It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia to ban jeans for women: (what is wrong with these men)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

So you like 'male proportioned' women, do you ?

With little breasts atop --- so you won't need to admit you prefer women who're shaped like men ?

There's a word for that, you know

Maybe you should go learn to read. Then read what i posted and then reply...

I have been writting levis for years asking them to stop making womens clothing larger than a mans size 34.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
See the following article for a glimpse of both sides of this issue. There are a few good points raised for mental fodder...

From momsieinkpot.wordpress.com...

In her article, Whitlock also points out how in Afghanistan, women use the burqa as a strategic way to carry out resistance against the regime that seeks to oppress them. Rather than letting the burqa become a message of said oppression by the Islamic extrimist Taliban government, they utilized it for their own empowerment, “smuggling messages, weapons, and publications” underneath the protective layers of attempts to quiet them."

The question remains - - - do they have the Choice not to wear the Burqa?

The key word in Women's Rights is CHOICE.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Just another attack against women by what I consider to be one of the most repressive religions in the world today. I support freedom of religion. I really do. However it's stuff like this that turns me against Islam.

This is sad. Very sad only.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Clothes are overrated, let's ban them all!

People should be allowed to wear whatever they want (offensive clothing aside), its an area of human freedom no government or religious institution should have say over.

Come on guys its 2010!

Remain Vigilant

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

What would YOU consider "offensive clothing"? Please elaborate. To some, a shirt with an American flag is offensive. To others, bikini's are offensive. In some cultures, women wearing JEANS is considered offensive.

Where do you draw the line? What do you consider 'offensive clothing', exactly?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

Erm...Ku Klux Klan hoods, Nazi Uniforms, clothing with obscenities, sexist, homophobic or racist slogans.

It's really not that hard; using common sense, to judge what other people may find offensive in your own society.

There is no logic behind being offended by jeans on women unless your operating under some outdated and cantankerous model of society.

There is logic however in being offended by some of my examples.

Remain vigilant.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonsaisert
reply to post by The Theorist

Erm...Ku Klux Klan hoods, Nazi Uniforms, clothing with obscenities, sexist, homophobic or racist slogans.

Would those things be offensive in Indonesia?

If I throw a shoe at you would you be humiliated and offended?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Firstly, that's not the question The Theorist asked me, I don't live in Indonesia so it would be poor form for me to say...Do you live in Indonesia?

Secondly, I'd be annoyed if anything but I wouldn't then advocate the passing of a law to ban all shoes in the land.

Remain Vigilant.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Those 3 chicks in the first pic were HOT!!!!!

The next three are NOT!!!!!

Actually I'm in favor of legalizing public nudity. I could never live in those freaky places.

[edit on 5/28/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Firstly, that's not the question The Theorist asked me, I don't live in Indonesia so it would be poor form for me to say...Do you live in Indonesia?

Secondly, I'd be annoyed if anything but I wouldn't then advocate the passing of a law to ban all shoes in the land.

Remain Vigilant.

Sorry - - but I only presented a logical post - point of view. You are the one who mentioned logic.

How can I speak of what is offensive in another culture? How can you?

Women's Rights is about CHOICE. Until women ban together and demand Right of Choice - - - they will continue to be subjected to "man's" idiosyncrasies. Its up to the women.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If the Indonesian Military sexually harasses women demonstrators, so as to intimidate them away from organising and mobilising then it's about far more than just the women making a choice.

In cases where institutionalised violence is permitted I would think that others would be forced to step in if those women are to feel safe making that choice in the first place.

Remain Vigilant

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

Who are you to tell another person what to wear/not wear?

If they want to make an ass out of themselves by wearing a Nazi uniform let them, someone will get sick of it and kick their ass.

Do you support allowing people to be nude in public?

[edit on 5/28/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Clothes are overrated, let's ban them all!

People should be allowed to wear whatever they want (offensive clothing aside), its an area of human freedom no government or religious institution should have say over.

Come on guys its 2010!

Remain Vigilant

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think that the religious leaders in those countries are beginning to see that women are starting to fight for more rights, albeit slowly, there is some signs over there that women are starting to wake up.

So in order to try and stop this before it begins this is what they do,

Ban jeans today because tomorrow it will be slightly shorter skirts, hair dye etc, and believe me nothing gives a woman more confidence then when she is feeling good, and most women feel good when they know they look good. They cant have a bunch of feeling good, confident women going around over there now can they?

ah i'd love someone to try and ban me from wearing jeans, i'd blowtorch them with my cigarette lighter and hairspray from my handbag

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As a woman who wears jeans frequently, I find this gobsmacking. I wear jeans when I'm NOT in the mood for showing off skin. This is why I find Islam distasteful, oppressive and ridiculous.

I can only hope that those women who want to live a life free from chains, or who want future generations of women to live without this bondage, rally together and burn those burqas.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Religion is a pathetic, sick, disgusting thing.

Absolutely.

Nothing more sexy (in casual, public wear at least) than a thin, fit girl who really knows how to wear her jeans.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Maybe you should go learn to read. Then read what i posted and then reply...

I have been writting levis for years asking them to stop making womens clothing larger than a mans size 34.

Ok. Let's break it down ....

You --- state --- that you have been 'writing to Levis for years'

(ok so far ? )

You --- state ---- that for years --- you have been asking Levis ---
to STOP -- making WOMEN's clothes, i.e., stop making Levis jeans for women

(ok so far ? )

You --- state --- that for years you have been asking Levis to STOP making WOMEN's jeans --- which are larger than a men's size 34, i.e., you want Levis to ONLY produce jeans for women which are SMALLER than a men's size 34

(that's what you've written TWICE -- right ? )

and a 'men's size 34' --- is the equivalent to 34 inch waist -- right ?

Except that the waist of jeans is actually worn around the hip area -- right ?

And a woman with a 34 inch hip measurement actually possesses what are sometimes known as 'snake hips' --- right ? A woman with a hip measurement of 34 inches or less is a woman of slender build --- or with a build which could be regarded as a 'boyish figure'

So you've claimed twice that for YEARS (according to you)

you've actually gone to the TROUBLE

of WRITING to a major jeans manufacturer

requesting that they do NOT make jeans for women

who possess larger than a boyish figure ?

For comparison:

Elle McPherson's measurements: 35" hips

Claudia Schiffer's measurements: 36" hips

Kate Moss' measurements: 34" hips

(these are the measurements to which they admit, anyway)

Michelle Obama's hips are almost certainly several inches larger

And Venus William's hip measurement would be larger than Ms. Obama's

So would Hillary Clinton's

So, apparently, you've been writing to Levis requesting they do not make women's jeans which would comfortably fit all but super-models

If that's not what you meant to convey, put the blame where it lies, instead of with the reader

But most intriguing about your posts is that for some reason unexplained, you've been spending your time contacting manufacturers, requesting they do not make jeans for women with typically womanly figures --- and instead want them to make only jeans to fit women with boyish figures

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Dock9]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Too much time on my hands.... Sytx-I think. lol

anyway. I like the harispray defense the best Lady T.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is insane! Just look at that first picture...how could you not want to see that?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, they better start covering the men up 'cause frankly, women are just as likely to leer at a great looking guy...

I will admit it...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join