It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of the illuminati

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Illuminatus - the enlightened ones is what they called themselves in Latin, otherwise known as the Bavarian Illuminati... it is argued when they where formed, many would like to say that Adam Weishaupt formed the secret society in 1776, but I tend to think that their origins go much further back, to the time of the crusades in the east. It is true that Adam Weishaupt was the founder of modern speculative freemasonry, please don't confuse that with other forms of freemasonry that were prevelent at the same time, but to credit him with the foundation of the illuminati is nothing more than a lie and a deception on their part, to decieve those who wander into this area of research.

I have done a great deal of research over the past few years and I would like to pose an argument on their actual origins, who they were and what they stood for.

Please find my youtube video below...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Actually Adam founding nothing in respects to Freemasonry.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Try have a look at the jesuits, they are the founders of Illuminati, Marxism and free masonry. Wellknown throughout history as sorcerers etc.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hey man, can't watch the youtube at the moment (poor bandwidth in evenings), but would really appreciate it if you could give a bibliography/links to your research.

Thanks

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Actually Adam founding nothing in respects to Freemasonry.

I have to disagree I'm afraid, please do not think that I am saying that Adam Weishaupt formed the freemasonic idea, this is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that he did found the modern speculative freemasonry, of which most forms of freemasonry are based upon today, especially Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq

Try have a look at the jesuits, they are the founders of Illuminati, Marxism and free masonry. Wellknown throughout history as sorcerers etc.

Yes the jesuit movement had a large part to play in the forming of the illuminati but they were'nt the only one's who went into forming it.

No doubt there were many differing secret societies at the time that had similar ideas and which eventually became part of the illuminati.

I have a good understanding of the history of such societies through numerous years of research and no single organisation or secret society can be attributed to the formation of the illuminati, it was a process of almalgamation in which many organisations played their part.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Wasn't Weishaupt against the Jesuits? I mean, I know he was educated by Jesuits, but he hated them... When his university fired all the Jesuits, he still had a teaching postion.

This always confuses me when people try to say the Bavarian Illuminati was started by Jesuits...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
To truly understand the Illuminati, one MUST understand its concepts and purpose. which is the right direction to seek for answers despite years of research.

Even though EVERY society had been infiltrated by national and power control freaks, the Illuminati's concept and purpose - idealism, had never died, and its cross had been borned silently by true many whom are untainted by the powers that be, to illuminate mankind's journey through its darkest periods...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The Scottish Rite was founded by York Rite Masons. The York Rite degrees and ceremonies predate Adam Weishaupt.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The jesuits were banned from 83 countries in 400 years and as they got banned they created new secret societies and went undercover as civilians, converted jews etc etc, Weishaupt was one of them.

Most of the Illuminati families are former jesuits gone undercover. They even took nazism into Germany(SS general Himmler was a jesuit sorcerer) and Stalin was a jesuit priest.... Always on both sides of every war controlling their puppets...

Their black pope is the chief sorcerer still today. His reverse speech is kind of interesting.

The jesuits have done more evil than anyone can imagine:

www.overunity.com...

Have a look at the quotes from all the historic figures.... Jesuitism is the head of evil, Illuminati the throat and freemasonry the body someone said. I do not agree but it is not so far away I believe.

See Joe Biden, the jesuit v. president, Barroso the EU president jesuit.... They are in every country controlling your politicians behind the scenes, there will be an innocent monastery and a provincial general where the real power is placed.

Still my conclusion is the jesuits are not the top of the pyramid....

The top of the pyramid is not human anymore, in my humble opinion.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
The jesuits were banned from 83 countries in 400 years and as they got banned they created new secret societies and went undercover as civilians, converted jews etc etc, Weishaupt was one of them.
No, he wasn't. Readthis to disuade yourself of such nonsense. Terry's done far more historical research on the Bavarian Illuminati and Adam Weishaupt than any other author I'm familiar with.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but über-LOL at OP. Watched the video and it seems that you dragged that up from your imagination. What you would like the Bavarian Illuminati to have been.
For sound research on the Bavarian Illuminati please see here:

Illuminati Conspiracy Part One: A Precise Exegesis on the Available Evidence

Illuminati Conspiracy Part Two: Sniffing out Jesuits

Perfectibilists: The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati by Terry Melanson

Bavarian Illuminati Info

And also a site that is not the domain of Terry Melanson and whose owner has a book coming out soon I think:

illuminatiofbavaria

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extant Taxon
I'm sorry, but über-LOL at OP. Watched the video and it seems that you dragged that up from your imagination. What you would like the Bavarian Illuminati to have been.
For sound research on the Bavarian Illuminati please see here:

Illuminati Conspiracy Part One: A Precise Exegesis on the Available Evidence

Illuminati Conspiracy Part Two: Sniffing out Jesuits

Perfectibilists: The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati by Terry Melanson

Bavarian Illuminati Info

And also a site that is not the domain of Terry Melanson and whose owner has a book coming out soon I think:

illuminatiofbavaria

I was not soley concentrating on the bavarian illuminati so all of your comment is null and void as far as I am concerned.

Dragged up from my imagination? No I don't think so, it was a quick video highlighting some of the things I have come across through my research and the connections that it implies.

Nice attempt at trolling though...

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Your words from the video:

"Illuminatus, the enlightened ones, otherwise known as the Bavarian Illuminati...

No trolling here I'm afraid. You produce unfounded speculation, I countered with highly relevant, soundly researched web pages on the subject. Produce some evidence to back up your contentions please, otherwise at best it is baseless conjecture. Worst, complete fantasy. From the very beginning you of the video you attempted to backdate the origins of the Bavarian Illuminati to the Crusades, link them to Luciferianism, mysticism, magical rites, etc. The latter three being the very antithesis of the Enlightenment ideals they actually professed.

The rest of your video is sterotypical pseudo-history epitomized by the likes of Baigent, Lincoln, and Leigh in books like The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. Later rehashed in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code.
So I take it back, maybe this is not all from your imagination.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
Dragged up from my imagination? No I don't think so, it was a quick video highlighting some of the things I have come across through my research and the connections that it implies.

Can you please cite some of the sources you employed during your research? This would make it much easier to determine how you arrived at any conclusions that you have postulated.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Not sure if you missed my question, would hate to think you're ignoring a request to share your research.

Originally posted by jokei

Hey man, can't watch the youtube at the moment (poor bandwidth in evenings), but would really appreciate it if you could give a bibliography/links to your research.

Thanks

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I was not soley concentrating on the bavarian illuminati so all of your comment is null and void as far as I am concerned.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

Help me out here - what other Illuminati are there? The Mainz Jacobins? Who are you talking about?

I thought your thread was about the actual Illuminati, not the fictive?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You produce unfounded speculation, I countered with highly relevant, soundly researched web pages on the subject. Produce some evidence to back up your contentions please, otherwise at best it is baseless conjecture. Worst, complete fantasy.

unfounded speculation, baseless conjecture, and complete fantasy? I don't think so... Ok I shall state some of the things that I said in my video.

I mention,

Date of the foundation of the illuminati being founded being highly disputed and argued about. FACT

The Crusades, securing of pilgrimage routes and aqquiring of new knowledge from the east, Esoteric and occult knowledge. FACT

The illuminati being the complete opposite of what they are today, a secret society of intellectuals who were driven underground for fear of persecuition by the Christian Church. FACT

Alchemists of the dark ages 11th, 12th 13th centuries and beyond practicing this occult knowledge for various uses. FACT

The Knights Templar gaining a vast amount of wealth quickly and subsequently being hunted down by the Christian Church for crimes of heresy, occult rituals etc. FACT

Remaining Knights Templar and other individuals who held the same belief systems holding positions of power, pollitically and religiously due to their high standing and wealth being untouchable. FACT

Sinister occult ritual practice and beliefs which are today considered "satanic" being practiced by these induviduals. FACT

Original teachings of christ being that of the gnostics and subsequently the gnostic books being banned by the church for their "opposing" and "contradictory" message. FACT

Christ going to Egypt for a number of years. FACT

Christ being an initiate in the Egyptian Mystery schools. UNPROVEN but highly speculated

Mary Magdelene being Christs spouse. UNPROVEN but is suggested in many gospels of the bible, as her being the disciple that he loved the most and often kissed upon the lips.

Mary Magdelene carrying the child of Christ. UNPROVEN, but highly speculated due to the many legends that speak of her fleeing to the south of france in a small boat with her servent and a small female child.

Subversion and bastardisation of Christs original teachings. UNPROVEN but a lot of events throught the past millenia suggest this.

Various Holy Grail legends in the Langduoc region of France. FACT

Merovignion (sp?) kings of France and their Bloodline. FACT

The gnostic beliefs of the Cathars and their subsequent persecution by the Christain Church. FACT

The survival of the Cathars beliefs and possible merger with those of the early illuminati and the hatred towards the church. POSSIBLE

From the very beginning you of the video you attempted to backdate the origins of the Bavarian Illuminati to the Crusades, link them to Luciferianism, mysticism, magical rites, etc. The latter three being the very antithesis of the Enlightenment ideals they actually professed.

The Bavarian illuminati are just one aspect of the modern day illuminati, and I believe the modern day illuminati are an amalgamtion of various secret societies of the time.

Luciferianism being an antithesis of enlightenment? You really show your ignorance here, do you even know what Luciferian beliefs are? They believe in aqquiring further knowledge and enlightenment, now that's hardly at odds with it is it?!?

Mysticism and occult rituals have been a large part of most secret socities that attain to gain further knowledge, kings and queens for hundreds of years employed alchemists as their advisors and often upon the alchemists advice would wage a war etc.

The rest of your video is sterotypical pseudo-history epitomized by the likes of Baigent, Lincoln, and Leigh in books like The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. Later rehashed in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code.
So I take it back, maybe this is not all from your imagination.

Stereotypical psuedo history? That's just your opinion and it doesn't actually make it so.

All I have done is researched into some things and connected some dots and the picture that it paints is blindingly obvious.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Can you please cite some of the sources you employed during your research? This would make it much easier to determine how you arrived at any conclusions that you have postulated.

There are many sources, but due to a lot of the research I have conducted throughout the past few years I have not kept a record of links etc.

I will shortly find some sources out and have some links.

I should have been clearer and cited some some sources, an error I will shortly sort out.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Not sure if you missed my question, would hate to think you're ignoring a request to share your research.

Sorry about that, I have been busy and unable to attend to this thread, I will shortly provide you with some links so that you can do some further research

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join