It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Catches Boy Falling From Escalator (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A shopkeeper in Turkey has become a local hero after rushing to catch a four-year-old boy who fell from the top of an escalator at a shopping mall in Istanbul.

The incident, which was caught on tape, shows the young boy, who was apparently waiting around for his father, clinging to the side of the escalator and riding it to the second floor before dropping off.

"I noticed the child playing near the escalators, there was nothing dangerous at that time," the shopkeeper told reporters. "I turned back to the store and I was told that he was climbing onto the outside of the escalator rail. So I ran outside and saw that he was about to fall down. I have health problems but despite that I did my best to catch him when he fell off and I managed to do so."

Man Cathes boy Falling from Escalator (Video)

----------------------------------------------------------------

That kid is lucky. If the shopkeeper were there just a few seconds later it could of been a tragedy.

Im glad someone actually did something. Nowadays people just stare when they see someone in need of help, and do nothing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Granted the kid did fall but as a result of messing around.

Greatest respect for the guy who caught him but what was that kid thinking? and where were his parents?

Remain Vigilant.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonsaisert
Granted the kid did fall but as a result of messing around.

Greatest respect for the guy who caught him but what was that kid thinking? and where were his parents?

Remain Vigilant.

In the article it says the boy was supposedly waiting for his father.
What I dont understand is, why the boy was waiting alone.

The father should of just took his son with him.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wow...what a hero!!! It was like he was a guardian angel watching and ready to save that little boy. Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How about that man in the white shirt walking right behind the shopkeeper as he caught the boy? He didn't even miss a beat in his step lol.

That just shows you the indifference of some people. If the kid had splattered on the ground, he probably would have just kept on walking.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Luckily someone told the shopkeeper about the boy climbing the rail. And even luckier that it was him who was told. If it was anyone else, who knows? Maybe they just would of went and looked and done nothing.

"I have health problems but despite that I did my best to catch him when he fell off and I managed to do so."

Makes him even more of a hero if you'd ask me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

What was the kid thinking?? C'mon man.....he's a kid....he wasn't thinking....obviously.....I've done dumber things

As for the shopkeeper.....what a grab!!!!!!

That guy can play on my baseball team anytime........friggin beauty catch!

top topics

join