It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Converted To Islam Last week

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Um, OP, if the girl was hiding her pregnancy, or her beer belly, or whatever, then you should probably edit the original post. Not everyone reads these threads all the way through... :/

Either way, I don't see what's wrong with the girl converting to another religion. Just because Islam/Muslims are notorious for terrorist acts, doesn't mean they're all that way. There are violent people in every faith and culture, why do you think Christianity is attacked so much by atheists? A lot of people kill others in the name of God. Does that make every religion evil?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Robots Steal Emotions

Look to your "right"

It's Hoaxed!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Robots Steal Emotions

Look to your "right"

It's Hoaxed!

I didn't notice that, whoops.
Oh well, at least some of the replies were... interesting.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by Robots Steal Emotions]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
By trying to stop her, it would seem very controlling and somewhat ironic, because that is something that most of us see wrong with Muslims is that they are very controlling of women especially. I would just try to show her examples of why you don't think it is a wise choice.

if you dont stop Them from taking away your freedom.
you will lose all of YOUR freedom.
theu use every trick in the book.
they are a cult at war with us.

hoex or not.
this can and has hapend.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by buddha]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I live in one of those Islamic countries and you'd be surprised at who is trying to immigrate here....especially since the job market for the well-educated is pretty good. But the mid-teens are rocky for everyone. My daughter at that age, having been raised a very liberal Muslim by a father who totally disapproved of scarves, much less complete veiling, announced one morning that she'd decided that she was Wiccan. While her dad choked on his orange juice, I just said "That's nice, dear. Don't tell your grandmother; she's old and there's no reason to upset her."

About ten years down the line, I wouldn't presume to put a religious label on her but she's a well-grounded young woman with an excellent moral compass. Haven't heard of her celebrating around any standing stones at the solstices lately. All religions carry the basis of a good ethical sense, so the labels are pretty irrelevant. And I've met truly evil characters from all the major religions who visibly practice all the (in my opinion) fairly irrelevant aspects faithfully while simultaneously behaving truly terribly to their fellow humans and non-humans. This too will pass probably. I'd say about August when it gets really hot.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
www.harunyahya.net...

There is nothing wrong with converting to İslam unless being forced to. Try to talk to her in a good manner before prejudging. How do you know that İslam may affect your child in a bad way?In my opinion there are two kinds of Muslims . First Believers from heart , second believers who only inherit their religion and not really into it, careless.Therefore they might behave in a irresponsible way. But again you can't judge a person looking at his religion. Love,peace,good behaviors are all in heart. But as a Muslim teenage girl I know surely that Allah always demands doing good things from humans. If something is sin there is always a sensible answer for it, aaalways. 21. century will be very beautiful İnsaAllah.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
*AHEM* RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, RIGHT?!

Its something how folks EMBRACE religious freedom when it applies to themselves, but DENY religious freedom when it involves another faith!!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Shine71]

In your books, does that include your statement and avatar or is it only applicable to people who actually have a God they worship?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, my brother converted to extreme Islam, he wants to fight jihad and die for the sake of Allah...

I have also met many ordinary Muslims and have found them to be incredibly kind and welcoming...

Most Muslims are very happy and keep to themselves- to enter London Central Mosque on a sunny afternoon is truly a peaceful and humbling experience! Young men sleeping, groups of children praying, elderly muslims quietly having a chat in a corner, its incredibly enlightening when you turn up off a busy London street in rush hour!

Of course, as with other religions, there are extreme inidviduals who ruin it for the rest of them.

My brother is now one of them, and he is from a non-religious and typical British background.

So unfortunately we do need to be on our guards.

I would personally be a little worried if a 16 year old member of my family turned up for breakfast wearing a Burkha, but then I guess you know her best and my opinion is always going to be affected by my own negative experiences!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Personally I found this thread thought provoking, and I think most replies reflect this.
We all at sometime or another be faced with a strange sect or religion /culture that we are ignorant of.
I believe the OP was atttempting to ask "why the covering" when it does pose a security risk?
But I guess its up to us as individuals to decide.
The Burqa and Islam are valid culturally, so perhaps the oP albeit unwittingly has missed the point himself.
We should repect all human beings and their differences.
Its up to the lawmakers to way up the risks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join