It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Likely a Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My family makes fun of my alien conspiracy theories and a cousin sent me this photo. It does look like a plane banking but I figure I'd let you guys have a look anyway. I can see wings.

My cousin has a farm plot at Shelby Farms Park in Memphis, TN. I don't know why she took the picture but she's always taking pictures so whatever.

Anyway, I'm waiting on an answer to the question I asked her. I wanted to know what main street the camera is facing. If I know what direction the object is going I'll be able to say for sure if its a plane coming into the Memphis International Airport.

Like I said my first glance says its a plane.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a803c243c9b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I did tell her I'd totally consider it a UFO if there were crop circles in her corn!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What are we looking for???? Only see smudge , middle left of picture.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yep that's it. The smudge. lol I see a smudge with wings. BUT in my defense I've seen worse photos of "UFOs" here at ats. My sight is not stellar so I posted it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I u2u'd u my email address could you send me the original?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I u2u'd u my email address could you send me the original?

Sure. My cousin took it with a little digital camera. I highly doubt she resized it but you never know. She put it on my Facebook.

Give me a few..

Ok just talked to her. All she did was upload the photo from her camera to her computer. Did nothing with it (except put it on my Facebook) She's at home and will email me the original today and I'll send it straight to ya for some professional eyeing.
Thanks!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Yep that's it. The smudge. lol I see a smudge with wings. BUT in my defense I've seen worse photos of "UFOs" here at ats. My sight is not stellar so I posted it.

Despite worse photo, without expensive filters to run picture through, I'd hazard a guess your cousin is pulling your leg as you stated yourself.

My family makes fun of my alien conspiracy theories and a cousin sent me this photo.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by Bachrk

Despite worse photo, without expensive filters to run picture through, I'd hazard a guess your cousin is pulling your leg as you stated yourself.

My family makes fun of my alien conspiracy theories and a cousin sent me this photo.

No no she's not that type of person. She just noticed it on the pict, didn't know what it was, and decided to poke a little fun at me but she is serious. She doesn't know what it is and thought I might since I spend so much time looking up.

We'll let Zaiger have a look at the original.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As it's not in focus I would say it's more likely to be close to the camera, and therefore a fly/bug of some sort...

Kind regards,

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ir0nM0nkey
As it's not in focus I would say it's more likely to be close to the camera, and therefore a fly/bug of some sort...

Kind regards,

That is interesting because she stated the following on my FB page when I told her it was probably a plane:

My Cousin---"Ok, it's not a plane. It's under the clouds and it's way too small.
After spraying myself with enough bug spray to create a small mushroom cloud above my head and STILL being bitten, I'm now convinced that the blur in the picture is a mosquito.
These flying behemoths have built up a resistance to all garden chemicals and now we must pay the price!
So if you see a large shadow sweep across your perfectly green lawn, grab your small children and run!"

As soon as Zaiger has a look at the original we will have more info

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I really can't believe I'm wasting my time on this. Slow day I guess.

I know very little about Photoshop but I just bought the Photoshop Elements 8.0

I cut out the object, pasted it on a new page, blew it up to 300%, sharpened it then used the invert option.

If you ask me why I did this I really couldn't tell ya. I thought I remembered someone here doing something like this for a better view.
Which is funny coming from me since I'm blind as a bat!

Anyway, here's the photos. I'm SURE Zaiger will do a much better job.

BTW The photo I used is from FaceBook and I'm pretty sure FB resizes upon uploading. My cousin is emailing me the original. As stated above I'll be forwarding it along to Zaiger for a more professional eyeballing.

Here's my VERY unprofessional photo research. Still looks like nothing to me.
Photo from FB cropped
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78b2f09d2640.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo cropped and enlarged to 300%
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f10ef9aa5172.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo cropped, enlarged and sharpened
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57623f36f13b.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo cropped, enlarged, sharpened and inverted
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0e6322ee902.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah I know. Don't quit my day job. Actually the problem may be I need to get a job. Idle hands

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Whoa total deja vu looking at the picture you posted. I almost remember a similar picture of something over a farm field, but I believe the angle of view was slightly different.

What might of been captured here in the photo was a bird swooping down over the field. Just my guess.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Bachrk.....

I think it's either a bug or a bird (as per the image below).

I think I can see what you mean about there being a teeny weensy little thing sticking out of the top of the "thing" perhaps looking like 1 wing of a banking plane, but I think on balance it's either a bird or a bug.

If pushed, I'll say "bug"!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f32b0b306a15.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
She emailed me the original and the exif data looks legit by that i mean no signs of any editing to the photo.

new topics

top topics

join