just get that marrige thing down. And for all you haters out there just so you know I am a straight male and served 7yrs in the military. I just think that homosexuals should have ALL that same rights that I do as an American, wether its to die in a trench in some forign country defending your own or having half your stuff taken in a divorce.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well it looks like pink guns, tutus and tiaras for everyone. The last bastion of male dominance has been compromised, the strong man is bound and destruction awaits. Don't ask and don't watch my tail! lol!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Think about it from THE DRAFT perspective. If a major war breaks out, they don't want draft dodgers claiming that they can't go to war simply because they are gay - so they are closing this loophole.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The one thought I have on it, is that until the Military updates the UCMJ, it will not matter if a person is gay or not, cause they can still prosecute and remove a person from the military. There are a lot of issues in the military concerning gays in the military, cause they will have to also look at people with domestic partners, do they give them the same bennifits as say a straight person? I do understand why the military is hesitant and wanting to move slowly, as they need to focus on equal justice, not just the quick and easy change. Most military servicemembers these days really don't care if a person is gay or straight, as long as they do their job, that is what is important.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

This is true the UCMJ can still prosacute for sodamy. But lets take it one step at a time. I think its still wrong but we have to take our wins were we can get them right now

new topics

top topics

join