It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's Effort to Plug Oil Leak Suspended a Second Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

BP's Effort to Plug Oil Leak Suspended a Second Time

www.nytimes.com

HOUSTON — BP’s renewed efforts at plugging the flow of oil from its runaway well in the Gulf of Mexico stalled again on Friday, as the company suspended pumping operations for the second time in two days, according to a technician involved with the response effort.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't have much to say about this except to pass on the breaking news and say that many people who know about drilling have serious doubts this would work. I think the military will be take over and nuke it. Of course it is nearly impossible to have any confidence in anything BP or the gov says about this epic calamity. It is very possible this is beyond their control and that is the very thing they want to hide at all costs.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Has anyone from BP or the Government come out and say that this indeed is working?

Why did they suspend it? I cant click on the article right now

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Also, I think 'Admiral' Allen of the Coast Guard knows about as much as we do. He is not on the same page as BP or the rest of the gov chain of command. was saying this morning basically everything was okay and the oil had been stopped. This guy is destined for the jack-@$$ hall of fame.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Government personnel will report to the media exactly what the corporations tell them to say. After all, their economic model is far more important than consumers... they can always breed more consumers....

It makes you wonder about how deeply corporations are entrenched in our halls of power..., pretending to 'serve'.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maybe they will throw more golf balls down there, i'm sure the CEO of BP has lots of those lying around.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Has anyone from BP or the Government come out and say that this indeed is working?

Why did they suspend it? I cant click on the article right now

YES!! Two days in a row, the Admiral of the Coast Guard has come out and called it a success! Both statements were later retracted as "premature."

What the hell is going on? Is BP telling the Coast Guard something to buy time and then backing down from it? Are they trying to make the government look stupid? Or, is the government really that stupid all on their own?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
MSNBC is still updating that us official says "oil flow has been stopped..." www.msnbc.msn.com...

but NYT.com is clearly saying this is not the case. the military will take over after this weekend and then we are in a whole new ballgame.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey BP, throw more golf balls down there, it might work this time. IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN. The death and disease is comming to a beach near you. Dead fish, plants, animals, Oh and oil to burn in your lungs. Does anyone have a mask?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.
I think the military will be take over and nuke it.

This option has been kicked about quite a bit. Is there any evidence it's really a viable option? The site is about 40 miles from the coast, just curious as to the logistics of nukin' it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join