It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.A.A.R.P causing earthquakes and volcano's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Might as well be saying that we should prove that microwave ovens don't cause earthquakes or that a race of Goblins isn't shaking the Earth.

When people make absurd speculative claims based on nothing THEY hold the burden of proof.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

When people make absurd speculative claims based on nothing THEY hold the burden of proof.

Titen-Sxull.....

I challenge you to PROVE that!

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Thunderstorms and volcanic clouds (with their own lightning bolts) have been around for a while longer than HAARP, it's safe to say that they don't need any help from HAARP to develop their electrical charges.

Thunderstorms and volcanic clouds occur in the lower atmosphere, Many tens of miles lower than the regions of the ionosphere which HAARP is capable of affecting.

The basic mechanism of electrical activity in thunderclouds and volcanic clouds is understood, many of the details are not. This is exactly one of the reasons the researchers sent balloons into the cloud, to learn more. This is why thunderstorms are still studied. A lot is known, but not everything.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Like I said, I have no opinion on what HAARP is or isn't doing,
but with your addmission of us not knowing everything,
doesn't it worry you a little what they are doing?

Yes I have looked at the official site. They are not allowed to excede certain levels. But I'm just reminded of the scientists that split the first atom...They didn't know if or when it would stop but still did it.

Hope you see what my concerns are...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

No. It doesn't worry me much. Compared to what the Sun does every day (and even more so on some occasions), I don't see a problem.

There is no output level that HAARP is restricted to other than what their transmitters are capable of producing. The installation is at its design capacity with no plans of increasing it.

I think you're talking about the first atomic bomb test. There was a bit of speculation about a nuclear reaction being induced in the atmosphere. Edward Teller showed that it was an extremely unlikely event. So unlikely that it was not of any real concern. As you say, it turned out that it doesn't happen.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There is no output level that HAARP is restricted to other than what their transmitters are capable of producing. The installation is at its design capacity with no plans of increasing it.

Care to revise that statement Phage..

Exert from HAARP website.
HAARP can operate only at power levels, frequencies, and durations that have been reviewed and approved by the regulatory oversight agencies as stated in the EIS. The active voluntary and formal independent oversight assures the safe operation of HAARP.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Why would I revise that statement? The design specifications were based in part on the EIS. I must have misunderstood when you said:

They are not allowed to excede certain levels.

I thought you meant that they were capable of exceeding that level but were prevented from doing so by regulation.

A high power transmitter and antenna array operating in the High Frequency (HF) range. The transmitter is capable of delivering up to 3.6 million Watts to an antenna system consisting of 180 crossed dipole antennas arranged as a rectangular, planar array.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

The transmitter is used at it's full capacity of 3.6Mw when necessary. It cannot produce more than that.

[edit on 5/28/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My post was correct, not sure how you missunderstood.

Anyways, whos to say they cant increase output given time and money..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The three diesel generators will see to that...

Unless they can somehow magically increase the horsepower of the generators, there is no way to increase the power output.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I told you how I misunderstood.

But the statement you quoted does not say that HAARP is "not allowed to exceed certain levels". It says that the levels it can operate at must be reviewed and approved. There is a difference. A limit is set. Review and approval implies that higher levels could be used. "Can we operate at this level?", "Let's see. Yes, you can." For all we know the approved levels are higher than what they are physically capable of.

Yes, I suppose the output could be increased given time, money, and approval. I don't know what that has to do with the current capabilities.

Your concern is the fear of unknown environmental consequences of the research being done. As I said, it does not concern me and I see no reason for concern. Even if HAARP were a thousand times more powerful than it is, it could not even get close to the effects that the radiation of the Sun produces.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Why didnt I think of that??
They are only allowed 3 generators....Problem solved

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What school did you learn english at Phage....

They are RESTRICTED if you believe their website..

Doesn't matter how you twist it and frankly I wouldn't trust selfregulation anyway...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Self regulated? Maybe you should check the definition. From the page you quoted:

National Telecommunications & Information Administration
Federal Aviation Administration
Environmental Protection Agency
Air Force
Navy
Army Corps of Engineers
National Park Service
Fish & Wildlife Service
US Coast Guard
Bureau of Land Management
Bureau of Indian Affairs
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
Alaska Deptartment of Environmental Conservation
Historic Preservation Office
Alaska Fish & Game
Alaska Department of Natural Resources
Alaska Dept of Community and Regional Affairs
American Radio Relay League
Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
Alyeska
ALASCOM
Community Representative

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No idea why you didn't think of it yourself.

I would have thought you'd have found out what powered HAARP, since you're discussing it's output capabilities.

Maybe they got a nuclear reacter tucked away somewhere eh?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I heard that Alaskan fish and game has a mini haarp ray gun, to shoot poachers and hippies.

[edit on 28/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

THat was basically a footnote to my question on wheather they are restricted, as I say, or not , as you say....

And face it, most on that list would have little impact and the rest are Goverment agencies....Yes, selfregulated I'd bet..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

And face it, most on that list would have little impact and the rest are Goverment agencies....Yes, selfregulated I'd bet..

post by virgom129

This is a serious question not an attack..I am not in the "HAARP Conspiracy" circle.

OK.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Phage

Your wrong, that doesn't explain it

HAARP is a weapon.

Perhaps if your research of HAARP are 10 45 minute long documentaries produced by charlatans, then yes I can see how you believe HAARP is a weapon.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What a well phrased and insightful response..

Well done

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I dont think HAARP is a weapon but I do think the technology is out there to cause enviromental changes.

I remember seeing a Tesla vid, him useing a tinny device and almost bringing down a construction site..Amazing....

BTW, if, and I mean IF the Goverments has this sort of tech it would be well hidden and not have its own website..

But I do honestly worry that some crazy scientist will push the envelope one day and cost us dearly..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join