It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP And Obama: A Perfect Photo Op of Deception

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I mean put yourself in BPs shoes, you have great records on safty, and are a world leader in oil, nothing like this has ever happend, carry on down this line for yourself and do some weighing up.....

BP has had way to many issues for anyone on the top levels to think that they have great safety records. I weighed up and I would not have made these mistakes in the first place. Covering up mistakes is not an accident, that is pure intention for neglect. The US government should have stepped in and fixed this issue themselves instead of having BP taking there good old time.

Plus BP does not have much of an incentive to clean up the spill, since they are not losing huge chunks of money that they do not have:

The cost per day of the oil spill to BP so far has been $16 million. That number is dwarfed by the $66 million per day the firm made in profit in the first quarter of this year. Indeed, in 2009 BP's total profits were $14 billion. As CNN's Christine Romans notes, even if the cleanup costs were to rise to $14 billion, it would simply mean that BP went one year without make a profit, let alone losing money.
Cost outweighs Profit? Not quite.

If anything this spill should make British Petroleum Louisiana Petroleum when it is all said and done. There lack of respect and pure neglect goes on down a long line of safety violations:

BP is battling a massive oil well spill in the Gulf of Mexico after an April 20 platform blast that killed 11 workers. But the firm has been under intense OSHA scrutiny since its refinery in Texas City, Texas, exploded in March 2005, killing 15 workers. While continuing its probe in Texas City, OSHA launched a nationwide refinery inspection program in June 2007 in response to a series of fires, explosions and chemical releases throughout the industry.

Refinery inspection data obtained by the Center under the Freedom of Information Act for OSHA's nationwide program and for the parallel Texas City inspection show that BP received a total of 862 citations between June 2007 and February 2010 for alleged violations at its refineries in Texas City and Toledo, Ohio.

Of those, 760 were classified as "egregious willful" and 69 were classified as "willful." Thirty of the BP citations were deemed "serious" and three were unclassified. Virtually all of the citations were for alleged violations of OSHA's process safety management standard, a sweeping rule governing everything from storage of flammable liquids to emergency shutdown systems. BP accounted for 829 of the 851 willful violations among all refiners cited by OSHA during the period analyzed by the Center.

Top OSHA officials told the Center in an interview that BP was cited for more egregious willful violations than other refiners because it failed to correct the types of problems that led to the 2005 Texas City accident even after OSHA pointed them out. In Toledo, problems were corrected in one part of the refinery but went unaddressed in another. Jordan Barab, deputy assistant secretary of labor for occupational safety and health, said it was clear that BP "didn't go nearly far enough" to correct deficiencies after the 2005 blast.

"The only thing you can conclude is that BP has a serious, systemic safety problem in their company," Barab said.
BP- Dismal Safety Record

and another

BP is battling a massive oil well spill in the Gulf of Mexico after an April 20 platform blast that killed 11 workers. But the firm has been under intense OSHA scrutiny since its refinery in Texas City, Texas, exploded in March 2005, killing 15 workers. While continuing its probe in Texas City, OSHA launched a nationwide refinery inspection program in June 2007 in response to a series of fires, explosions and chemical releases throughout the industry.

Refinery inspection data obtained by the Center under the Freedom of Information Act for OSHA's nationwide program and for the parallel Texas City inspection show that BP received a total of 862 citations between June 2007 and February 2010 for alleged violations at its refineries in Texas City and Toledo, Ohio.

Of those, 760 were classified as "egregious willful" and 69 were classified as "willful." Thirty of the BP citations were deemed "serious" and three were unclassified. Virtually all of the citations were for alleged violations of OSHA's process safety management standard, a sweeping rule governing everything from storage of flammable liquids to emergency shutdown systems. BP accounted for 829 of the 851 willful violations among all refiners cited by OSHA during the period analyzed by the Center.

Top OSHA officials told the Center in an interview that BP was cited for more egregious willful violations than other refiners because it failed to correct the types of problems that led to the 2005 Texas City accident even after OSHA pointed them out. In Toledo, problems were corrected in one part of the refinery but went unaddressed in another. Jordan Barab, deputy assistant secretary of labor for occupational safety and health, said it was clear that BP "didn't go nearly far enough" to correct deficiencies after the 2005 blast.

"The only thing you can conclude is that BP has a serious, systemic safety problem in their company," Barab said.
Safety, not

Accident - Sh*t Happens - End Of Thread.

But the thing is the accident SHOULD not have happened in the first place and it could have been PREVENTED. All who are responsible should take accountability. If I was in there shoes, I would have sent my own Engineers and fixed it up within a week. There is no reason for this to be going on for this LONG. We have THOUSANDS of people submitting brilliant and rational ideas for BP, however, they have not even been given the proper amount of respect or time to look at. Instead of doing things right the first time, they are continuously making mistakes.

This thread is not even close to over my friend
Nice try though.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Amen, my friend. Even a nice TARnado (second time i posted that)
spawned from a mere force 3 would be a nice chunk of cosmic justice...
or HAARP fart.

Me, I'll vote my holster in November, they already got my wallet.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just learned of Kevin Costner's ocean therapy solutions which is an oil/water separator that BP was supposed to have tested a week after the report was made on Louisiana t.v., ABC news, and other sources. What has happened with this test? Does anyone know? It was on May 18/19 that the news was aired about this product. Why has so little been said about it?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

Here are some videos of Kevin Costner and John Houghtaling's invention for those of you who may have missed it:

As far as I know I have not heard anything about them, except that BP did receive some. Not sure what they are doing with them though or if I am correct on that.

Costner has 300 of his Ocean Therapy machines in various sizes. The largest, at 21/2 tons, is able to clean water at a rate of 200 gallons a minute - faster than the well is leaking, Houghtaling noted.
LINKY

Seems like they could really make a difference, along with all of the other thousands of ideas... Lets hope they use this stuff.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for posting those Kevin Costner videos - I had been slacking on checking out his solution. It looks good. They should have them near all the shorelines at least, along with the hay... and microbes to gather the oil.

What is this crap that BP has to approve people cleaning up oil on their own beaches? They shouldn't be able to stop you. The most they should be able to do is ask you to sign a waiver and even that shouldn't be mandatory. It's state property not BP property. Tell them to stay out and send them the bill.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sandwiches

I have a feeling some of the governors and county supervisors are working on that scenario as we speak.

I still have to ask, why would the government and BP not want to clean it up? Why the disregard in this nature?

I then come back to the origin of oil. I thought "fossil" fuel could not exist below a certain depth. Because of the nature of oil and its very makeup, oil from fossil sources could not exist down there.

Begs the question, are we supposed to understand the implications?

Google abiogenic oil origin and ask yourself, is this proof or at least a glimmer into the lie that has festered since the discovery of oil?

I mean really, oil has been bubbling up for thousands of years and we are supposed to believe that it comes from only plant and animal sources? I mean if you think about it, it is almost like a fairy tale.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Hey,Myth! great thread! S&F
Of course it was a staged photo op in the end all pollitics are theater as long as the people think that the President and BP will actually do something then they will milk it for all it's worth.As for "End of Thread." how asinine can it get? "oh,well crap happens but since it's not in my backyard who cares?"

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's ridiculous that Obama hasn't opened a criminal investigation into BP yet. I guess he's making sure BP has plenty of time to destroy evidence & get their story straight. Obama has been bought & sold.

BP Beyond Prosecution

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Not true-a criminal investigation has now been ordered.

While I am sure most Brits are behind you guys in their condemnation of BP and also keeping fingers crossed for a quick fix-yesterday it was revealed that BP as one of Britains biggest companies and big player in the FST 100,are prominent in pension funds and investmemts in the UK.
Those who are hoping on BPs Bankruptcy,should think of the repurcussions.

Its too late to be arguing who should have done what-most Brits think that BP is doing all it can to find a solution-its not in their interests to delay that-nor anyone elses.

I have to say that if BP goes to the wall over this-There will inevitably be a backlash that will hurt Anglo American relations-not because Brits did not think BPs actions were not deserving of criticism-but Americas calls for blood.

This is no Leeman Brothers scenario-they deserved to go to the wall.

BP is in a different class.

I know many wont like to read these words-I am telling as is.
I have always supported Americans and continue to do so.
Just that the implications here-are far reaching for both sides.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The spill will stop when Obama gets cap and tax passed, when he has doomed the oil industry in the US, when he has successfully managed to make the US into a thrid world power, and not a minute sooner.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We need to boycott them and all their products and service stations. Here is a link please comment star and flag!!!!!!!!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join