It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's .gov put Police Cameras in Tampa neighborhoods!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Obama has turned Big Brother into Big Bro', yo. First stop: poverty areas. Way to go Mr. "1st Black President".

Where do you think the cameras in my city are? The rich neighborhoods? NOPE!!!! So how did Obama get them to install cameras in my ghettos during Bush's presidency?

The FedGov paid for the cameras, and you can bet they're hooked into Homeland Security data centers.

Did Obama start the Federal Government or Homeland Security?

I am still not catching your link between this and Obama. This is about TPTB in general.

Maybe you can explain. Is Obama a time traveler?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I read this and the crazy conspiracy theorist in me comes alive...

What if this has nothing at all to do with Big Brother? We keep hearing about Tampa lately. Oil is coming to Tampa. It's gonna rain oil in Tampa. Tampa is going to be evacuated. Now cameras in Tampa.

What if the oil does make it to Tampa and the Feds already know it? Maybe the cameras are set up so they can see how the lab rats react.

Most of the oil buzz is pure fear monger hype. I've been challenging the promoters of these ideas to show historical examples of evacuations over oil. They act like its radioactive fallout or something.

For over a year though, Hillsborough County sheriffs have been wearing olive drab military fatigues out on patrol. They don't always wear them. They're 'official' outfits are clean white uniform button down tops, with sharp green shiny pants. The first time I saw them they were out like gangbusters. It was CRAZY. It'd take me 20 minutes to try and describe it. Another time I was at a Army Surplus store and one came in. The next time somebody had plowed into a cop car in the middle of the intersection, and there were about 10 of them all stomping around out there.

Another thing is the 2012 RNC convention is to be in Tampa, and the RNC / DNC ordeals always bring police state overdrive.

Consider that the MacDill Air Force base is in Tampa, which is the home of CENTCOM and SOCOM.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So you're saying they have the cameras in residential neighborhoods, where they can zoom into peoples windows? Take a look at my site. I'm all over everything Big Bro', and have yet to see this. They're everywhere all over intersections, highways, and so on. I was in one of the first areas in the US to get the street cameras back in '98, and haven't had reports from my friend back there about them being in neighborhoods.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So you're saying they have the cameras in residential neighborhoods, where they can zoom into peoples windows?

Uh yeah. Did I say something confusing?

Take a look at my site. I'm all over everything Big Bro', and have yet to see this. They're everywhere all over intersections, highways, and so on. I was in one of the first areas in the US to get the street cameras back in '98, and haven't had reports from my friend back there about them being in neighborhoods.

So you are basing this all on your home neighborhood? Well I can then base it on mine. Now we negate each other. It kind of sounds to me like you do not know much about urban areas. How much time do you spend outside of the suburbs?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Talk is cheap. Why don't you enrich this with some sort of proof? Anywhere in the US for that matter.

Besides, even if you can, I thought Obama was going to save us all and change the despotic federal government? What happened?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Talk is cheap. Why don't you enrich this with some sort of proof? Anywhere in the US for that matter.

What would you need as proof?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I sure managed to find an article before making a claim.

Besides, even if you can, I thought Obama was going to save us all and change the despotic federal government? What happened?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I sure managed to find an article before making a claim.

You will have to forgive me. It is common knowledge to me so the thought to look it up never occurred to me until you asked for proof. Honest. Please accept my apology.

How is this?

An article discussing the implementation of the cameras and discussing their capabilities. Article date, June 2008.

Mapping the Police State: Police Cameras, Maps, and You!

Here is an article discussing the effect it has had on the neighborhood I grew up in.

The neighborhood was one of the first to receive surveillance cameras to combat street-corner drug dealing. But reaction to the cameras has been mixed, Afoh-Manin says.

CITY News

I hope that helps.

Besides, even if you can,

Ah, already conceding I can and will prove my claim so that you do not have to acquiesce after? That would be clever were it not for the transparency inherent within such an act. Cute though.

I thought Obama was going to save us all and change the despotic federal government? What happened?

You did? Why did you think that? Why are you saying to me as if it is my fault you thought that?

edit to bold "neighborhood"

[edit on 29-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Wow that sure looks like what we have here now. I'm surprised I've yet to see images or articles about these so far. Especially with the box, strobe light and police logos. I have a huge 'radar screen' for this stuff and managed to not spot it.

One thing though, you're articles don't mention anything about the federal government being the ones spending the money to pay for it...

----
I say that because that's how the rockstar media and american idol social structure have billed his every being. But on virtually every count he's lied and done the same thing.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I agree with you KJ Gunderson! It wasnt Obama that put these cameras in my town it was my city council that gave the ok and they teamed up with the police.... Leave Obama out of this!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The worst part about this is that the company that installs the cameras for free gets 50% of the ticket fines paid to the city

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

Nice try. The cameras in KJ's city were installed by the police. Here in Tampa Obama's federal government paid for the cameras. All to get more eyes for their 1984 Big Bro' Homeland inSecurity network.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Whatever dude, if you knew anything you would know that the FEDERAL government is another entity in itself. It is the elite, it is the shadow government. The federal government has control of our currancy does it not(Federal Reserve.. FEMA=FEDERAL Emergency Management Agency) There for they are the ones with the real power to do what they will, Obama has nothing to do with this.....He and every other president is an escape goat.. U know this, I know this... case closed.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The federal government is probably not the biggest worry folks. We need to follow the money, see who owns companies that make these cameras.

Follow the money. Obama's a pawn.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by StarrGazer25

Nice try. The cameras in KJ's city were installed by the police. Here in Tampa Obama's federal government paid for the cameras.

Do you see what you just said?

Are you purposely trying to deceive people or just mixing up words?

Installed and paid for are two different things.

The cameras in my city were not installed by the police. Your cameras were not installed by federal agents. That work was done by state and city employees.

The same federal government that paid for your cameras paid for mine. The only difference was that Bush was president when it happened here.

If you insist on making this about the president, why won't you tell us why you believe that with all the camera'd up cities all over the country, Obama feels a personal need to install cameras in your city.

Any theories?

All to get more eyes for their 1984 Big Bro' Homeland inSecurity network.

Ah, the Homeland Security department implemented by Obama? I get it now. Obama bailed out the banks and finance companies. Obama started homeland security. Obama started two wars and is letting our soldiers die over lies. Obama let 9/11 happen. Gotcha!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

One thing though, you're articles don't mention anything about the federal government being the ones spending the money to pay for it...

Who do they say paid for it and from what funds?

HINT: New York State is and has been B-Roke!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

UH OH

President Bush....2.57 TRILLION for survelliance in cities. 2 BILLION to local cities for cameras...5.1 MILLION grant by the DHS for Chicago cameras...What's that date again?

Yikes...I didn't know Obama was President in 2005...yeesh I got alot to learn on American history

OP...I'd like you to meet reality....today he is coming in the form of Pres Bush spending 2.5 Trillion doing what you are telling us Obama is doing

Bush = Big Brother

Enjoy since I know you like actual articles and proof

-Kyo

[edit on 4-6-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I didn't see anything about Bush's FedGov paying for 'your' cameras. I did see Obama's FedGov paying for 'mine'.

How hard is this?

The point at this juncture is Obama the messiah only changed Big Brother to Big Bro'.

And Obama isn't opening new investigations, in fact he apparently canned Van Jones for merely supporting the idea of new investigations. Meanwhile he's expanding Bush's wars...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Hey good link!

Except right at the top it says the $2.57T was the entire federal budget, not just the surveillance, but with all of the everything who knows what they've spent by now total. That would be some useful info but hard to tabulate with the military and all.

Bush = Big Brother

Obama = Big Bro'

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I didn't see anything about Bush's FedGov paying for 'your' cameras. I did see Obama's FedGov paying for 'mine'.

Then why can you not just tell me who you did see paying for my cameras?

How hard is this?

I am asking twice now, how hard is that?

The point at this juncture is Obama the messiah only changed Big Brother to Big Bro'.

Again, I am asking three times for you to explain to me how this has anything to do with Obama since he is not the first and will most likely not be the last person who is president while federal funds pay for cameras.

Honestly, how hard is this?

And Obama isn't opening new investigations, in fact he apparently canned Van Jones for merely supporting the idea of new investigations. Meanwhile he's expanding Bush's wars...

I have no clue what that has to do with anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join