It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass. Senate passes crackdown on illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Mass. Senate passes crackdown on illegal immigrants

The measure, which passed on a 28-10 vote as an amendment to the budget, would bar the state from doing business with any company found to break federal laws barring illegal immigrant hiring. It would also toughen penalties for creating or using fake identification documents, and explicitly deny in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants.

The amendment would also require the state’s public health insurance program to verify residency through the Department of Homeland Security, and would require the state to give legal residents priority for subsidized housing.

Oh NO, what is happening in Massachusetts?

Are they waking up from their Sanctuary State Coma?

I didn't think they would ever wake up from their liberal/progressive coma...but that is just what happened.

When Mit Romney was the governor of that state he signed into law tough Illegal Immigrant language which was overturned by the Democratic State & their very Liberal Governor. Seeing how majority of the Nation SUPPORTS Arizona, Massachusetts politicians are now running scared about their hold onto power & have started to adapt conservative principles. But the snakes have already been identified.

Just this week a State Rep of Massachusetts was rear ended by a Drunk Illegal with a breathalyzer reading of o.25.
That same politician then later went onto say that he still supports Illegal Immigration.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

On Wednesday evening, a Suffolk University poll found that 84 percent of the state’s voters back tougher restrictions on illegal immigrants. The poll surveyed 500 registered voters from Thursday to Sunday.

It goes next to a joint legislative committee charged with reconciling differences in the House and Senate budgets. If the amendment survives that process – which is closed to the public – it goes to Gov. Deval Patrick who could sign or veto it.

This bill has to make it to Gov. Patrick's desk.

He can chose to sign it and still get voted out next election or he can veto it and still get voted out next election.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Man, I thought you were pro constitution. The constitution gives the power of immigration regulation to the Federal government not the states. These laws will not stand. It's nothing more than a distraction and a waste of time.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

damn the feds, they want illegal immigration, they want amnesty, they want collapse, its the only way they can usher in their fascist one world government.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Where in the constitution does it say "Illegal Immigrants Come Hither"?

It does say in the federal and state statues that Illegal Immigration must be strictly enforced and those found in violation to be deported.

Massachusetts is one of the most forgiving sanctuary states next to California. For them to even bring this about, just shows how much an influence the nation of LEGAL immigrants is making on the lawmakers. The Nation of LEGAL immigrants support AZ laws in majority of 74% and growing. The Massachusetts residents alone support the law by 84%,

[edit on 28-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Hey that thread you created about 17 states passing similar laws like Arizona. It should be updated to add Massachusetts, because Massachusetts was not on the original 17.

There is more talk on the wires about 4 more states coming on board.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I heard about that incident with the drunk illegale immigrant in the car accident. The man just laughed and stated that there was nothing that could be done, cause he was returning to Mexico and oh well. What I believe that many are seeing, is that an illegale immigrants show up here, and instead of attempting to gain citizenship or even being good people, just tend to flaunt the laws, knowing that all that will happen is that they will get sent back to their home country so they can sneak back across the boarder and continue to do such. It is the actions of a few that are pretty much making the entire country upset at all illegale immigrants right now.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by damwel

Where in the constitution does it say "Illegal Immigrant Come Hither"?

It does say in the federal and state statues that Illegal Immigration must be strictly enforced and those found in violation to be deported.

Massachusetts is one of the most forgiving sanctuary cities next to California. For them to even bring this about, just shows how much an influence the nation of LEGAL immigrants is making on the lawmakers. The Nation of LEGAL immigrants support AZ laws in majority of 74% and growing. The Massachusetts residents alone support the law by 84%,

So Massachusetts is now a city?? LOL Just kidding. I know what you
meant. I say good for them. Stand up to the government and don't take
any more foot dragging from these creeps running this country.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Meh, such typos are common with me.

Though it is surprising for the dems in this state to be in a state of fear over the recent polls showing how much deep rooted support AZ type law has in their state.

Residents had enough of this type of criminal behavior that is ruining their communities I guess. Dems are worried for the coming elections and are doing what ever they can to generate some favor...but its a bit late for them.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good good good

Looks like a couple states are starting to wake up!

Hope the other states follow suit!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
With the recent momentum of states following Arizona's lead, and now surprisingly Massachusetts joining the group, this movement appears much stronger than I thought it would be!!! I am betting that the two last states will be California and NY. Hopefully they too will decide to do THE RIGHT THING and join the nation in this GLORIOUS and RIGHTEOUS effort!! This is WONDERFUL, and the RIGHT THING TO DO!!!

EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Man, I thought you were pro constitution. The constitution gives the power of immigration regulation to the Federal government not the states. These laws will not stand. It's nothing more than a distraction and a waste of time.

I am curious why it is that so many believe that States that pass legislation
that mirrors federal law as being so bad. States have been working with DHS for
some time now on immigration. As an example, Tennessee Code Annotated provides:
T.C.A. 4-3-2015

4-3-2015. Memorandum of understanding with United States department of
homeland security concerning enforcement of federal immigration laws. —

(a) The commissioner of safety may negotiate the terms of a memorandum of
understanding between the state of Tennessee and the United States department of
homeland security concerning the enforcement of federal immigration laws,
detention and removals, and investigations in the state of Tennessee.

(b) The memorandum of understanding shall be signed on behalf of the state of
Tennessee by the commissioner of safety and the governor or as otherwise
required by the appropriate federal agency.

(c) The commissioner of safety shall designate that appropriate employees of
the Tennessee highway patrol be trained pursuant to the memorandum of
understanding. There shall be at least one (1) employee of the Tennessee highway
patrol in each district office of the highway patrol who is trained pursuant to
the memorandum of understanding.

(d) Funding for training shall be provided pursuant to the Homeland Security
Appropriation Act of 2006, Public Law 109-90, or subsequent federal funding
sources.

[Acts 2007, ch. 165, § 1.]

Further
T.C.A.
4-7-121
states:

4-7-121. Officers trained to enforce federal immigration laws. —

Highway patrol officers certified as trained in accordance with a memorandum of
understanding between the state of Tennessee and the United States department of
homeland security pursuant to § 4-3-2015 are authorized to enforce federal
immigration laws while performing within the scope of their authorized duties as
state highway patrol officers.

[Acts 2007, ch. 165, § 2.]

Hence, the issue of State immigration laws when modeled after existing Federal law seems to be moot, as the Federal government, i.e. DHS has given authorization to the States, or at least in this instance to the the State of Tennessee, which in turn has authorized certified employees of the TN Highway Patrol to enforce immigration law during the performance of their duties. I am not so sure those arguments against SB1070 on it's Constitutionality are going to stand once all other things are brought into the picture. States are enforcing the laws anyway.

prionace glauca I hope I did not interfere with your S&F'd thread. That was not my intention my friend.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Hey m8, you didn't interfere in any way.

I thank you for posting that information so that poster & others can realize that states are doing what is already considered constitutional.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
With the recent momentum of states following Arizona's lead, and now surprisingly Massachusetts joining the group, this movement appears much stronger than I thought it would be!!! I am betting that the two last states will be California and NY. Hopefully they too will decide to do THE RIGHT THING and join the nation in this GLORIOUS and RIGHTEOUS effort!! This is WONDERFUL, and the RIGHT THING TO DO!!!

EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT!

Actually its already in the California Penal Code....834b requires the police to check if someone is here illegally or not, if they are illegal then they are to be turned over to ICE. The drawback is that the police dont follow the law except when it suits them.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I was shocked to see Mass. finally on board. Why was Rhode Island shot down?

In any case, more states need to enforce laws against illegal immigration and take care of the law abiding citizens.

new topics

top topics

join