It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Top Kill" Has Failed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
OK, I have a question. They have chemicals that make oil thin. Is there a
chemical that when mixed with oil makes it turn thick. If something could be mixed with the oil to turn it into something more like tar or asphalt it would be easyer to plug. It there a oil thicking agent of some kind?

Would freezing it with liquid nitrogen give them enough time to plug it? Oil that cold it harder than concrete.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by fixer1967]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

They didn't fix it then either, they drilled a relief well that took 9 months to do.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Read the story, remember the accident, the one in Mexico was 200 feet deep this one is 5000 feet, the point is they couldn't do it then at 200 feet WTF why do they think it will work at 5000 feet, just plain stupid.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
how about this...manufacture a large pipe or stack of soem sort, with a shut off vlave incorporated into it. get the pipe to overwhelm the oil hole, n push it in or remove enough ocena floor so the pipe slides over the oil hole...slowly turn the vlave into the off position, so pressure osnt accumulate so quickly once inside the pipe*
thats another idea i just conjured up*

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
top kill worked they said lmfao
its obvious they aint never gonna stop this
at this rate it will spew oil 4 a hundred years
so this is a keeper
gl america ul need it

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Well since you decided to insult me via u2u on my reponse from two days ago while the top kill attempt was in progress, I felt I had to say:

Wow beforeitsnews got one right for once.
First time for everything. Too bad this is the story they actually were right about.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I said top kill failed 3 days ago and the whole article got thrown out, WHY? Beaches full of plants,fish and dead animals. Some dolphins and a whale. Mostly plants and fish now cover the beaches. I woulden't want to live within 2 miles of the beaches. Can you immagine the stench of rotting plants and fish on the beach. Not to mention the heavy smell of oil.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
the gulf regional area is home to great white sharks like in the movie jaws, otopuses, wales , all kinds of fish . Its home to all life

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The planet is turning inside-out.

We popped it. Like a balloon. Oops.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The oil spill will not be stopped, until october or so...

Why? because.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join