It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anchor Babies are Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

It's not working because there is not a clear system in place to make it work. A new system will be cruel, at first, but it will be the only way to get the job done. Our country has been too fair, at it's own peril.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by enlighteneddante
KEEP AMERICA AMERICAN!

That's what we're doing.
"American" is a melting pot of many different languages, ethnicities and cultures. That IS America. I think you might mean, is "Keep America White". Too late for that. America started out with white being the minority and that's probably what it's going to be again very soon.

When I use the term Anchor Baby, it's not at all meant to be offensive, but I can see how it might be to some. How about "First-generation American"?
Or "First-generation Citizen"?

Love your posts jam!

[edit on 5/31/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Please re read my post.

As I have been saying over and over again..an American Citizen baby does NOT give an illegal alien mother automatic anything, excpet that chance of being seperated from their children when and if they get deported.

When my two AMERICAN CITZEN brothers turned 21, we could finally after many many years begin the process of having them sponser us for legal residency.

It is a LIE told by people with an AGENDA that an anchor baby confers citizenship to the mother at birth.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Well good for you. It sounds like you followed the laws, by applying for citizenship through sponsorship. At least that seems like what I am reading out of your post.

More power to you, and hope that works out.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Sorry but you said that the illegal parents should be deported and decide to take or leave their children which are US citizens.

I just pointed out that that is already what happens and it hasn't changed the number of illegals entering the US.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No, you misunderstood...we had to wait for 21 years before we could follow the law.

I was an illegal alien for many many years, and eventually took volunatry deportation.

I had planned to use my brothers, for them to sponser me, but you see when they joined the military they had to sign all sorts of offiical papers, my using them as a sponser could have compromised their military careers. I couldn't have that.

My only reason for coming on these threads is to try and inject some facts into the whole debate, especially when it comes to "legal immigration". A vast majority of people have absolutley no idea how difficult it is to come to the US legally. The legal way is out of reach for a vast majority of the people flooding over your borders now, for them to get a little piece of the fabled American pie, they have to sneak into the kitchen and nibble the crumbs which others have discarded.

The system is unfair, and favours people of means, I guess that's the point, keep out the poor, welcome to rich.

Look at this...

You must invest $1,000,000

or...Play for the NFL, or NBA...or perhaps star in some #ty blockbuster and you too can immigrate legally!

Legal immigrants are welcome, if they can kick a ball

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And I replied we need a Better system of managing the problem than what we have now, are we not understanding basics here?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Sorry Merigold, it sounds as though you would like to do right, but rules are rules. Mexico is a beautiful place, why do not the citizens of Mexico and other countries wanting to immigrate work to make their country the kind of place they want to live in?

Why must the USA be open to you, just because you want it?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You really didn't have to wait 21 years the military branches will accept you at 18 sometimes 17.

Members and certain veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to apply for United States citizenship under special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). In addition, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has streamlined the application and naturalization process for military personnel serving on active-duty or recently discharged. Generally, qualifying service is in one of the following branches: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, certain reserve components of the National Guard and the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve.

usgovinfo.about.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

???

What I meant was that the person who could sponser me to begin the road to a legal status must be 21.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

And I replied we need a Better system of managing the problem than what we have now, are we not understanding basics here?

But the betterment that you mentioned is already being done and it isn't making a difference. Gotta find other points to tighten up on cause anchor babies aren't really anchoring anything any more. Marigold's post is a good example.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Coming to America is a privilege, not a right. It should be even more difficult to get in.

We already have enough poor people, and enough on BS social assistance programs. We certainly dont need any more coming here and providing additional mouths for the taxpayers to feed.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Coming to America is a privilege, not a right. It should be even more difficult to get in.

We already have enough poor people, and enough on BS social assistance programs. We certainly dont need any more coming here and providing additional mouths for the taxpayers to feed.

That thinking is part of the problem. The more difficult it is to get in legally the more likely it will be that people enter illegally.

If they enter legally then they are controlled and can be forced to contribute and can also be denied access to certain social assistance programs.

If they enter illegally then there is no control and seeing that they already risk deportation they may think nothing of resorting to illegal activity (false/stolen info on job applications, SS numbers) to secure a job or even criminal activity (theft, drug dealing) to not even have to work.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

No, you misunderstood...we had to wait for 21 years before we could follow the law.

I was an illegal alien for many many years, and eventually took volunatry deportation.

I had planned to use my brothers, for them to sponser me, but you see when they joined the military they had to sign all sorts of offiical papers, my using them as a sponser could have compromised their military careers. I couldn't have that.

My only reason for coming on these threads is to try and inject some facts into the whole debate, especially when it comes to "legal immigration". A vast majority of people have absolutley no idea how difficult it is to come to the US legally. The legal way is out of reach for a vast majority of the people flooding over your borders now, for them to get a little piece of the fabled American pie, they have to sneak into the kitchen and nibble the crumbs which others have discarded.

The system is unfair, and favours people of means, I guess that's the point, keep out the poor, welcome to rich.

Look at this...

You must invest $1,000,000

or...Play for the NFL, or NBA...or perhaps star in some #ty blockbuster and you too can immigrate legally!

Legal immigrants are welcome, if they can kick a ball

Mr. and or Miss, Merigold.
How about, Green Card Through the Legal Immigration Family Equity (LIFE) Act

The Legal Immigration Family Equity (LIFE) Act and LIFE Act Amendments of 2000 (Pub. L. 106-553 and -554) enable certain individuals who are present in the United States who would not normally qualify to apply for adjustment of status in the United States to obtain a green card (permanent residence) regardless of:

The manner they entered the United States
Working in the United States without authorization
Failing to continuously maintain lawful status since entry
To qualify for this provision, you must be the beneficiary of a labor certification application (Form ETA 750) or immigrant visa petition (Forms I-130, Petition for Alien Relative or I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) filed on or before April 30, 2001. In most cases, you must pay an additional $1,000 fee and complete Supplement A to Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to apply under Section 245(i) provisions with your adjustment of status application (Form I-485).

Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program makes 50,000 diversity visas available annually, drawn from random selection among entries of individuals who are from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

How To Get a Diversity Visa

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) holds a lottery each year to determine who gets one of the 50,000 diversity visas available. You must apply through DOS during the online entry registration period, which typically runs from October through December of each year. Diversity visa lottery winners are notified by mail and, if they qualify, are granted a visa. You cannot enter the diversity visa lottery through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

For more information on obtaining a diversity visa, see the “U.S. Department of State: Entering Diversity Lottery” and “U.S. Department of State: How Do I Participate in the Diversity Lottery Program” links to the right.

I ask you, Could your parents have applied for this one?
Green Card Through Registry

Registry is a section of immigration law that enables certain individuals who have been present in the United States since January 1, 1972 the ability to apply for a green card (permanent residence), even if they are currently in the United States unlawfully.

Eligibility Criteria

You may be eligible to receive a green card (permanent residence) under the registry provisions if you meet all of the following conditions:

You entered the United States prior to January 1, 1972
You have resided in the United States continuously since January 1, 1972
You are a person of good moral character
You are not ineligible for naturalization (citizenship)
You are not removable (deportable) under Section 237(a)(4)(B) the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (see “INA” link to the right)
You are not inadmissible under Section 212(a)(3)(E) of the INA or as a criminal, procurer, other immoral person, subversive, violator of the narcotics laws or alien smuggler

Application Process

To apply for a green card under the registry provisions, you need to file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Continued on next post

[edit on 31-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

This is one of my favorites ways to get a Green card:
Green Card for an Informant (S Non immigrant)

An S non immigrant is an individual who has assisted a law enforcement agency as a witness or informant. A law enforcement agency may submit an application for permanent residence (a green card) on behalf of a witness or informant when the individual has completed the terms and conditions of his or her S classification. Only a federal or state law enforcement agency or a U.S. Attorney’s office may submit a request for permanent residence as an S non immigrant on behalf of a witness or informant. The requesting agency must also be the same agency that initially requested S non immigrant status on behalf of the individual. Qualifying family members of the principal S non immigrant may also be eligible to apply for a green card.

Application Process

S non immigrants must go through a two step process to apply for a green card.

Step One – File Form I-854, Inter-agency Alien Witness and Informant Record.
This form is to be completed by the federal or state law enforcement agency or U.S. Attorney’s Office that initially filed for the S non immigrant status on behalf of the individual.

Evidence that the witness or informant has fulfilled his or her obligations as an S non immigrant and provided information about all potential grounds of inadmissibility must be included with the completed and signed Form I-854 application. Failure to disclose all grounds of inadmissibility may result in the alien being removed (deported) from the United States. For more information on the grounds of inadmissibility for S visa non immigrants, please see the Form I-854 instructions.

Step Two – After Form I-854 is approved, file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
Applicants should check box “h” in part 2 of the I-485 application and write “S Non immigrant” or “S-Qualified Family Member” on the line next to box “h.”

Supporting Evidence for Form I-485

You should submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:

Two passport-style photos
Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
Copy of birth certificate
Form I-693, Report of Medical Exam and Vaccination Record
Copy of Form I-94, Entry/Exit Record
Copies of all pages in your passport. If you do not have a passport, you should submit an explanation of why you do not have a passport.
A list showing the dates of all arrivals and departures from the United States while you were in S non immigrant status with an explanation for each departure of why you left the United States;
Evidence of the relationship to the principal S non immigrant witness or informant (e.g., birth certificate, marriage certificate) if you are filing for a green card as a derivative beneficiary of an S non immigrant
Proof of employment
Applicable fees

I guess that is about it. Yes, there are other ways to get a green card, But you require special skills and or a employer is looking to hire and sponsor you.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
When it comes to the law, the context must be looked at fully, as it is what all decisions on legal decisions are based on, from the handing out of punishments, to how the laws are applied in the future. If you choose to ignore the context and historical basis of such, then you take a chance of where a law can be used against a person in a way that it was never intended to be used. The immigration debate is one that has been going on for years, and years, with alot of talk and very little action. As part of that debate the children of illegale immigrants are often caught up in part of the process. The question must be asked what is the reason for such and what would be the end result for such. Now before you turn around and down play this, answer this: If a pregnant woman was to take a risk, so great that the she not only endangers her life, but that of her unborn child, is that person a fit mother? Think about it, she is taking a risk, that could possibly end the life of her and her child with one mistep. Common sense and the actual text of the law would state that the answer is no, she is not a fit mother, and should not be allowed to hold onto her child. There are many cases on the books where children are removed from the home for this exact reason, including mothers who are in prison.
Now here is my thoughts on Anchor babies, and the question of them being citizens of the US. Based off of past experience, where I have seen first hand where a woman, knowing she was pregnant came to the US to give birth as a means to stay here in the USA, that is wrong. For the record the woman was from France, to the thousands of South Korean women who show up in the USA to give birth, but they return with their child, the children being US citizens, that too is wrong as well, as they are using their own children for a political agenda. If the illegale immigrant was to show up, not pregnant and end up having a child on US soil, then I believe that the child should be considered a citizen of the United States, as the mother was not pregnant when she first got here and there for the child should recieve the full protection under the law, but if the mother is already pregnant and shows up, the answer is no, the child should not be considered to be a citizen, as what the woman did was irresponsible and possibly dangerous in the trip here, endangering not only her life but also that of her child. If expectant mother had died on the trip here, then what is the nationality of the unborn child, is it the country whose soil the child died on, or the country of the mother?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join