It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf fiasco is so bad, it's funny - literally!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The ludicrousness of this whole Gulf of Mexico fiasco just struck me funny all of a sudden. Sorry, I know human, environmental and economic death and destruction is not funny but the politics of it is so wacked out, I'm having a hard time keeping a straight face about it anymore - it really is humorous - in a macabre way. Let me explain.

First we have BP CEO Downplays Significance of Gulf Oil Spill and Obama: Oil "catastrophe is unprecedented", then Obama: U.S. 'in charge' of oil spill response, US coast guards harass journalists covering BP's oil spill disaster, and Coast Guard Tells Louisiana Residents Oil Spill is not an Environmental Disaster. But, now that the government's in charge, BP says Gulf oil leak is 'environmental catastrophe'.

I guess what comes out of their mouths just depends on who's in charge at the moment.

Now THAT is wacked!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Agreed - It's completely obnoxious.

Did you expect anything else? I sure didn't...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsilon5

I just didn't expect it to be so out-in-the-open obvious that even those snoring are aware of it. My 12 year old daughter, who obviously doesn't pay much attention to this stuff, is even confused by it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This whole fiasco is a sick environmental "relay" with the baton being responsibility and leadership. It ought to be interesting to see who crosses the finish-line with it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
star and flag just ridiculous

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
This whole fiasco is a sick environmental "relay" with the baton being responsibility and leadership. It ought to be interesting to see who crosses the finish-line with it.

More like a "hot potato", if you ask me. Nobody wants the responsibility even though both BP and government are EQUALLY responsible. What's so funny though, is that they don't seem to care how stupid they both look. They are really showing their stripes and they just don't seem to care.

new topics

top topics

join