It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm trying to debunk this footage. Anyone want to help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There are two separate videos of the same bear, both having a different stick used. One is bent, and this is the other. THEN there are edited clips of those videos. As for the two main clips being fake... one being hoaxed is a maybe, but extremely good, while both being hoaxed is highly doubt-able. If you're caged up for awhile, I bet you would develop some means of using your time. Smart bear would be my verdict.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Haha, thats awesome. That bear has skills., I doubt its somone in a costume....
------------------------------

Here's just a video to enjoy

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This video was discussed previously and I believe the conclusion was that this bear is the reincarnation of a Buddhist monk who died nearby many years ago. The monk apparently was quite adept at the martial arts. It could also be a case of possession where the monk intentionally possessed the bear's body.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If I met this bear in a dark ally, He wouldn't need that stick to kick my azz !

Impressive.. my jury is still out on if it's a hoax or not, but i can't see someone teaching this to a bear.. perhaps he's just playing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

That is so funny

I could see how this could be genuine if the bear has learned to play with the stick like that but its hard to believe what im seeing

Even if it is fake, I think it's great

Airease

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It is seriously one of those vids that makes you go, "holy S***!" out loud.
That's what I did. I mean seriously, that is an incredible bear.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Cant believe you think its fake, you guys believe in things you cant see like ufo, alliens, life on mars and chupacabras but when you see a bear playing with a stick you say its fake? crazy sanababiches btw i saw the bear licking his butt in the final

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok this is the edited version. There are obvious cuts, splices and looping. I also got a look at the original unedited footage, which is a helluva lot longer. The bear did the moves but the edited version makes it look infinietely more impressive.

Not a hoax

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I call it real, but manipulated. I'm basing it on the crowd reaction doesn't start until half-way through the piece. After seeing the more believable videos above, it obviously played to the crowd.
I've had a clown for a pet (an English bull terrier) and animals love the applause. I think it would have stopped if the crowd wasn't responding.
Sweet Baboo (my bully's name) would wait until he had our attention before doing is silly tricks.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Mark my word...

This video will be found to be very good CGI.

You guys make me

edit:

Originally posted by stars15k
I call it real, but manipulated.

Yes, the video of the bear is very real. But him going Bruce Lee on the Bo staff is CGI.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It seems to be real. I find it interesting how the bear has learned to do something that is very entertaining for people to watch. It beats the back and forth shuffle so many caged animals exhibit.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I cannot believe some are saying this is real. Please. Look at some of the movement and it is pretty clear it is looped. Well done but looped. This is not new. For the Star Wars geeks out there, when they filmed Luke being attacked by a Tuskan Raider in IV, they did the same thing. When the dude raises his weapon over his head, he only did it once. During editing, they looped the action to make it look more menacing. Check it out.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

A combination of footage of the actual animal and of the puppet is given the CGI treatment splicing and looping and lots of other such techno manipulation.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Remember that CGI means 3D rendering, not frame by frame editing.

Anyway, talking about the video itself, the hands move with no high precision. Even when the stick is near to fall, the fingers doesn't move with the precision of a human hand. It almost doesn't move the fingers at all.

Either it's fake or not, I do not understand why a bear couldn't do this. Are there any reasons to think it couldn't?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Spinotoror]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join