It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'trading nuclear technology' says UN panel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

North Korea 'trading nuclear technology' says UN panel

news.bbc.co.uk

The experts said North Korea has used front companies and intermediaries to sell weapons and provide illegal assistance to Iran, Syria and Burma.

The preliminary report was compiled by a seven-member group that monitors Pyongyang's compliance with sanctions.

The panel has called for further, urgent investigations.
Devices

The 47-page report outlined a broad range of techniques used by North Korea to evade sanctions imposed by the UN after the North's nuclear tests of 2006 and 2009,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea: Sanctions a declaration of war

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Most of us have probably heard of trades like this going on from time to time. There have been advances in missile technology around the region for many years now. With this article I think it is at least good to have an idea where at least some of the information, support, and materials have been coming from, and going to.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
whats happening with nk right now is like some one proding a beehive with a stick soon the bees will come out and sting us but then the bee's will die soon after the attack. does anyone get that metaphor i thought it made sence.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised that this is going on? The countries all involved, are allied together, do not like the US, view the US as a power to be reconded with. What I believe that is behind the scenes, is that China is acting as a go between North Korea and its allies, keeping it on the down low and behind closed doors so that way they can claim, that they had no knowledge of such, and plausable deniablity.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
whats happening with nk right now is like some one proding a beehive with a stick soon the bees will come out and sting us but then the bee's will die soon after the attack. does anyone get that metaphor i thought it made sence.

i get the metaphor, but i think we may have an issue if the rumors are true then what do they have to fear by launching agianst us...not that buch, maybe some atmospheric blowback by fallout

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It makes me laugh.

The Governments around the World (UK, US etc.) must have known this has been going on for years.

What have they done about it?

Diddly squat, zilch!

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Sanctions through the United Nations that have done NOTHING!

Mr Obama and other leaders in the normal World, get off your backsides and do something to stop North Korea and Iran / Syria before it's too late!

You will only have yourselves to blame when a suitcase Nuke goes off in Washington or New York. Stop being so blind and dumb!

top topics

join