It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.A.A.R.P causing earthquakes and volcano's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Once the Alaskan weather dominator is complete, you pesky ATS kiddos will be dealt with Huahahaha!~ I actually take issue with Phage obviously just making things up to support himself wth absolutely zero scientific evidence! I propose he is actually an evil overlord who is building his own HAARP weapon and is simply trying to throw us off his trail!

Kidding aside, I have to side with Phage here. As much as I would like to think that HAARP is some super special magical weapon and we are all heroes for exploiting this evil invention, it has never proven itself to be capable of causing things that already happen in nature to happen in certain locations or more frequently. While it can be argued that there is no proof showing HAARP isn't capable of such a thing, why not question the earthquake causing properties of puppies and kittens while we're at it?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

I think long time ATSers are use to people like me posting simple questions and then suddenly jumping on them with ridiculous theories.
I am new here and can understand them being a little defencive, but I am not one of them posters. I just ask questions because I'd like answers.

Phage, man he got a star for just saying "OK"
I think he gets stars just for logging on...

He is very clever or very good at copy/paste, maybe both.
Personnaly I'd like to see a few of his posts start with "I think" or "In my opinion" People do respond better being questioned rather than being told..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
from the wiki page on geomagnetism:

The field is similar to that of a bar magnet. The Earth's magnetic field is mostly caused by electric currents in the liquid outer core. The Earth's core is hotter than 1043 K, the Curie point temperature above which the orientations of spins within iron become randomized. Such randomization causes the substance to lose its magnetization.

Convection of molten iron within the outer liquid core, along with a Coriolis effect caused by the overall planetary rotation, tends to organize these "electric currents" in rolls aligned along the north-south polar axis. When conducting fluid flows across an existing magnetic field, electric currents are induced, which in turn creates another magnetic field. When this magnetic field reinforces the original magnetic field, a dynamo is created which sustains itself. This is called the Dynamo Theory and it explains how the Earth's magnetic field is sustained.

i'm not sure why an electrically charged ash cloud would be such a mystery to those who work as scientists and those who report science to the masses! geomagnetism is not a new idea in and of itself as well as how it is connected with the convection system under the earth's crust.

from www.nationalatlas.gov:

The Earth's magnetic field is generated within its molten iron core Geomagnetic models form the foundation of traditional, compass-based navigational systems. These models provide a picture of the Earth's magnetic field and how it varies from one point on the Earth's surface to another.

where does the Earth get its magnetic charge?

The Earth's magnetic field is generated within its molten iron core through a combination of thermal movement, the Earth's daily rotation, and electrical forces within the core.

lava is electrically charged just by virtue of being molten rock!

perhaps it was more an issue of the electric charge being of an unexpected nature or intensity?

if so, still not anything to cause alarm. from the same site:

The intensity and structure of the Earth's magnetic field are always changing, slowly but erratically, reflecting the influence of the flow of thermal currents within the iron core. This variation is reflected in part by the wandering of the North and South Geomagnetic Poles. Because a wide range of commercial and military navigation and attitude/heading systems are dependent on models of the magnetic field, these models need to be updated periodically. The magnetic field's strength and direction and their rates of change are predicted every 5 years for a 5-year period.

there's a lot of geo-disturbance going on right now, it seems. but it might be something to do with the swapping of north and south. Magnetically, that is.
We know that the poles switch polarity because of the evidence of the rocks on the sea floor. What we don't know is what happens outwardly on the Earth when such a thing takes place. This very unknown has engendered a huge amount of speculation and internet conversation, as we all know. The theories are various and wide-ranging.

When North Goes South

that's a link to some new information i just came across. i think it is possible that what is happening is the manifestation of the switch of polarities in the geo-magnetic system of our planet.

Not H.A.A.R.P. - i agree with the other posters in that it is not capable of producing earthquakes. the Earth is a massive object with its own dynamics going on inside and it would take a whole heck of a lot more than messing with the ionosphere in a small area to cause deep rumblings of bedrock within.

the so-called "powers-that-be" don't have near the power that many would believe that they do.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Unless I use external quotes everything I post is my opinion or my interpretation. Of course it is! It is ridiculous to expect an "IMHO" as a disclaimer to everything someone posts.

Need I remind you who started our little sparring match? Who thought it appropriate to parse whose statement (complete with challenge)?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Now an adult debate is a "sparring match"
Well I should leave ATS because I cam here to learn and debate, not fight..

If you took my comments as anything but friendly question then I am sorry..

[edit on 28-5-2010 by virgom129]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by SweetRevenge

That was me!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

lol, good work.
BTW, how to I post someones post like you did.

I'm just using copy/paste and it doesnt show properly.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

If you took my comments as anything but friendly question then I am sorry..

[edit on 28-5-2010 by virgom129]

Care to revise that statement Phage..

What school did you learn english at Phage....

Doesn't matter how you twist it

I think he gets stars just for logging on...

He is very clever or very good at copy/paste, maybe both.

Apology accepted.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

All true and I stand by every comment as I interpret them..
Maybe its the quick type/post that I do...

Maybe I need to clarify my meaning more..

Ohh, accept maybe the English school one was a little off but I was just saying they were Restricted, which I proved they were...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Apology accepted.

Before you ask virgom, I starred that one.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

lol, I think thats great...

But I really do just mean to ask sensible questions..
And I do not mean to upset ATSers like you or Phage..

BTW, he doesnt control his stars, I know that....

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

lol, good work.
BTW, how to I post someones post like you did.

I'm just using copy/paste and it doesnt show properly.

Virgom129.....

You should start to use the "Reply" & "Quote" buttons.

If you can't make sense of it at first, U2U me & I'll get you started

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

THankyou

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

THankyou

No, no, no.....not like that!

What have you done now?

There's a tutorial video.....

U2U me & I'll link you to it & then help you if that doesn't work.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

OK

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

OK

Virgom129.....

No.....that's still not right.

Listen....I'll U2U you now.....I just wanted you to do it so I could see if you know how to U2U.

Look for the red "U2U" button on the control bar at the top of the page. Click on it & you'll see my U2U.

Cheers mate

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by virgom129

No idea why you didn't think of it yourself.

I would have thought you'd have found out what powered HAARP, since you're discussing it's output capabilities.

Maybe they got a nuclear reacter tucked away somewhere eh?

This from an old WIRED article on HAARP

One of the first ideas came mid-decade from Bernard Eastlund, a physicist working for oil-and-gas conglomerate Atlantic Richfield. Arco had the rights to trillions of cubic feet of natural gas under Alaska's North Slope. The problem had always been how to get that gas to the port at Valdez. Eastlund had a better idea: Use the gas onsite to fuel a giant ionospheric heater. Such a facility, he wrote in a series of patents, could fry Soviet missiles in midflight or maybe even nudge cyclones and other extreme weather toward enemies. That's right: weaponized hurricanes.

I have read this reference to all that gas powering the HAARP project in more than one place, so I am interested to learn that they have diesel generators there. Would you mind posting a link to your source?

Regards

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by V1g0r0u5

Seems I was mistaken about the number of generators..but they are diesel:

Four additional diesel-generators were taken out of storage, refurbished and installed in the power plant at the facility. The engines and their associated components including the mufflers and stacks were modified to meet exhaust emission and acoustic noise requirements. Following completion of this work in 2006, the HAARP Research Station now has an installed power generation capability of approximately 12.5 MW.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks, only the second ATS member I've seen say the actually made a mistake..There is hope yet

So Phages theory of maximum output capacity at 3.6 is a little off??

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Is HAARP causing all the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions this year? Just a few thousand of them? A few hundred? Or only one or two?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join