It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier in Iraq Loses Home Over $800 Debt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
There are such laws. I didn't read the linked article, but I don't believe this for a second.

Like someone else said, read the stuff before making comments.

The article does say there is a law that protects active duty personel, and it also states how the HOA messed up by not taking this into account. They expect a court to reverse the foreclosure and right now they have reached an agreement in which they are allowed to stay at home until the matter is resolved.

The biggest problem they face right now is legal fees.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Well, that is ridiculous. Sounds like a total set up to me, that a house that expensive sold for $3,500. You never see foreclosures like that, even in Ft Myers, the "epicenter" of foreclosure.

I hope he gets all this squared away, and that wife needs a trip to the psych ward if she is so crippled by whatever is wrong with her that she cant open mail. She sure as hell doesnt need to be left in charge of children.

You can bet the "buyer" was an HOA's family member for buddy for sure. Looks like complete theft via paperwork.

Then that person "sold" it to a 3rd party... probably with a 200k profit.

Would be very interesting to find out who "bought" it at $3,500 and how much they "immediately" sold it to and for how much.

I would love to know how these "buyers" are linked to the HOA president and members.

Pure opportunity theft.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
At what point does the "I'm overseas" absolve you of your responsibilities? Too many people try to get away with that. It's an little "entitlement" thing, that some people take way too far.

Yes it was a simple bill that went over due; Pay your Bills.

Should the HOA have taken it that far, I don't think so, BUT they signed their names to the contract and owe the money, pay your bills!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here's the latest video and article from 6-21-2010 on this situation from WFAA TV news:

"Frisco HOA that foreclosed on soldier getting death threats"

www.wfaa.com...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by manta78]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join