It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Top Kill" Has Failed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry, not according to some other guy's thread: BP says "Yay! We did it! We stoped the one leak er whatever."

CJ

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
BP sickens me. I have never in my life got any gas from BP. We the people will clean up and pay for this mess. How? In higher gas prices. Gas is going down now because they want us to shut up about it. I remember on memorial day the escuse was more people were on the road so gas prices went up. Whats the escuse now this memorial day? HMMMM, whats wrong with this picture?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

The two disasters are not the same. The Mexican one was very shallow.
The reserves the rigs sat upon are totally different as well. What about the ocean currents?
The two are not the same.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry, not according to some other guy's thread: BP says "Yay! We did it! We stoped the one leak er whatever."

CJ

Did you expect them to actually come out and say it failed? It failed once, and this story is saying they started up again yesterday.

IT will fail again.

Unfortunate, but probably true.

~Keeper

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well it was a crapshoot to begin with. sad: (
i have an idea! link pipes down to the oil hole, and pump qucik drying reinforced cement into the hole! i think its a quick idea at least to stabilize or completely stop it! sounds odd, but hey i think its one of things that seems weird, but works!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sadly I think the OP called it right this time, a day before it happened.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
With the moratorium placed on drilling new wells and issuing new permits BP’s only shot at bringing this mega find of oil home is letting it flow until the relief wells are up and running.

If they close off the well before that, there is a chance the relief wells being drilled will be stopped by the government and BP would never get to tap into all that oil.

So there is a huge economic incentive for BP not to cap the well at this point.

Further we have the whole Club of Rome, Climate Change Legislation Initiative and Cap and Trade, all of which can benefit with the appropriate media spin, providing this turns into a major, major disaster. Of course letting the oil continue to flow is what ensures it will be a major, major disaster.

Now here is the reality where the Club of Rome is involved, and that is that Queen Beatrix is one of the Charter Members of the Club of Rome, and Queen Beatrix is also the major owner of BP.

Queen Beatrix also enjoys a very rare privilege known as the “Divine Right of Kings” she is above the law and her actions can not be held to account legally as a result of that.

We are absolutely not going to be told the truth on this one, there is too much at stake for too many people, who never let the truth get in the way of their goals.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think you got BP mixed up with Royal Shell when you're refering to Queen Beatrix. As far as I'm aware she has no shares in BP, only in Shell.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think the top kill is a long shot. The real plan is to drill two relief wells that will eventually and hopefully be able to intersect this well so they can relieve some of the pressure and pump mud, junk, and cement down into them, which is how they eventually sealed the other leak in the Gulf that went on for 9 months in SHALLOW water. The problem is that the relief wells take 90 days to drill, so this leak could go on for months and months and months. Not to mention the problems associated with a well being a mile down where the pressure is 2200 pounds per square inch.

Meanwhile, the oil that is spewing under immense pressure has sediment in it which IS slowly eating away at all the components of the well, kind of like a sandblaster at work. As the spewing oil slowly erodes away all the "kinks in the hose" and the components of the well, the spill WILL get bigger and bigger until there is no resistance whatsoever and it is gushing wide open at full force. If and WHEN that happens, we are screwed blued and tattooed. Make no mistake, if they are unable to top kill this, it will eventually erode everything away and become a wide open gusher that will go on for months while we wait for the relief wells to be drilled. If and WHEN it starts to gush wide open the damage to the environment will be on a biblical scale. To make matters worse, the relief wells could take much longer than 90 days if they miscalculate and miss the intersecting of the spewing well.

If all else fails, they do have a final solution. Explosives. But even this is no guarantee as you could risk blowing a hole so big in the ocean floor that will trigger an oil volcano.

So, people we need a miracle.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

we need a miracle
Quick! someone call Bruce Willis!

There is two relief wells being drilled. the main one and a back up in case the first one misses its 6" mark.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What are we seeing right now? I get confused of all the camera angels. But now this looks like only crude oil is coming out, and it says plume monitoring, but which plume?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The Top method may work . I need to look at updated news.

This is a on going problem as the gulf leaks oily mud . They should Plug the hole with something that stops the leaking oil . Plug it with something real strong like mud mixed with rocks /granite, marble, chips and natural wood bark, add some glue and rubber .

[edit on 29-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
BP sickens me. I have never in my life got any gas from BP. We the people will clean up and pay for this mess. How? In higher gas prices. Gas is going down now because they want us to shut up about it. I remember on memorial day the escuse was more people were on the road so gas prices went up. Whats the escuse now this memorial day? HMMMM, whats wrong with this picture?

Exactly. The fact that gas prices have not gone up is exactly what you said, they want people to keep their minds off of the gulf and oil as much as possible. What a joke. The big boys really do just assume that we are all ignorant and uninformed.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In Canada they're telling us on the news right now its failed, and in the efforts 10 people died in a explosion.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
FNG here. Looking at the BP video streaming on CNN for the first time.......I know I'm late to the party......it doesn't look to me like their "Top Kill" operation is working very well.

That's a # load of oil coming out at an alarming rate too.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by exinterp
In Canada they're telling us on the news right now its failed, and in the efforts 10 people died in a explosion.

Huh? Explosion? Wasn't the 11 people killed in the beginning of the whole saga?

I'm not reading anything about 10 more people dying in an explosion...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
BP's press releases are old fashion Huey Long styled politics ... just BS to buy em more legal time.

If I where President, I'd just request another bail out for the OIL Industry, I'm sure Wall Street and the auto industry would help. YEAH I'm really upset today.

With all the rigs in the Gulf of Mexico there is absolutely no reason for BP not to have the equipment to drill those 2 relief wells ... they should have started the project this past week.

If the oil industry wants good press they need to unite in this effort to stop the DAMN LEAK in the Gulf.

[edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Funny - the Toronto Star posted a news article.

"Doubt surrounds effort to plug well"
As millions remained transfixed by a busted oil well spewing millions of gallons of crude into the Gulf of Mexico, BP offered few details Saturday on... (MORE)

Clicked the link and got...

"Sorry, the page you were looking for is not available.

The page may have moved or expired from our site. If you were trying to access a bookmarked page, please consult our sitemap and update your links. If you are having trouble finding what you are looking for please email us at webmaster@thestar.ca."

OK the link is now working!
Article

[edit on 29-5-2010 by bwfan]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why not Bury a "Bunker Buster" bomb near the hole Blow it and Collapes the Drill Hole in on itself? Maybe someone on ATS smarter than myself can tell me why this is not a fee-sable option?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
this tactic didn't work in the 1979 oil spill either....have they not learned anything from other oil spills? They have gone through this before

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join