It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diff'rent Strokes actor Gary Coleman dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
News just released , CNN say's Gary Coleman died in hospital on Friday after suffering a brain hemorrhage .

Coleman, 42, was hospitalized at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center on Wednesday after suffering a head injury following a fall at his home near Provo, according to US media reports. Coleman's manager John Alcanter confirmed to AFP earlier Friday that the actor had been in a critical condition after suffering a brain hemorrhage and was unconscious on life support.

R.I.P Gary
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c18661837bf.jpg[/atsimg]
uk.news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by gortex]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
was he still married to that white gal? i wonder if she got some cash.. i never thought she really loved him.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"What you talkin bout Willis"sorry to see him i go well there should be a diffrent stokes marathon soon

R I P Gary Coleman

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
He didn't deserve all the abuse he received his whole life...he was used and thrown out (by his parents no less)--not a dignified life for anybody. He deserved better.

He was the subject of so much ridicule, he was willing to earn his living and leave his stardom behind him, a very noble venture. Now he has found peace.

RIP Gary Coleman.

[edit on 5/28/10 by Tharsis]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
so, he was really/chronologically 10 yrs old when the show began in '78

i thought i heard tales he was a teen ager playing a 6 yo old role, because he had a stunted growth/age complication.

the news is confusing... did he have a brain hemorrhage condition before he hit his head or did the hemorrhage result from the blow & then kill him?

lotta brain hemorrhages being reported lately?
wonder if its age or something common, like in our diets?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Watching Different Strokes is one of my earliest memories...

Rest in peace, Gary...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

You and me both.
See ya in the next life Gary.
RIP.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Damn, poor little Gary. He is as tall as a giant now.

Rest in peace Gary, we'll all miss him.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What is up with all the celb deaths lately?

I'm sorry to see you go, Gary.... you will always be remembered!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It says his wife and her father were at the hospital when he was taken off of life support here

Gary Coleman is dead. He was taken off life support on Friday morning and passed away, both TMZ and Radaronline.com first reported. His wife Shannon Price and her father were at the hospital.
more
I was listening to the news, knew he was in the hospital and that was it until I saw this thread. Sad.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
He was only 42, ..... sigh.

Some star's only get to shine for so long, .... even brown, dwarf stars.

After everything in his life, the only thing Gary ever wanted was respect. He became the butte of hollywoods jokes, running for california governor, becoming a security guard. He couldn't even get a decent acting job unless he was playing himself in some type of joke.

Even though it was only a show, Different Strokes helped erase the imaginary line between white and black people.

On this side Gary was small, but he's on the other side now, looking down at the world sayin " Who's small now MuthaF***a's " !!!!!

and there's Abe Lincoln there too, and he's following around Gary going " come on, say it one more time" ... come on .... watcha talking bout.....??

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Indeed tragic, to have to die from a brain hemorrhage. I liked the guy, he was a part of my child hood. Now he's free.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow. Sad news. And didn't Dana Plato's son just die? What IS up with all the celebrity deaths lately?

Gary was a great actor. He will be missed.

RIP Gary Coleman

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What you talkin bout gortex?
2nd line (to be reserved as a booster seat.)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
damn the nerve of the father showing up after what they did to the brotha. Gary is at least in a better place than this latrine of a world.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's a shame that he lived such a short life.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Growing up, the 70's sitcoms were a part of many of our lives. It seems such a short time ago. My brothers and I used to watch. Those were the good days. So sad. RIP.

new topics

top topics

join