It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP And Obama: A Perfect Photo Op of Deception

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I call bull$h*t on the prez and BP...this is obscene!!

AND...if they really did hire many temporary workers we could make a dent in some specific geographic regions unemployment rates. That would actually make BP and the government look good (for good reason).

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great thread TheMythLives. It really shows the top layer of propaganda used to satisfy the minds of a large portion of the populous. They see the news coverage, see something "being done" and move on with little to no more attention until the next media broadcast tells them what to believe.

Many people, even open-minded people aware of social manipulation, have a hard time understanding why every attempt at clean-up and remedy solutions aren't being exercised to its fullest.

There are many levels of social manipulations at play in every aspect of our lives. Situations like the BP spill can and will be used against us, to gain more control over the general public. The longer it goes on, the more we loose and the more "they" gain.

A previous post mentioned Rahm Emanuel who said, “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." This is what all of it's about to those with global agendas.

There are always global agendas in the minds of those who govern the politicians that govern us. (Otherwise known as those who write the script for the puppet show our politicians star in).

When a crisis like that of BP is kept ongoing, more and more people (ordinary citizens) end up on the loosing side of the equation. As this happens, those with agendas, (the corporate elite) are able to gain massive strides/gains. These gains come in their favourite form, control and power over the public.

Take for instance the following scenarios -

As shoreline communities continue to loose their livelihoods, continue to become more and more desperate for wage earnings etc. These people become increasingly reliable on assistance. They loose control or the ability of being able to take care of themselves, more accurately.

Now they become people with little to no options. If that means being forced into working minimum wage for a "new corporate giant" that roles into town - then they'll have little choice. Now their quality of life is a shadow of what it once was.

If hurricane season comes bringing storms to carry oil and chemical dispersant far in-land, it may very well destroy family farm land, for example. All of a sudden these farming families can't afford to pay their debts because of crop devastation etc. Now they may be forced to sell out their farm land to multinational companies that have been pressuring them to do so for years. Once again, control gained for corporations control lost for the general public who will now be dependant on anything they can get to take care of themselves. They loose the freedom they once enjoyed to provide for themselves and will now be forced into a handout situation or underpaid labour.

These are reasons why the corporate elite have everything to gain from these ongoing crisis' - and the general public have everything to loose. The end goal is to reduce the general public's ability to choose for themselves how they will provide for their own families. Global elites believe that sooner or later everyone will be a part of a system engineered to enslave to public to low wages and perpetual labour, where no one can ever get ahead or willingly choose for themselves how they will live their own lives.

How long will we let the puppet show go on?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'll tell you one thing and you can disagree with this but if you really want to get some action going you hurt these guys in the only place that ever seems to get their attention - their wallets.

Its time to drop these guys like a bad habit and remind them just who here is employed and who are the ones doing the employing. Right now while they are working us over for the whole world to see. There has never been a better time.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, of course, to see how many people have taken this "Op" to trash Obama. I figured on this when I saw the thread title.

The man does not have a crystal ball, and can't see into the future, nor make cataclysmic predictions. He has to act on fact, not speculation.

UP TO NOW. If this mess is not gotten under control with the government completely seizing operations making BP, Gulf, and whoever else needed HIS PUPPETS to get this job done, calling on global assistance if needed, then YES, I will hold the government responsible for the devastation of the Gulf of Mexico, the surrounding areas, the ecosystem, the marine life, job loss, and the whole kit and caboodle.

We need ALL BOOTS ON THE GROUND to get this done. We can't have this.

Another thing (I will start to rant, sigh), if this crappy topkill doesn't work, which it is looking like it's NOT, I bet we have to wait until they get the other rig built to supersede the gusher. That will be completed in MONTHS.

They have to get those apparatus from the Dutch pronto, surround the thing, so they can pick it up as it comes out. If they would start this NOW, get boots on the ground doing clean up on what's already there, then we might have a chance.

(I'm pretty emotional about this...sorry. Anger...tears....anger....tears, rinse and repeat).

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
CNN is trying to spin this as a scam to trick Obama. Just when you think these networks couldn't sink any lower. Oh, poor Obama. Hes such a victim of everything.

CNN Airs Allegations BP Bused In Gulf Workers To Scam Obama

Early in the segment, Cooper said:

A local resident Jerry Lafont (ph) says he saw the whole thing. He snapped a picture of the crews getting out of their hazmat suits and getting ready to leave. He tells us they came in Jefferson Parish school buses pretended -- his words -- pretended like they were working and as soon as the President left everything shut down.

One of our staffers, who was also on the scene corroborates that. He says he has been on Grand Isle for the last three days and has never seen these crews before. Some told -- some told, one of our photojournalists Chris Turner they were on a work release program.

When CNN's Carol Costello asked whether they were there solely for the presidential visit, they told her they were under orders not to say and in fact they would get in trouble if they talked

Houma Today also reported Friday that a witness saw the workers brought in on school buses:

One man, watching a crew of laborers brought on school buses by a BP subcontractor to clean the beach on the Gulf of Mexico side, said it was "amazing what a presidential visit can accomplish."

"I've been here a week and I haven't seen anything like this," said the man, who refused to give his name.

Cooper also said early in the segment:

The allegation is simple, and it's stunning, that BP brought in workers to use as backdrops for the President's visit to Grand Isle lending the impression of a large-scale cleanup. Then, when the President left, so did the workers.

Yes, the allegation is INDEED simple, for it conveniently ignored one key issue: who from Jefferson Parish authorized BP to use its school buses?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Good find! I've been wondering if anything like this has been going on.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
A few questions:

1)What role does department of homeland security play in this major crisis? Shouldn't they be actively involved?

2)How many oil tankers and skimers are in the gulf of mexico participating in the clean-up process.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What the heck? I watched the video in the OP, and I saw the same repeating clips of 2 crews of 5 guys, and 3 guys in a boat.

Thats 13 people, heck lets say 15.

15 people?

Is this a joke? I worked for small a plmbing company that had 5 vans, and employes more people than that.

This is the American government pulling out all the stops, for a photo shoot? I never saw a single picture with more than 6 people in it.

What happened after Obama left. Is it just the 2-3 guys in the John Boat cruising the marshes picking up oil sludged reeds?

When I thought Temp workers bussed in for photo shoot w/ O bama, I was expecting to see an aerial Helicopter shot of miles of coastline, covered with 1,000's of people working.

I'm confused.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

That is very true; however, lets make something extremely clear. The way this was orchestrated was for the sole purpose of appearing as though they were doing something. Not only did they appear there for the President, but they also appeared there for the people not from Louisiana and of course the citizens, who they once again underestimated there intellect. And while you may have only saw 3-6 people, there were over 150+ workers their in different sections of the beach. And of you may have saw or did not see, did you believe that progress was being made when Obama was there and those clips appeared? I asked some of my friend not from Louisiana and they said they were convinced BP was actually doing something right... Until I brought them to this thread. The least they could have done was stayed about 2 hours after and made it appear that they were at least "trying". I believe you may have missed the point, respectfully.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
They shot themselves in the head, we didn't. Off shore deals are cancelled and we demand your books.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

Did anyone see the article posted in Yahoo's Finance section the report that Congress will be looking to increase what they call Oil Cleanup Tax? It may not seem like much, but it will add up in the long run. Which will pretty much increase the price of everything. Living here in Hawaii we see that consistantly. Everytime the fuel charges go up, so do the shipping costs, which equate to higher prices in the stores, local eateries, and more. Domino effect... And when this oil spill problem eventually goes away, the taxes are still left in place. Similar situation with 9-11. All those new laws implemented in order to protect us from terrorism. We lost a lot of rights with those new laws...

Funny how people sit back and complain about the government, talk about the conspiracy theories abound. Yet nobody really seems to be standing up and really doing anything about it... If I lived in that neck of the woods down there and would probably be downright pissed about things, I would be starting a huge protest. Making some real noise... Screw the jerks who won't let you film or take pictures. Go underground! Get the truth out there and get people pissed off enough to do something about it!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Obama is a W*nker and needs to grow some balls. Yes, he's in BP's pocket, but I thought he was the president of the US?? Doesn't he care about "his" country

People can flame George W, but I'm sure he would have done a better job! I guess they are all just flakes and care about their own pockets....It's so sad. The US people elected this guy, hoping for "change", and nothing has changed!!

Sad, Sad, Sad....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

You are sooooo Correct I bet McCain would have his own Command center down there by now....By the way were`s Waldo (Joe Biden) Have not heard a WORD from him. If BHO could not be there at least he could send his 2nd in command. Bet Palin would not be hiding out...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Reaper_Angel
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

You are sooooo Correct I bet McCain would have his own Command center down there by now....By the way were`s Waldo (Joe Biden) Have not heard a WORD from him. If BHO could not be there at least he could send his 2nd in command. Bet Palin would not be hiding out...

Exactly! Where's Biden? Probably kissing some BP executive ass. These guys are sitting around, phony comments and statements.... GET off your butt and do something!! POTUS - What a joke

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Everytime I see good for NOTHING Obama tip toe and stutter over the question of is he doing enough I just wanna see him take a dive into gulf and swim with the fish and turtles that are as dead as his campaign slogans. What exactly has this guy done? Nothing. What happened to "change we can believe in" and "YES WE CAN!" He gave so much hope! So much promise from a guy who made everyone think wow he really understands the nations problems. He is a hypocrit and I honestly cannot find anything this guy has done well accept for public speaking. He doesnt even try. Anything is better then nothing and hearing Nungusser beg. He could have created jobs with the cleanup efforts. I guess the unemployed are probably better off spending their obama bux extensions. Maybe that last statement wasnt fair, but what is the point in letting the oil hit our beaches and doing NOTHING!!! We bend over backwards for other countries during natural disasters and our own shorelines are under attack. Our fishing industry and tourism are suffering along with the dying animals. Obama you are a joke. How can you live with yourself proving to all that your speeches where just speech, thats all it was. Empty promises of a better administration then the last. Everyone should just make him look like a the fool that he is and just go a do the cleanup without the govt and show them we dont need them.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Interfacer]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Double face palm

Really not sure whats going on with this subject anymore.

Sounds as if people are suggesting it was all on purpose, and BP do not wish to plug the hole or at least care enuff to stop it or clean it up?, thats wot we all do when theres a hole in are pockets and money continues to spill out right? ah forget about it, its only change. yeah sure!, which in turn makes me lose interest in the entire topic because of its nonsensical logic and pure guess work.

Sure it is BPs fault for not taking the proper & safe procedure but its not only theres, its the lax micky mouse safty regulations that aloud for BP to bypassed this in the first place. so really who's fault is it? if someones child got hurt under my supervision & rules IN MY HOUSE its my fault simple as that, i should have been watching theres just no excuse!

I mean put yourself in BPs shoes, you have great records on safty, and are a world leader in oil, nothing like this has ever happend, carry on down this line for yourself and do some weighing up.....

Accident - Sh*t Happens - End Of Thread.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
glad 2 see u americans handling this well...
lmfao

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So, im reading through this and it got me thinking. What if...There is some new secret technology that creates free energy. and there is some actual threat outside of this world (asteroids, UFO's how knows)
So maybe this is a way to release the technology:
Step 1: Drive prices of oil incredibly high
Step 2: "Research" new energy technologies that do not rely on oil
Step 3: Release it into the public as if its "new"
Step 4: Business as usual
Bonus step: Profit

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Glad to see there are people who know so much about the topic at hand to contribute intelligently and usefully to the thread! LMAO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join