It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Misoir

I think the only way to take back our countries (I'm in Australia) is to ban ALL political parties.
In truth they are undemocratic because they force the party line on all reps.
We are all entitled to a LOCAL voice in the Goverment and that was stolen by the major parties..

Oppps, s&f for u

[edit on 28-5-2010 by virgom129]

I must say.. as an American..

I 100% AGREE!!!!

honestly, they serve no purpose in a Democratic system.. it is simply a way to control .. politics and political coffers = control by the wealthy.

Eliminate political parties, and put a hard cap on the amount of money you're allowed to spend on a single campaign, differing caps by level of position. Then give equal air time for political advertisements to ALL candidates running for that particular office.

It would truly revolutionize politics, and give a much broader range of opinion in our Representatives..

Some would say "but no one could agree, and nothing could get done" .. well, a no vote on every bill is better than a yes vote only on bills that harm this country.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser
reply to post by Misoir

"location:florida"
"british national party"

....yeah wtf man?

YAY! Somehow I fixed it. I changed it now so people will stop questioning where I live. I live in Florida, USA! I meant to post 'British National Party sucks!' But it turned out only 'British National Party'. When I tried to change it it came saying error, but now it's fixed after months.

[edit on 5/29/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've been saying for ages that we shoud not necessarily ban political parties, but that when we list a politicians name on a ballot or in advertising, they not be allowed to state which party they represent.

That way, people would actually have to look at where a politician stands on issues regardless of just blindly voting for whomever the Republican or Democratic candidate is each time.

If we introduced this at the same time we introduced a two term limit for all elected officials, people wouldn't get used to voting for the same person over and over because of knowing the party they represent, rather than the actual issues they represent.

I think we'd see some surprising results.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Actually, the Federal Reserve was not created by FDR. It was created by Woodrow Wilson, who was MUCH worse than FDR.

This is one of the frew things I agree with Glenn Beck on - Woodrow Wilson was probably the WORST President in US history and completely sold out to big banking interests.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Great Thread.
Our Constitutional Republic was dismantled in the earlier 1900's with insanely written bills and with the advent of the Federal Reserve and all of its associated laws (crimes). Thank you, FDR.

The Federal Reserve Act came into existance during 1913 and was instituted by Woodrow Wilson. Even more important the ACT OF 1871 turned america's sovereign constitution to a corporate charter.

Ever since then, Congress and the POTUS has called this country a Democracy and all told, they've been trying to spread "democracy" all over the world.

So the democrats want a democracy and the republicans want a republic?

Obviously we need our Republic back.
But the feeble, complacent, so-called Americans have let it slide out from underneath them for generations with their ever-evolving chase for the "American Dream".

One of the big problems with government being accountable to everyone is that most of the money, if not all of it, comes from corporate donations and according to some right wingers its ok because its "freedom of speech".

It seems you can do EVERYTHING under "freedom of speech" and never be held accountable for ANYTHING! I am sorry but freedom of speech in the strict/literal sense means freedom TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH and freedom to type/write your message. NOTHING MORE!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This global disaster that is occurring in the gulf is being conducted by forces that caused it to begin with.

The Gulf of Mexico and North American Plains are weather machines for the entire planet; complete with hurricanes and tornadoes.

How many drills in the Gulf of Mexico or open pits in the Peace River Valley for a little over 5% of global oil are there to satisfy this ego for it?

Somethings wrong. And it isn't the weather.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For love of country they accepted death..
From the third graders of Tussing Elementary, Colonial
Heights , Virginia .

Click your mouse here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

TAKE AMERICA BACK

That is what I think is the best way to restore our Constitutional Republic.
This seems apt.

South Park - Season 03 Episode 14 - "The Red Badge of Gayness"

Dear Mr. President:

There are times when humans can no longer endure their government's authoritah. You must declare the Confederaceh its own nation so that we may enter into a new millennium of prosperitah.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Missed one step.

Hang the tyrants.

Yes justice has got to be seen to be done.

We have got to get back to small local groups where anyone that represents the comunity is accantable and we also need to secure food at a local level and then we can deal with the global isues.

Live free or die trying

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As an outsider to all this I note that this was not mentioned (unless I missed it) 1.7.7.6 does not = 21 or 294 but 1776 the Declaration Of Independance. (Or was that so blindingly obvious to you all that no one mentioned it?)

Very fitting indeed however!

[edit on 30/5/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
im in . i got a good brain , good shot and i am a wiz with anything mechanical

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I find the points in this thread meaning more to me than ever before. I encourage this thread to grow again and see more comments.

1776 isn’t just a year… any more.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join