It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get UFO lore straight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

Dear redrezo

This is a matter of perception; the medieval peasant would call the helicopter a demon because that all at that time he could relate too.

I can’t help but sympathies with Hawkwind. Simply because this is one of the possibly two realities that we see in our society today.

We have unexplainable things seen in our skies by reliable people so we do our best to find a logical conclusion to these phenomena.

At the same time we have our boffins telling us that these tings do not exist.

It simply means that you have to favor one or the other.

I go with this, TPTB are lying.

The only question after that is what about.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I cannot accept it as reasonable that aliens should look like us. Sure, the human form works for what we do, but we only have one example of exceptional tool users (ourselves). Some might say that aliens must walk on two legs, or they must have two eyes, a nose, a mouth, all on a head on top of their shoulders, or that they must have opposable thumbs, etc. That is all the same to me as concluding, after having seen one example of an aircraft in flight, that all aircraft must have propellers, or all aircraft must have fixed wings (or wings at all), or to say that all aircraft must have a pilot.

I just think that there are billions and billions and billions of variables involved in the evolution and composition of a sophisticated life from. Intelligent tool users need only share a tiny number of traits in common with human beings.... All their other traits may vary.

If accounts of encounters with grays, reptilians, or other humanoid aliens were really true, then I would have to suspect that the aliens are actually from the earth, or that they are putting on a kind of human-like facade for some reason.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Tearman there are various theories, and while at first it may seem ludicrous, it all makes sense to me. The fact that there are many 'humanoids' reportedly visiting earth doesn't mean alien life solely composes of humanoids, if anything one can infer that there are far greater number of aliens species of animals stuck on other planets that may or may not be intelligent.

Why are they humanoid? Intelligence isn't the only thing that is needed for technological advancement capability, biological framework is needed for the manufacture and manipulation of tools to build things, including spacecraft that can traverse interstellar space.

For example Dolphins maybe arguable as intelligent as Human beings, but their flippers and lack of locomotion means they are unable to manufacture tools, and currently are stuck in the ocean without the technology help their own situation.

No matter how smart Dolphins are, they simply can't do anything.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by redrezo]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

This is a matter of perception; the medieval peasant would call the helicopter a demon because that all at that time he could relate too.

I can’t help but sympathies with Hawkwind. Simply because this is one of the possibly two realities that we see in our society today.

We have unexplainable things seen in our skies by reliable people so we do our best to find a logical conclusion to these phenomena.

At the same time we have our boffins telling us that these tings do not exist.

It simply means that you have to favor one or the other.

I go with this, TPTB are lying.

The only question after that is what about.

Interesting, hawkinds has a point but he goes to an extreme. Though the term boffins? I've never heard that before, I always forget not everyone is around here from california.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The key to all this is in our own DNA. The human species is itself partly alien to this planet. There are genes that we have that are unique to humans. Maybe the capability to comprehend complex mathematics and languages. I mean, humans are totally alien to this planet. Extraterrestrial beings are the missing link that the theory of evolution cannot explain.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I am going to talk in the here and now and what I write can be taken however by whoever.

The truth of just about everything alien is right out in the open but people just aren't ready to accept it.

Yes it's just that plain and simple and there will always be people that will use belittling words to make this subject go nowhere.

There are many right here on ATS that stopped sharing because of ignorant peoples here and its a shame because you would learn something that you crave to learn.

But hey what do I know

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join