It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Satellite view of growing Oil Spill - Shocking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but this video really put thing into perspective for myself. I didn't pay too much attention to something that is literally across the world from me, but to see the actual size of the impact in all its entirety is pretty frightening. The following time-lapse video is courtesy of NASA.

Managed to find the best, high-res satellite image of the spill: modis.gsfc.nasa.gov...

related threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
WoW !!!!!

What a dissaster!!!

I wonder how long this will take to fix?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh my god. This is absolutely a catastrophy. All plantlife,fish and animals will die. All the beaches will be loaded with dead things. What a stench of death that will be. Lets go vacationing to the stench of death beach. BP has turned our ocean into a sesspool of death. THANKS BP. Now you can charge the USA for higher gas prices for the cleanup and losse of oil. Don't worry BP you can just sit back and relax, we'll pay for it. As USUAL.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Indeed.

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...

All of their information and camera's pretty much show the leak still going as quick as ever, I can only imagine the satellite imagery will get worse and worse in the coming days.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Bumpin' this up... got pushed down way too quick.

NASA's satellite runs over the area are gonna continue for as long as this leaks so keep an eye out for more of these videos...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
hmm i dont have much to say other then nice video, this is just a bump really, sorry for being brief and not having much of a real comment (i think thats about two lines)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It will most likely not be cleaned up in any of our lifetimes. What is dead now will not return, the waters will not be fit for life. This is the reality of an oil leak or large spill into waters. Case in point is the exxon valdez spill, 11 million gallons orignally estimated in the Prince William Sound, it is 20 yrs later and life has not returned to the area and scientists are now saying it will take more than 30 years. Truth is they may never come back.

What is lost because of this leak will take many years to fully learn, and it will change lives forever in that area.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Jello the Prophet says it all......

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Let's hear it for the Amish.
I find it hard to point my finger at any one entity. Unless this was done on purpose. I can't help but feel the blame is shared by all humanity. Some consume, others produce. We all
have a hand in this. Perhaps the anticipated finger pointing is responsible
for all the lies and deciet. We may have to learn how trivial the finger pointing really is. Certainly can't point to the Amish can we?

The show mega disasters, hasn't seen anything like this.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Earth is bleeding out............

Second line

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think its wrong to blame all of humanity and the 'some consume, some produce' argument doesn't work either. We are pretty much forced to use this fuel, other more efficient technologies have been constantly suppressed. I don't think we'll ever know if this was done on purpose or not, but its quite evident that not enough is being done to stop this from happening, and not enough happened in the first place to prevent it, I think that says enough.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sweet! Great pictures, man1

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

We are pretty much forced to use this fuel

Really don't mean to argue either way. I don't feel like I was forced to use anything though. The Amish seem to get thru life just fine. Pretty messed up for them. They would have nothing to do with our way of life. Still they
will suffer the consequences right along with us.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree. No one pointed a gun at us and said use oil. We do it for the convenience. Not thinking of tomorrow. I think I need to buy a horse now.

Oh and Randy don't you ever check your U2U?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Disgusting indeed.. It saddens me to see the lack of care from BP as well. I find it hard to believe that there are mere "coincidences" when it comes to billions and billions of dollars at stake. This is both a horrendous disaster and a fishy one at that..

Here's how much BP cares about it:

"The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume," - BP chief executive Tony Hayward

Yeah, thanks for the comforting words Tony!.. what a piece of trash. I want to hear his press conference the day after a hurricane comes through the gulf coast.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
"The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume," - BP chief executive Tony Hayward

What a discussing statement this is! I'm furious!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thats what can be seen on the surface.

What about all the oil that is underwater because of the dispersants?

The world's most damaging oil spill – now in its 41st continuously gushing day – is creating huge unseen "dead zones" in the Gulf of Mexico, according to oceanologists and toxicologists. They say that if their fears are correct, then the sea's entire food chain could suffer years of devastation, with almost no marine life in the region escaping its effects.

www.independent.co.uk...

The dispersants keep the oil off the surface of the water...so what freaking use are the oil booms anyway?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

That Independent piece is a very gloomy report indeed.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by randyvs

"We are pretty much forced to use this fuel, other more efficient technologies have been constantly suppressed." quote from serbsta.

I agree with this. I remember while in elementary school a teacher told us that someone invented a tire for automobiles that would never go bad. She said their invention was bought out and suppressed. That it would have put companies out of business, lol. I don't know if what my teacher said was true but I do remember wondering why we couldn't just advance.

on a side note: randyvs, did you check your u2u's?

edit to add quote

[edit on 31-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

new topics

top topics

join