It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New, Highly-Effective Ebola/Hemorrhagic Fever Therapy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I stumbled across this article while I was having lunch, and I thought it might interest a few of the more scientifically minded posters here. It seems virologists have found a new means of treating Ebola, and possibly other related hemorrhagic fevers like Marburg. Essentially, they are injecting individuals known to be infected with a super-concentrated dose (or doses) of the virus's own genetic information, attached to fat droplets. The idea behind this is, since the RNA is exactly the same as the virus's, it will have a high affinity for the viral RNA polymerase, the machinery that translates the RNA into a protein, which causes the typical symptoms and death. However, the addition of the fat droplet causes the new RNA to get stuck in the polymerase, thus shutting it down and preventing the virus from replicating. THe body's own defenses can then take their sweet time eliminating infected cells one by one without any threat of the virus spreading in the meantime. Neat, huh?

Ebola Therapy

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Star & flag from me

I was just thinking of posting the same news.

Amazing that one of he deadliest viruses on Earth can be put on hold just like that.

Now just hope they won't need it if it's finally finished.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Hello,
I would like to apologize to you for the horrible things i said and let you know that you most certainly didn't deserve it.

I sometimes loose sight of how just about all of the things i've said here would be taken by me if the shoe were to be on the other foot.

The fact of the matter is that i think that you are VERY smart and i see you as someone who truely likes learning knew things and thats great.

I have been to absolute war with people & groups of people the likes of which you couldn't possibly even imagine and for me to go and loose it like that with you and that Maybe, maybe not person... Well... there was absolutely no excuse for it.

Nice thread you started here to by the way.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

No worries, alpha. I didn't take any of it personally, though I do still strongly disagree with nearly everything you've posted.

Also, sorry for taking so long to respond to your post. I was in Russia visiting family for the past two weeks and just hadn't had the time to check this site.

join